Just got on the bet list to test SS for Android platform. I'm getting Epic this week so I will be ready. I know that other apps do the same thing, but I like SS.
    08-31-10 08:10 AM
    Just got on the bet list to test SS for Android platform. I'm getting Epic this week so I will be ready. I know that other apps do the same thing, but I like SS.
    Just a friendly FYI

Tweet Deck for iPhone and Android... 100% pure EPIC WIN

10 times better than Social Scope ever was.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-10 08:23 AM
    so did I. got an email from socialscope. Yes, tweet deck is what's up too but like the OP, I do miss SS.
    08-31-10 10:25 AM
    Kind of miss the app, do NOT miss the battery drain.
    08-31-10 11:12 AM
    SS only looked good on BlackBerry devices because initially it was a one of a kind app. That being said... SocialScope was always a resource hog, poorly coded, and severely lacking in organizational skills when dealing with their users. Android UI's already accomplish natively what SS was designed to do for BlackBerry, and TweetDeck is way too far ahead of them for SS to be a viable alternative anywhere in the near future.
    08-31-10 12:46 PM
    SS only looked good on BlackBerry devices because initially it was a one of a kind app. That being said... SocialScope was always a resource hog, poorly coded, and severely lacking in organizational skills when dealing with their users. Android UI's already accomplish natively what SS was designed to do for BlackBerry, and TweetDeck is way too far ahead of them for SS to be a viable alternative anywhere in the near future.
    If TweetDeck for Android ever gets close to the Apple version i will be happy as a pig in slop.

08-31-10 12:49 PM
    I think Social Scope has a market niche in the android community, as it stands there is not a true application that allows you to see the timelines at once. SocialOne is the closest thing but it just pulls you to the mobile sites. Going to signup for the beta now.

09-06-10 11:18 PM
    Good luck with that if you wanna stay on a "beta" app forever
    09-07-10 05:39 AM
    Socialscope is my favourite BB twitter app and on my Nexus I jump between Seesmic and Tweetdeck.

It's fair to say that the Socialscope android app will differ slightly to the BB version simply because it's a different platform. I've signed up for the beta and am looking forward to checking it out when it arrives.

09-07-10 06:30 AM
    I signed up as well, curious to see how it is...
    09-07-10 08:02 AM
    also curious..already signed up for iPhone
    10-08-10 05:45 AM
    I signed up, curious as well
    10-08-10 07:26 AM
    can you take screenshots so i can see what the app looks like on an android?
    11-19-10 02:18 PM
    I think Social Scope has a market niche in the android community, as it stands there is not a true application that allows you to see the timelines at once. SocialOne is the closest thing but it just pulls you to the mobile sites. Going to signup for the beta now.

TweetDeck allows you to see all accounts in one line, or account by account.
    11-19-10 02:28 PM
    can you take screenshots so i can see what the app looks like on an android?
    what application? TweetDeck or Social Scope?
    11-19-10 02:31 PM
    I might just reinstall TweetDeck. It was a very effective program, despite how basic it looked.
    11-19-10 02:32 PM
    I am flipping between Seesmic and Tweetdeck. I prefer Seesmic's interface.

I'd like to see how SS comes out on Android.
    11-19-10 05:52 PM
    I am flipping between Seesmic and Tweetdeck. I prefer Seesmic's interface.

I'd like to see how SS comes out on Android.
    Funny thing is they've never fully released it for BB (still in beta) and it's been two years.
    From my understanding the Devs were a-holes about it way back when and sorta made it a "private club" of sorts and to put it mildly, most got pissed and went with something else.

Maybe with Android being an "open source" they'll come up with something faster than what they did for bb.
    Last edited by JoelTruckerDude; 11-21-10 at 08:54 AM.
    11-21-10 05:45 AM
    what application? TweetDeck or Social Scope?
    I would like to see socialscope but I wouldn't mind seeing tweetdeck

11-21-10 11:08 PM
    I would like to see socialscope but I wouldn't mind seeing tweetdeck

okay, i'll snag some screen shots and post them.

============================================

This is the main timeline, showing twitter as of right now, but all of your linked accounts will show here. The dots in the upper right hand corner show what line you are on. As you scroll to the right the dots will move to the left side of the screen.

This a picture preview via a twitter account, if someone post a picture it preview below the tweet, no need to open the browser

This is the Status update screen, w/keyboard, if you look at the top it shows all of the various accounts. Twitter /each account/, Facebook, FourSquare, GoogleBuzz.

And these are the options you have via the status screeen, for adding location via Twitter, Facebook (places) or Check-in (four Square).. and it will allow you to add people, for something like #ff.
    Last edited by syb0rg; 11-22-10 at 08:22 AM.
    11-22-10 07:58 AM
    I signed up months ago...I wish I could get an invite. I finally got one for my blackberry, but then I made the switch. There should have been a way to just switch it over to your new phone. merrr.
    11-22-10 09:05 AM
    I signed up months ago...I wish I could get an invite. I finally got one for my blackberry, but then I made the switch. There should have been a way to just switch it over to your new phone. merrr.
    Yea i still have an active BB account with them. I wish i could find the .apk for it.
    11-22-10 09:28 AM
    Hey syb0rg, those screenshots were for socialscope right? It looks great!! Wish I had it. If only seesmic had fackbook integration as well. Please do find the apk, I had a bb account with them, would I be able to sign in if I installed the app?

11-22-10 09:49 AM
    Yea i still have an active BB account with them. I wish i could find the .apk for it.
    I know that would be awesome...if you find the apk for it can you please share it with me? I hate that I have been signed up with SS to test it out on android for months and haven't gotten anything. LAME!
    11-22-10 09:51 AM
    Hey syb0rg, those screenshots were for socialscope right? It looks great!! Wish I had it. If only seesmic had fackbook integration as well. Please do find the apk, I had a bb account with them, would I be able to sign in if I installed the app?

That is TweetDeck. Currently in the market.
    11-22-10 11:19 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD