I love my 9700 and I don't think I have ever had a phone this awesome but I'm thinking about buying the torch and I've read a lot of people opinions on how they like the 9700 better and I would like to hear people opinions on why do they think the one is better then the other? Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-10 10:13 PM
    I have never been a touch screen fan so I like the 9700 better and the 9780 even more.
    09-01-10 10:25 PM
    well .. i think the Bold 9700 is great

it looks good .. and very good for everyday ... every minute ... for life

but if you want enjoy the Touch and OS 6 + physical Keyboard , 9800 is good for that
    09-01-10 10:27 PM
    I bought a Torch. I've had it for two weeks and I'm returning it. I had having to slide it up to type. The lock buttons suck. There is no left convenience key. It's low. Everything.
    09-01-10 10:31 PM
    a slider will never be worthy of comparison to anything more than another slider or the contents of a trash can behind a chinese restaurant.
    09-01-10 11:48 PM
    upgraded to a Torch from a Bold 9000.
    i hesitated upgrading to a 9700..
    took about 3 days to get used to the thinner keyboards..
    but been loving the phone ever since.
    09-01-10 11:52 PM
    I love the 9700's form factor. I honestly think it's one of the best looking phones out there. Obviously the specs of the 9800 are better, so it's hard to argue that but when the 9780 comes out I don't think there will be much of an argument.
    09-01-10 11:55 PM
    Slider phones are dead to me.

Now RIM just upped the ante with a clam shell "style" blackberry?

Someone really needs to get fired for these atrocious design choices.
    09-02-10 12:12 AM
    Well...i think Blackberry bold 9700 is a great phone as compare to any other.It has hi-resolution display,Enhanced multimedia playback as compare to other Blackberry bold

blackberry pearl skins
    09-02-10 01:27 AM
    To me the bold 9700 is the perfect phone. I have tried them all curve iphone desire n900 and have always gone back to the 9700. Trust me this phone is quick easy to use and does everything a PHONE must do 10/10. Who the **** wants a phone with a keyboard and a touch screen what is the point.The torch just dont make sence to me.
    09-02-10 02:39 AM
    I had a 9700. I bought a 9800 on launch day. I returned it after 11 days. I'm back to the 9700.
    09-02-10 02:44 AM
    Well since I don't have a 9800, I'll have to say the 9700. I'm not a fan of touch screens or sliders.
    09-02-10 06:41 AM
    I like the 9700 better just for the fact that i don't really like sliders. Im also not sure the screen is big enough for a touchscreen especially for using the virtual keyboard. Another point is that fact that the 9700 will be getting OS 6, i would wait and see how that is before trading it in. To be fair, i have never seen or played with a Torch in real so my opinion is based on what i've seen online so far. I recently sold my 9700 simply for the fact that i got offered descent money for it, otherwise i would still have it...best BB i have owned. I will check out the Torch just to play with it on Sept 24 (expected release date here) but will probably wait for the 9780,unless something else is coming soon.

09-02-10 06:56 AM
    I bought a Torch. I've had it for two weeks and I'm returning it. I had having to slide it up to type. The lock buttons suck. There is no left convenience key. It's low. Everything.
    My exact opinion... "I hate having to slide it up to type..."

The 9800 is a great phone, innovative, OS6 is great, but a BlackBerry, to me, says ease, accessibility and qwerty keyboard and not having to slide up a screen to said keyboard.

09-02-10 08:03 AM
    My exact opinion... "I hate having to slide it up to type..."

The 9800 is a great phone, innovative, OS6 is great, but a BlackBerry, to me, says ease, accessibility and qwerty keyboard and not having to slide up a screen to said keyboard.

Your dead right take out of pocket and your away. For a phone it does its job perfect. No thrills or spills just a good phone
    09-02-10 08:21 AM
    This is a 9700 forum, so obviously those who don't like sliding and touch screens will prefer 9700. If you go to 9800 board lol they will mostly say 9800 is great.

It's all preference... As long as you don't run to Apple... we are all family.
    09-02-10 09:05 AM
    I'm good with my 9700. I would like to try the 9800 though, it looks like a great device with the new touch screen and of course, BB6.

But for now, due to lack of money and interest, I'll stick to my 9700.
    09-02-10 09:39 AM
    Add me to the list of 9700 owners who bought a Torch, than sold it and came back to my 9700.
    09-02-10 10:53 AM
    Add me to the list of 9700 owners who bought a Torch, than sold it and came back to my 9700.
    Might I ask what made you do that? Just curious.
    09-02-10 10:55 AM
    We are talking of two very different form factors. Though I don�t have a Torch, I have had slider phones in the past, and I did not find them practical.

In my opinion I�d love the 9700 (or even better, the 9000) form factor, but with a touch screen and keyboard, in the same way as Palm�s Treo family and HP newer smartphones.

I would still use the physical keyboard for typing (no comparison to any touchscreen kb) and use the touchscreen for browsing the phone�s apps.
    09-02-10 11:10 AM
    The torch is a much better blackberry than the 9700 (which is a damn good device in its own right). To the people saying it doesn't make sense to slide up a phone to get to the keyboard, I hardly do. The virtual qwerty keyboard in landscape and the SureType I have set for portrait mode do the job fine. Plus after using os6, I'll never xgo back to a os 5.0 or lower berry.
    09-02-10 11:12 AM
    I played with a torch briefly and didn't come away wanting one, for now 9700 is were I'll be. I understand why RIM would make a touchscreen or even a slider, they are losing market share to Android devices, and want to bring that market back to black...berry that is. RIM has many contracts with businesses to make phones for professionals, their will always be a Market for that form factor.
    Just to throw a monkey wrench into the mix, what if RIM made a side-slider, a-la DROID style. The key board would be plenty wide enough for a QWERTY keyboard, but would completely change the Blackberry form factor. RIM is just now trying to really go after the rest of the users, teen texters/media user, 20 something social/business hybrid, and so on...then RIM still tries to keep the Blackberry standard.
    Maybe it's time RIM splits Blackberry in to two divisions The standard Professional Blackberry user, a new division Raspberry, or even Cranberry so they can completely change the form factor without people up in arms over "you changed my phone, what did you do?"

Just thinking out loud, scary I know.
    09-02-10 12:25 PM
    Might I ask what made you do that? Just curious.
    Just didn't like the Torch as much as my 9700. Paid $200 plus $75 early upgrade fee...didn't want to pay the $35 restocking fee at AT&T so I sold it and made a few hundred. I may get a 9780 once I'm eligible for another early upgrade

09-02-10 08:28 PM
    The torch is an awesome phone but they should have made the keys a little bigger because it's hard to type on it but other than that it's an awesome phone!
    09-02-10 08:30 PM
    Played with a dummy model and on the physical side I think that the slider has killed the blackberry keyboard. And plus then the phone looks like a hispter device.
    No productive phone or bussiness man phone should ever need to twist flip or slide to be functional. It should be a device that can be used with one hand and be able to get all the information that you need.

In essence, blackberries are meant to be productive phones not toys.

09-02-10 08:37 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD