I am new to the 8530 curve and really like it.

Here is the question, I ride motorcycle and I listen to my music on i-pod but getting tired of listing to the same music and downloading music. So what is the best free music app out there that I could down load? Oh yeah I don't like rap and country!! And not to hard rock.

Plus how long will the battery life be?
    Forgot to tell you I have ear buds and I where a helmet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-10 05:04 PM
    Download Pandora and stream music to your phone. Best solution out there.

08-30-10 06:22 PM
    There's also iheartradio.
    08-30-10 07:23 PM
    I second Pandora. They play songs and artists that I've never heard on the radio.
    08-30-10 09:28 PM
    You can try Pandora, if you don't like it, try Slacker. They're both free apps. If you want to listen to your local stations, you can download this app called "iheartradio," it's also free.
    08-31-10 02:40 AM
    I love Pandora...but FYI it is not available in Canada in case that's where you are..don't waste your time.
    08-31-10 11:09 AM
    Pandora is great! I practically live on it all day via Jawbone. The only downside in your case would be that you can't "thumbs down" or skip songs as you ride. Also, if you ride in remote areas, you will lose your conection and then it's worthless as there is no cacheing like Slacker. If you ride local, in good coverage, it's a good app and just gets better the more you listen because it "learns" your style of music. And it's free unless you're a very heavy listener. As for battery life, I've found that it is at least 4 hours of solid music, which, by the way is what my Jawbone gives me using A2DP from one charge.
    Last edited by SkySoldier; 08-31-10 at 03:15 PM.
    08-31-10 03:03 PM
    Pandora is great! I practically live on it all day via Jawbone. The only downside in your case would be that you can't "thumbs down" or skip songs as you ride. Also, if you ride in remote areas, you will lose your conection and then it's worthless as there is no cacheing like Slacker. If you ride local, in good coverage, it's a good app and just gets better the more you listen because it "learns" your style of music. And it's free unless you're a very heavy listener. As for battery life, I've found that it is at least 4 hours of solid music, which, by the way is what my Jawbone gives me using A2DP from one charge.
    Thanks for the info on this. I downloaded pandora. Kinda cool how it works. Like I say I don't know much about the phone.

Now the next dumb question is what happens if I go into a roaming area will I be charged. And what is this thing about going over this 5 mega bites or klbs or what ever it is. Hope you know what I am talking about.

Its like teathering. Which I don't have the plan. But if I did I couldn't go over some number.

08-31-10 05:08 PM
    You will have to check your plan to know about roaming charges. But, I thought that most companies did away with that as long as you stay within the country. lol

Don't worry about the 5GB cap that is supposedly enforced. I have never had an issue with it. You should be good to go!
    08-31-10 05:47 PM
    Slacker is way better than Pandora. Another good one to try is Flycast.
    08-31-10 08:51 PM
    Slacker is way better than Pandora. Another good one to try is Flycast.
    Gotta say, I really prefer Pandora over Slacker. Pandora just gives me more music I enjoy
    08-31-10 09:26 PM
    I don't think you need to worry about roaming as this uses data (internet) not cellular coverage, you either have a solid data connection, or you don't. As for the amount of data usage you are asking about (5 MBs or whatever), you cannot possibly go on a ride long enough to put a dent in data usage. The free Pandora version gives you 40 hours a month of music, that is probably the number you should be more concerned about.
    If i'm wrong about the roaming, somebody please help me out.
    I have to say that Pandora seems to have more "depth" in its music, they put out stuff I have forgotten about and I'm supposed to be a fan of that particular artist! Very happy with Pandora.
    08-31-10 10:45 PM
    slacker!

or pandora works well too!
    08-31-10 11:59 PM
    Gotta say, I really prefer Pandora over Slacker. Pandora just gives me more music I enjoy
    I made a couple of custom stations on Slacker, and can listen for hours without having to skip or ban a song.
    09-01-10 06:44 AM
    Pandora is my fav also. You can make your own playlists, and then it finds music with in that genre for you.
    09-01-10 01:23 PM
    I use FlipSide. It scrobbles what I'm listening to my last.fm

09-01-10 04:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD