so i just got this email from RIM about Device Software update notification. see below for wording.. i can't seem to get the update though.. anyone know what gives?

BlackBerry Device Software
    Update Notification

UPDATE
    TODAY!

What else can your BlackBerry� smartphone do for you?

Find out when you update to the latest smartphone software! This free update is ready and waiting to help you do more with your BlackBerry smartphone. Update today.

New ways to work and play!

This update includes enhancements to your BlackBerry Device Software. If you download it over the wireless network, charges may apply..
    Get the most advanced BlackBerry Device Software to keep your BlackBerry smartphone performing at its best. Update Now.

Recently changed your BlackBerry smartphone? If you are viewing this message from your BlackBerry browser, you can automatically update your device information when you visit here.

Research In Motion

EDIT:: I'm on a 9700 on T-Mo
    09-01-10 09:11 PM
    You could already be on the newest, and they just took so long to get you the email.
    09-01-10 09:14 PM
    T-Mo released a new OS, but at least a month ago. Was there a link in the email, and did you verify the address on the email?
    09-01-10 09:16 PM
    T-Mo released a new OS, but at least a month ago. Was there a link in the email, and did you verify the address on the email?
    2 links on the email. one took me to blackberry.com/update the other i cannot load from my phone for whatever reason. i updated to .586 a long while ago... i haven't went to .7whatever as i'm pretty happy with my current OS...
    09-01-10 09:21 PM
    I wouldn't have expected either link useful from your phone. That must just be a very delayed email.
    09-01-10 09:24 PM
    Probably so.. Disregard what I said about .586.. My device is operating on .714 although I have no idea when I updated to it.

Thanks for nothing, RIM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-10 09:26 PM
    I'm also using a 9700 on T-Mobile US and I got one of these, too. Sadly, no update though. Then again, I'm running the latest Voda release: 5.0.0.8xx.

Too bad, I was hoping it was the BBOS 6 upgrade I'm wishing for.
    09-01-10 09:34 PM
    with t-mo on .714 and pleased as can be with it; no email.
    09-01-10 09:59 PM
    I got the same email! I was so excited and thought they released OS6 but nope. False! I already have .862 though.

09-02-10 01:41 AM
    I also received the email. I'm on Tmo 9700 with .714. I figured out the email is actually for 8900 users. If you click on the link in the email at the bottom that says unsubcribe you will see it brings you to a page that shows a PIN for an 8900 .
    09-02-10 04:50 PM
    I believe it is for the new appworld 2.0

09-02-10 05:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD