The Blackberryfree.blogspot has been threatened with legal action by RIM and all the OS 4.5 links have been removed.

Adlen has been likewize threatened and his links are gone. His toolbar has been changed to remove the links to 4.5

I do not blame RIM for this. These OSs are their property and they must be failrly peeved to see their bug ridden efforts being so widely circulated and discussed.

If RIM wished, they could, and probably are - hi there, RIM lurkers, read what we are saying because we are a free testing service for them and are completly deniable "Well they are just a bunch of geeks running an un-supported and un-sanctioned Operating System. Pay no attention.".

Wherever OS 4.5 beta versions come to us from is not well known but it must be an official beta tester who is leaking copies. Whoever you are, thank you and keep up the good work.

When new betas magically appear, they will now have to be stored on private web sites and carefully circulated. This should not mean that more people wil lose out, just that we have to be faster and keep moving the download locations. Everytime a download location becomes known RIM will menace the site owner (not the guy who owns the site, the company who owns the whole installation) with action unless....

We will have to keep switching sites to stay ahead of this. MAybe we should move to Bittorrent. Anyone got any ideas?

As the Thread title said, Things just got a little bit toughter to get OS 4.5.

I am glad that it will be released soon-ish.
    Last edited by Pete6; 07-16-08 at 02:29 PM.
    07-16-08 01:46 PM
    well, I'm glad I downloaded mine before it got shut down!
    07-16-08 01:48 PM
    I was beginning to speculate whether the lack of recent beta leaks meant that an official release was soon to happen. It seemed like every couple of weeks for a month or two there would be a new beta version, and now it's been longer than that since .52 was leaked.
    07-16-08 01:52 PM
    The Blackberryfree.blogspot has been threatened with legal action by RIM and all the OS 4.5 links have been removed.

Adlen has been likewize threatened and his links are gone. His toolbar has been changed to remove the links to 4.5

I do not blame RIM for this. These OSs are their property and they must be failrly peeved to see their bug ridden efforts being so widely circulated and discussed.

If RIM wished, they could, and probably are - hi there, RIM lurkers, read what we are saying because we are a free testing service for them and are completly deniable "Well they are just a bunch of geeks running an un-supported and un-sanctioned Operating System. Pay no attention.".

Wherever OS 4.5 beta versions come to us from is not well known but it must be an official beta tester who is leaking copies. Whoever you are, thank you and keep up the good work.

When new betas magically appear, they will now have to be stored on private web sites and carefully circulated. This should not mean that more people wil lose out, just that we have to be faster and keep moving the download locations. Everytime a download location becomes known RIM will menace the site owner (not the guy who owns the site, the company who owns the whole installation) with action unless....

We will have to keep switching sites to stay ahead of this. MAybe we should move to Bittorrent. Anyone got any ideas?

As the Thread title said, Things just got a little bit toughter to get OS 4.5.

I am glad that it will be released soon-ish.
    The bittorent share community have 4.5 os all over the place, you can easily find file at any of the popular sites (pirate bay etc.) for download. It is funny i am reading this i saw an increase of uploaded torrents for this version and wondered why that is, now i know why.
    07-16-08 02:04 PM
    Is the "official" releases of the software free?
    07-16-08 02:09 PM
    yes it is........
    07-16-08 02:13 PM
    So the problem is just the beta? I don't see this being a big deal. I would never use the Beta anyway.
    07-16-08 02:14 PM
    The bittorent share community have 4.5 os all over the place, you can easily find file at any of the popular sites (pirate bay etc.) for download. It is funny i am reading this i saw an increase of uploaded torrents for this version and wondered why that is, now i know why.
    what about demenoid? Also notice your from hauppague....Im in Smithtown, whatup neighbor
    07-16-08 02:16 PM
    So the problem is just the beta? I don't see this being a big deal. I would never use the Beta anyway.
    It's a big deal because RIM does not offer public beta testing. These copies of the beta OS are not authorized by RIM for public use and are being distributed illegally.
    07-16-08 02:17 PM
    I used bittorrent in the early days (.10, .18) but then I stopped. I guess that I am just going to re-start searching Google with 'bittorrent 8310 4.5.0.' again.
    07-16-08 02:18 PM
    Oh I agree. What I'm saying is I don't care about the Beta. I am not sure why anyone else would really or risk "bricking" their BB.
    07-16-08 02:19 PM
    I'm a little confused. I just went to the blog you mentioned and I can download without a problem. If fact, I'm getting it right now! 3:21PM Eastern Standard Time
    07-16-08 02:22 PM
    It's a big deal because RIM does not offer public beta testing. These copies of the beta OS are not authorized by RIM for public use and are being distributed illegally.
    Illegal as in infringing RIM's copyright.

I guess that the person who is really in breach would be the person who started the leak by 'uploading' (or whatever) the software.

They will have signed a non-disclosure agreement with RIM and you can bet that it specifically says that they are not allowed to pass the software on.
    07-16-08 02:22 PM
    what about demenoid? Also notice your from hauppague....Im in Smithtown, whatup neighbor
    What's good Raven, yeah demonoid has it. demonoid is in my opinion the best/safest site for torrents. You should be careful when downloading files from tracker sites use only the most reputable. Otherwise you will get a bunch of viruses, malware etc. These hackers love to embed their work into the files and it is a pain in the a** to get rid of them.
    07-16-08 02:24 PM
    I'm a little confused. I just went to the blog you mentioned and I can download without a problem. If fact, I'm getting it right now! 3:21PM Eastern Standard Time
    This is why:

we'll have to remove the posts with links to OS 4.5 no later than July 17th, 2008
    07-16-08 02:25 PM
    5th paragraph down 'So to sum it up, we'll have to remove the posts with links to OS 4.5 no later than July 17th, 2008,'.

He has been served a cease and desist notice. Today looks like it will be the last day.

Was my timing a little off? Oh, I am SO sorry. It seems to be still there today and you are downloading....
    07-16-08 02:26 PM
    I too would never get a beta to run on my BB. If I'm going to get the new OS I want it to be official and released from RIM.
    07-16-08 02:27 PM
    Oh I agree. What I'm saying is I don't care about the Beta. I am not sure why anyone else would really or risk "bricking" their BB.
    hmm let's see because its a piece of cake to reload the OS and you can't truly "brick" your device using a beta OS or any other OS. you can fry your SIM card possibly or be out a few mins to reload the OS, but other than that it just doesn't happen. the betas for BB are very stable (some moreso than others obviously). a lot of the issues crop up with individuals and their 3rd party apps. the OS itself is usually fine for the most part (been using every single one since .10 for my 8310 on AT&T w/ little to no issues).

IF you think you bricked your device, you didn't, its just a temporary state...

BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    07-16-08 03:20 PM
    I too would never get a beta to run on my BB. If I'm going to get the new OS I want it to be official and released from RIM.
    there is little to no difference in the late beta releases and the "official" release. minor enhancements at best.
    07-16-08 03:24 PM
    Well... we all knew this day was imminent. RIM can find the blogs and sites that we get our leaks from just as easily as us!!

You had to kind or figure this would be coming soon... and I hear all along that the late .5X and the .6X releases would be a pain in the a$$ to get!! Either you know someone or you don't from here on until the end... and I have a feeling Betas will be a litte more *hush hush* (obviously)

When I first attempted the whole Beta OS 4.5 thing I used BitTorrent, and I found a couple of the files... they were always loaded long after the other leaks found on RapidShare and the likes.

Things will now be more exlusive and move private...
    07-16-08 03:35 PM
    Betas for BB's aren't always stable. There was a beta for the 9000 that had NO SOUND. But I do understand what you mean. It was only a matter of time before the hammer came down. Honestly, you cannot be mad at RIM. These are not made for the public, and for a reason. And people can' or I should say shouldn't be disappointed with RIM about the bugs in a beta, considering they're not supposed to have them in the first place. But, did those people really think they could get away with it forever? No way. As Pete said, if you think employees from RIM don't pay attention to what's on this site or others you're crazy. And if you think they do not have people that search for the same betas as everyone else, then you're still crazy. IMHO, the only real beef you can have with RIM that's valid, is that there's not a release yet. And as far as the betas, once RIM finds a copy of a leaked beta, they can tell where the leak came from. Anyways, happy beta hunting. And good job on the thread Pete, everything you said makes a lot of sense.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-08 03:37 PM
    For those who're interested, a couple members have just created threads saying Orange has released 4.5.0.52 for the 8320 and 8120.
    07-16-08 03:41 PM
    I would have thought that they should be happy about all the buzz about 4.5. Being able to show that they are somewhat capable of providing a mildly usable browser and HTML e-mail, at the time of all the noise about the iPhone release - is not it good marketing.

Seriously - I, for example, was so peeved at not being able to read some e-mails and web-sites that I was very close to jumping ship. Beta showed up just in time.
    07-16-08 03:54 PM
    Demonoid Or Pirate Bay Would Be The Place To Start I Think Rim Will Have A Pretty Tough Time Trying To Shut Down The Bay.
    07-16-08 03:58 PM
    For those who're interested, a couple members have just created threads saying Orange has released 4.5.0.52 for the 8320 and 8120.
    Thanks for this. It turns out to be 4.5.0.75 for the 8320. This is a good thing.
    07-16-08 04:00 PM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD