Thanks to the unassuming hanced01, who blithely just announced in this thread that HE had no problem getting Pandora working.

Sure enough, the version (1.1.4) available for OTA download on pandora.com is is working now, even though the site mentions nothing about supporting the 9800.

PAAAAARTAAAAY!!!!!
    08-31-10 12:43 PM
    Thanks to the unassuming hanced01, who blithely just announced in this thread that HE had no problem getting Pandora working.

Sure enough, the version (1.1.4) available for OTA download on pandora.com is is working now, even though the site mentions nothing about supporting the 9800.

PAAAAARTAAAAY!!!!!
    Nice. Thanks for posting. A lot of members have been asking about it.
    08-31-10 12:59 PM
    Lol.....old news guys. There's been a few "Pandora" threads for few days now. But hey deserves a bump! (-:

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-10 01:07 PM
    Lol.....old news guys. There's been a few "Pandora" threads for few days now. But hey deserves a bump! (-:

News to me, and I'm on here quite a bit. Must have happened over the weekend, which is when I try and do an Ari Gold and have "family time" . . . I don't hide my Torch in the restaurant bathroom, though.
    08-31-10 01:12 PM
    Thanks!! Just downloaded, and works great!
    08-31-10 01:13 PM
    It works great!
    08-31-10 01:18 PM
    News to me, and I'm on here quite a bit. Must have happened over the weekend, which is when I try and do an Ari Gold and have "family time" . . . I don't hide my Torch in the restaurant bathroom, though.
    It's all good.
    Compared to the "endless" negative Torch/RIM/at&t posting, an extra reminder won't hurt. I saw it on another site yesterday. Yeah, I still get the rolling eyes(during family time) and she has a 9700.
    08-31-10 01:20 PM
    Haha.....I'd much rather see a few extra Pandora posts then the ranting n raving n bashing threads any day! We're 3 out of 4 BB's in this house so yeah despite that we have family time every day. No choice otherwise here. She getting a 9800 too?? Any interest?

08-31-10 01:28 PM
    Haha.....I'd much rather see a few extra Pandora posts then the ranting n raving n bashing threads any day! We're 3 out of 4 BB's in this house so yeah despite that we have family time every day. No choice otherwise here. She getting a 9800 too?? Any interest?

She wants one, but, loves her 9700 over her old 8310 Curve.
    08-31-10 02:27 PM
    Finally!!! lol i just found out 30mins ago and downloaded immediately, it works great!! Bring the battery drain!!
    08-31-10 02:52 PM
    FYI, we do have a dedicated forum here on CB: http://forums.crackberry.com/f191/ and I create a new post whenever a new release is put out, usually with a short description of the change or release notes.
    08-31-10 03:54 PM
    I downloaded it but I'm at work so I can't try it, any noticeable bugs or problems?

08-31-10 03:56 PM
    I downloaded it but I'm at work so I can't try it, any noticeable bugs or problems?

I haven't noticed any. Works pretty well. )

EDIT: Well, I have had a problem now. Was listening for a while and was done. Selected Menu>Shut Down Pandora and the device locked up. Black screen but lit keyboard. Had to pull the battery... ((
    08-31-10 03:59 PM
    Many thanks for the 411. Much appreciated!
    09-01-10 03:11 AM
    FYI, we do have a dedicated forum here on CB: http://forums.crackberry.com/f191/ and I create a new post whenever a new release is put out, usually with a short description of the change or release notes.
    Thanks, good to know that. I know the mods like to keep threads about third-party apps in the third-party apps forum, but a new thread should have been posted here since this gets the vast bulk of the Torch traffic.

I had searched the forum here before posting this thread, and the only Pandora threads were of the "No Pandora?" variety. It's only now that I see a few people had posted in one of those threads over the weekend that Pandora was now working. Definitely should have gotten its own "now working" thread then!
    09-01-10 07:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD