Alright, so this is my first blackberry and I got a Tour on Verizon the network. For the most part I got it down. Heres the deal, I am doing a semester in London (I live in the United States) and I was wondering if I could take the SIM card out of it and just get SIM card over in London put it in and go. I really just need it to call/text a little to other people who are also in London. I will not be calling home with it and what not. Just need to talk to people when I'm in Europe.

I figure it's not going to be that easy, but someone please tell me it is.

Thanks,

Dave
    08-31-10 04:56 PM
    For the most part, yes, it is that easy.

However - you need to make sure your berry is unlocked before you go. From my understanding Verizon Tours and Bolds aren't unlocked out of the box - but you can either get an unlock code or call VZW and ask them to do it.
    08-31-10 05:10 PM
    Unlock your phone, pop in a SIM and you're good to go as far as voice/text

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-10 08:35 PM
    Hey guys,

Thanks a lot for your help! I plan on calling up verizon tomorrow morning and asking them to give me an unlock code.

Thanks again.
    08-31-10 10:32 PM
    Hey guys,

Thanks a lot for your help! I plan on calling up verizon tomorrow morning and asking them to give me an unlock code.

Thanks again.
    If VZW fails to supply the code check the unlocking forums around here for lots of people willing to do the job for a few dollars. Best of luck.
    09-01-10 07:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD