If you experience any strange behavior with this update, please uninstall MeterBerry, reboot, and then reinstall it.

The default Reset Mode was changed from 1 to 3, because the number of users that now have devices and/or OS versions which require Reset Mode 3 has surpassed those that require the other modes. If you were previously using Reset Mode 1 (the previous default) or 2 and device resets were working correctly, you should change the Reset Mode back to 1 or 2.

New Features:

Color-coded, Customizable Banner Indicator

This feature has been requested for literally as long as I can remember, and now it's here. Instead of having to exit out to the home screen and look at the MeterBerry icon to view your battery, memory, etc. info, now you can see that same info without interrupting what you're doing on your phone - reading emails, browsing, etc. - because that same info can now be displayed in the banner area.

Choose between battery level, device temperature, or free application memory. The colors of the icons will change just like MeterBerry's main home screen icon. And just like the main home screen icon, the thresholds at which the colors change can be adjusted to your liking in MeterBerry's options.

Estimated Battery Time Remaining

Another long-requested feature, MeterBerry now estimates the remaining time until your battery fully discharges. This estimate is based on the calculated average battery discharge rate. Just like the discharge rate, the more data and time MeterBerry has to make its calculations, the more accurate this will be. If you have no average discharge data, either because you just fully charged your phone or you reset the discharge rate manually, the remaining battery time will read "Unknown". Once your battery discharges a few percentage points, you will get an accurate reading of your estimated battery time remaining.

The estimated battery time remaining can also be selected as a home screen icon, along with the existing battery level, temperature, free application memory, change in application memory since startup, and time since last reset icons. And just like the existing icons, you can change the thresholds at which the colors change.

OS 6.0 / Torch 9800 Support

v2.5 is fully compatible with OS 6.0 and the Torch 9800. For device resets, use Reset Mode 3 in MeterBerry's options (the new default).

Fixes for Incorrect Memory Totals on Bold 9000, 9650, etc.

My apologies for this taking so long, but MeterBerry should now display the correct amount of total application memory for all current devices.

In the future, or if for some reason MeterBerry still does not display the correct amount, you can force the total memory to a different value. Sorry to disappoint, but this has no affect other than on MeterBerry's memory display and calculations. It doesn't actually give you more memory.

MeterBerry Overview:

Customizable, Dynamic Home Screen Icons
    Keep tabs on your battery, memory, or device status right on your home screen.

Customizable Battery and Memory Notifications
    MeterBerry will notify you when your battery level or free memory drops below the thresholds you specify.
    Notification sounds, LED, and vibrate behavior are all customizable through the phone's standard Profiles application.

Logging
    MeterBerry keeps logs of how your battery level, free memory, signal strength, and device temperature change over time, allowing you to detect a failing battery, monitor how 3rd party applications or OS's affect your battery life, memory, or signal strength, find areas or times of the day where your signal strength drops, determine if your phone is overheating, and more.

Soft Reset (Battery Pull) Functionality
    Reset your device by simulating a battery pull any time you want.
    Or, schedule a reset to be performed automatically daily at a specific time.

Memory Recovery
    Initiate the Java garbage collector to free up application memory on-demand, when you receive a low memory notification, or hourly when your phone is idle.

Event Log Management
    View the system Event Log to troubleshoot application or operating system problems.
    Clear the event log hourly when your phone is idle to free up application memory.

Device Statistics
    MeterBerry calculates the average battery discharge rate, battery time remaining, change in free memory since startup, time since the last reset, and more.

Small Footprint
    MeterBerry is less than 200 KB in size when installed. And its run-time footprint is even smaller.

Unparalled Support
    E-mail us at [email protected] with any problems, questions, comments, or suggestions. We will answer.

Check out all the details, along with FAQs at the MeterBerry website.

Purchase MeterBerry for a steal, only $3.95!

No other program even comes close to offering MeterBerry's bang for the buck.

We released the first version of MeterBerry in February 2009. Since then, we have released fifteen new versions/updates, without charging a single cent to existing customers to upgrade. If you're willing, please click the Donate button below to help continue these free updates. We appreciate whatever you can give, even if it is very small. Thanks so much.

Last edited by Giant Cashew; 09-02-10 at 04:07 PM.
    09-01-10 07:15 PM
    Yay! Just got the email from mobihand to upgrade. i've been waiting for this forever! Just downloaded...rebooting now.

The best part I see so far is the font is bigger/clearer than the old version. Nice new features, great work on this app!
    Last edited by sabbotage; 09-01-10 at 07:31 PM.
    09-01-10 07:25 PM
    nice...like the banner icon...finallllly!!!
    09-01-10 07:46 PM
    One problem I've noticed so far is that the file memory for the 9700 says 512 mbs, when it should be 256 mbs

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-10 08:15 PM
    Excellent upgrade! Got to delete BatteryEx now.
    09-01-10 08:27 PM
    Finally get this working right for my Torch. I'm a happy camper!
    09-01-10 08:30 PM
    No free trial? Are all features available to OS 4.5 devices?
    09-01-10 08:36 PM
    One problem I've noticed so far is that the file memory for the 9700 says 512 mbs, when it should be 256 mbs

Sorry, I just fixed this. If you re-download the update you will get the fix. Alternatively, you can set the correct amount of total memory in MeterBerry's options under "Force total memory".
    09-01-10 08:37 PM
    Same here, I just double checked on my 9700.
    09-01-10 08:41 PM
    Upgraded fine with no issues. Love this app. Thanks for the upgrade/support.
    09-01-10 08:45 PM
    The font is too large for the screen. My default font settings are at #8, but everything is jumbled and unreadable. I have sent you an email with some screen shots, can you check your emails and take a look at this for me.

Brad.
    09-01-10 08:46 PM
    I'm so happy to see the banner icon option, i did send an email about that along with many others I'm sure...excellent job on the upgrade!
    09-01-10 08:47 PM
    Just updated, no issue.
    Great news for the banner icon and the remaining battery time.

So, this version works on OS6, so I now have a compatible App for when OS 6 drops for my Bold 9700!!
    09-01-10 08:52 PM
    Weird....trying to upgrade from 2.0.9 on my 9650....deleted Meterberry first through applications, took a reboot and whenever I install the OTA link from Mobihand, it goes through successfully but on 1st install, it gave some module error when I tried to run it......then I uninstalled again and tried reinstalling....says it installs correctly but cannot run it...you click on the trackpad on the icon and nothing happens.....another weird thing is the link Mobihand sends me still says version 2.0.9....any ideas Giant Cashew?
    09-01-10 08:55 PM
    Sweet...I'm lovin the Banner

09-01-10 09:03 PM
    Weird....trying to upgrade from 2.0.9 on my 9650....deleted Meterberry first through applications, took a reboot and whenever I install the OTA link from Mobihand, it goes through successfully but on 1st install, it gave some module error when I tried to run it......then I uninstalled again and tried reinstalling....says it installs correctly but cannot run it...you click on the trackpad on the icon and nothing happens.....another weird thing is the link Mobihand sends me still says version 2.0.9....any ideas Giant Cashew?
    I see this happen sometimes when pushing out an update. I would recommend clearing all cache and cookies on your phone, and then trying the update again. You definitely should not be seeing v2.0.9 on the update link.
    09-01-10 09:03 PM
    Great update! I have request for this app. It seems like it would be fairly easy to add on. I was wondering if you could add a "charge rate" as one of the stats calculated by the app?

09-01-10 09:06 PM
    To all that may have had early access to the update, or downloaded very early from Mobihand, and had large font issues, try to redownload it again.

The font issue has been fixed!!!

From the developer:
    Please re-download the update and the font should revert to as it was in prior versions of MeterBerry. There was a problem with the initial upload.
    Brad.
    09-01-10 09:08 PM
    Working great on the Torch

09-01-10 09:12 PM
    I see this happen sometimes when pushing out an update. I would recommend clearing all cache and cookies on your phone, and then trying the update again. You definitely should not be seeing v2.0.9 on the update link.
    Sweet, cleared the cache/cookies on the browser like you suggested and it showed 2.5.0.....after installation still gave a null.pointer error....removed it once again and then reinstalled and seems to be sorted. Thanks!
    09-01-10 09:25 PM
    answer to post #7????
    09-01-10 09:26 PM
    answer to post #7????
    Sorry; there is currently not a free trial. MeterBerry is compatible with OS v4.7 or newer.
    09-01-10 09:35 PM
    Sorry; there is currently not a free trial. MeterBerry is compatible with OS v4.7 or newer.
    Might be worth putting in the FAQ.
    09-01-10 09:38 PM
    Late request/suggestion for a future release...
    It would be great to have the notification area icon change to the different views at the same intervals as the app icon does. Just thoughts.

Is an API available for something like this?
    09-01-10 09:43 PM
    On storm getting the following message when I click on the emailed download link:

"This product has to be downloaded on a desktop computer and then installed through cable synchronization."

Is that supposed to happen?
    09-01-10 09:52 PM
98 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD