I can't get the Sirius/XM app to work on my Torch running OS V6. Whenever I try and run it I get an error message saying "Service Temporarily Unavailable" during the "Checking User Credentials" process. I have uninstalled and re-installed, cleared the cache and tried opening a trial account and nothing works.

Anyone have any luck getting it to work on the Torch??
    09-01-10 07:06 AM
    I can't get the Sirius/XM app to work on my Torch running OS V6. Whenever I try and run it I get an error message saying "Service Temporarily Unavailable" during the "Checking User Credentials" process. I have uninstalled and re-installed, cleared the cache and tried opening a trial account and nothing works.

Anyone have any luck getting it to work on the Torch??
    It currently is not supported by Sirius, it will probabaly take a while too since they still don't even have the 9650 listed on their download page.
    09-01-10 11:29 AM
    It currently is not supported by Sirius, it will probabaly take a while too since they still don't even have the 9650 listed on their download page.
    It's being working of the 9650 for a while now.
    09-01-10 02:10 PM
    just out of curiosity is this a sirius not supporting the 9800 problem or sirius not supporting os 6 problem?
    09-01-10 02:38 PM
    BB.David:
    I was just pointing out the website hasn't been updated to reflect it to show they aren't putting much effort into the bb app.

Theycallmekevin:
    I'm not sure which but considering the torch is almost the same as the bold 9700 for hardware and the 9700 version of the app won't connect (didn't get to a point where I needed to worry if the interface worked), I'm leaning towards an incompatibility with the OS. Howver, I don't get any errors in the bb error log and the app is opening network connections. My guess is the sirius app transmits the model info and their servers do a server side check to allow or not allow a particular model. Since the 9650 didn't work at first for people and now works without them updating the download page for the app it makes sense.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-10 11:55 PM
    just out of curiosity is this a sirius not supporting the 9800 problem or sirius not supporting os 6 problem?
    I'm 90% sure its software (OS) and not hardware.
    09-02-10 07:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD