I just launched "Blackberry Desktop SOFTWARE" - which must have been an update from RIM and REPLACED my Blackberry Desktop MANAGER which had an IP Modem option for tethering (I was a successful AT&T user who was able to change 'false' to 'true' and use my BB accordingly) I can no longer find the IP Modem option for tethering! DID RIM in fact change the Manager to Software and wipe out this option!!??
    08-30-10 04:22 PM
    No, RIM isn't that mean. On the bottom left corner of the Destop Software, you should be able to click Mobile Internet to access the IP modem function of your device. But first go into the Tools drop-down menu at the top and select mobile internet settings to configure it to make sure everything is in order.

Happy tethering.
    08-30-10 05:27 PM
    To smlj0084: the only tab along the bottom is "Disconnected" on the right side corner; and Tools pull down only only has Desktop Options and Refresh iTunes album art....this interface Blackberry Desktop Software is totally different from the last time (only about a month ago) I launched it to use my IP Modem option. Was there a recent upgrade to this? It must have been an auto upgrade as I don't recall allowing it (although I could have). Tks for your help.
    08-31-10 06:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD