ok,sorry if this was asked before but...

When I send/recieve an email there is no small check-mark next to the messages with a small "R" for read or "D" for delievered.

How do i change this?

When i Had my 8900 it had the check mark,is this something that is only on the 9700?

TIA!
    08-31-10 10:16 AM
    Isn't that just on BBM and not email?
    08-31-10 10:22 AM
    I thought that was only on BBM, and text messages would show just a D.
    08-31-10 10:24 AM
    nope the check mark with the "D" or "R" is also on emails...idk why its not on my 9700..but it did it on my 8900
    08-31-10 10:33 AM
    I've only ever seen that on BBM.
    I know some carriers will give you the D on SMS to other people on the same carrier as you, but not across carriers.

I have never seen it on Email. - You can try playing with the Delivery confirmation settings in options and see if that does it for you.
    08-31-10 10:35 AM
    nope the check mark with the "D" or "R" is also on emails...idk why its not on my 9700..but it did it on my 8900

By searching I found: In message folder click on options and then click on email settings. You should see Confirm Delivery Confirm Read.

That what you're looking for?

edit: that still doesn't give you the "D" and "R" for emails. Never heard of that anyway, and I've been using BB for a long time.
    Last edited by plkcable; 08-31-10 at 10:42 AM.
    08-31-10 10:39 AM
    It will show a check on emails sent. It is to distinguish between sent & received. It doesn't mean delivered or read.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-10 11:03 AM
    Sorry but you are mistaken.
    08-31-10 11:08 AM
    In Messages,

- unread emails are in bold with a yellow envelope symbol against them
    - read emails are unbolded with a colorless and opened envelope
    - sent emails are unbolded with a tick mark
    - failed sent emails are also clearly marked but I can't remeber the icon

On-screen, there is an icon and a number (if selected in Messages, Options, General Options, Display New Message Indicator and Count)

It could not be much clearer.

There are also Menu options to set messages to be read or unread by using the Mark Opened or Mark Unopened choices.

However there is no provision, as in Outlook, for a delivery and/or a recipient opened/read indicator. I am fairly sure that if you ask for an opened/read confirmation in Outlook this will also show up on the BlackBerry (because it is another message).

I really wish that RIM would make their BlackBerry email much more like Microsoft Outlook in look, feel and options.
    08-31-10 11:23 AM
    - failed sent emails are also clearly marked but I can't remeber the icon
    I believe it is a red x.

08-31-10 11:29 AM
    In Messages,

- unread emails are in bold with a yellow envelope symbol against them
    - read emails are unbolded with a colorless and opened envelope
    The "read" the OP is referring to is on the recipient's end; similar to how BBM shows delivered and read.
    08-31-10 11:33 AM
    I believe it is a red x.

Think you're right .
    08-31-10 11:38 AM
    The "read" the OP is referring to is on the recipient's end; similar to how BBM shows delivered and read.
    Yes, Outlook can do this as an option. You can request a read/opened confirmation on a per message basis. Alanagous to registered or recorded snail mail letters which are trackable and require a signature on delivery.

email on the BlackBerry unfortunately does not have this abuility.

As you rightly say, BBM does - er, RIM, er, -- duh, why does email not?
    08-31-10 11:41 AM
    thanks guys for your help but i figured it out..i had to unhide my sent messages...
    08-31-10 11:45 AM
    You can request a read/opened confirmation on a per message basis.
    Yeah, i know. I posted instructions on where to turn those on earlier in the thread.

But that's not what the OP was looking for.
    08-31-10 11:46 AM
    thanks guys for your help but i figured it out..i had to unhide my sent messages...
    Mmm..and this actually shows 'd' and 'r' in your emails? I highly doubt it.

08-31-10 12:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD