I wonder if anyone else has had speaker distortion issues with the Storm 2 9550? When your speaking with someone it is a loud shrill brrrrrr sound for lack of better terms. The sound will occur whether I make the call or receive it. It is so loud I have to move the phone away from ear and does it no matter what the volume is on and no matter what case it is in. However if I wear my buetooth then there is no problem! The problems began with the last wireless update. I have had 3 so far and verizon is sending another one. After multiple testing Verizon has concluded there is a software problem and Backberry is working on a patch but they didn't sound hopeful it would be fixed soon. I love everything else about this phone and don't want to downgrade! Please help!
    Last edited by armymom2; 08-31-10 at 09:21 PM.
    08-31-10 04:41 PM
    You might try posting this in the Storm 2 forum, you may get faster answers to you questions. This is the Storm 1 forum.
    09-01-10 11:34 AM
    Yes, the issue is related to OS 713. Wipe the OS and reload one that isn't loaded with bugs; 517 and 451 run really well on S2. Stay away from the VZW "officials", they're junk.

edit: http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/71...lution-522421/

Storm 2 Update .713 has Ruined Voice Calls!!!! - Verizon Wireless Community
    Last edited by plkcable; 09-01-10 at 12:00 PM.
    09-01-10 11:52 AM
    I have my second 9550 and will be heading to verizon again because of the distortion in the speaker. I have only had this newer phone about six months. A speaker should be able to last longer than this...even if it is turned up to max!
    11-18-10 06:42 AM
    I have this same issue. I get the distortion and the voice will "break up" while in conversation. I will also get alot of echo as well. In a couple talks with a VZW tech, they wanted to post a support ticket with some of their techs (or at least that is what it sounded like they wanted to do). The guy told me it would take a couple days and they would get back to me.

At the time I was also working on a warranty replacement because of some locking and freezing issues. So I decided to go with the replacement first and then re-visit the radio issues later. But now Im wondering if there is even a point to trying. I really dont think they will come back to me with any solutions. I think I will give this new OS (1015) a shot and see what happens. I do think though that we (the people experiencing this issue) should keep up on this because it is really a conversation killing problem. I mean the noise is so annoying and frequent when it does happen that it makes talking on the phone pointless.

I will check back in this thread occasionally to see if anything else pops up. And if I do go further with VZW on this I will keep you guys posted. But at this point, Im just not sure if it is worth it. I may just have to deal with it if 1015 does not help.
    11-25-10 08:50 PM
    .1015 fixes the distortion issue.
    11-25-10 09:00 PM
    Does it? Ok.. I just updated my phone to .1015 last night. I have not had the opportunity yet to have a couple conversations and see how well it worked. But I will take your word for it, for now.. I will also report back after I have a days worth of using my phone with .1015. At least that way there will be a couple people either confirming or denying the fixed/not fixed report.
    11-26-10 12:10 PM
    My speaker (Storm2) started acting up a few days ago. I just started running 1015.
    Still having same problem.
    Getting frustrated.
    11-26-10 02:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD