I was on CNN Money this morning to check to see how the market is going and this one of the headlines. Very interesting article about how the CEO of VZW is under pressure to boost phone subsidies as AT&T scores early success with the new IPhone.

The link is: Verizon under pressure as iPhone takes off - Jul. 16, 2008

So what is your thoughts?
    07-16-08 10:10 AM
    I heard about this on MSNBC this morning and immediately called my friends who work for verizon on 3way and laughed. Alot of people say that Verizon has great service and they are the best customer service wise etc. But their plans are somewhat pricy still in normal range of a price plan, but their device selection is horrible. Just my views!
    07-16-08 10:17 AM
    AT&T is almost just as pricey as Verizon. The only thing that AT&T kills Verizon in is their phone selection for sure. The phone selection and they don't have crippled phones.
    07-16-08 10:27 AM
    Those opinions (VZW has best network, better than most customer service, crappy selection and crippled phones) are held pretty much universally among people who care about these things. Like me.

The only point of debate is really one of personal opinion: what matters to you? Some folks live, work, and travel in areas where coverage is fine on just about any carrier. For them, device choice is a bigger issue. Personally, my need to be reachable both at home and in the central and northern parts of New Hampshire makes device choice almost a luxury and network practically the only issue. Until AT&T's coverage improves, or until Verizon's network is open and allowing hardware vendors to offer whatever kind of devices they want, Verizon has me in their clutches.
    07-16-08 10:32 AM
    VZW. - same here, same reason.
    07-16-08 10:39 AM
    Those opinions (VZW has best network, better than most customer service, crappy selection and crippled phones) are held pretty much universally among people who care about these things. Like me.

The only point of debate is really one of personal opinion: what matters to you? Some folks live, work, and travel in areas where coverage is fine on just about any carrier. For them, device choice is a bigger issue. Personally, my need to be reachable both at home and in the central and northern parts of New Hampshire makes device choice almost a luxury and network practically the only issue. Until AT&T's coverage improves, or until Verizon's network is open and allowing hardware vendors to offer whatever kind of devices they want, Verizon has me in their clutches.
    Here is what gets me everyone says coverage, coverage, coverage. I have been alot of places, and never once not had coverage for more than seconds. If anyone has this information on hand let me know. When verizon custs are roaming who are the selected carriers they roam with? I know with ATT we roam off of tmobile and other carriers so I never not have service. Is Verizon the same?
    07-16-08 10:51 AM
    Only place I would like to have Verizon service is at the in-laws place. Other than that T-mobile service is more than adequate for me. Plus the in-laws have Wi-fi so UMA is beautiful for me
    07-16-08 11:06 AM
    That's a pretty compelling article. If all of that info is accurate, I hope the thunder will reverse that "debt:" The only knock I have on ATT is the call quality. I have 2 friends that have ATT and whenever I speak with them it always sounds like they are in a cave...Hellooooooo
    07-16-08 11:21 AM
    That's a pretty compelling article. If all of that info is accurate, I hope the thunder will reverse that "debt:" The only knock I have on ATT is the call quality. I have 2 friends that have ATT and whenever I speak with them it always sounds like they are in a cave...Hellooooooo
    I dont believe you. LMAO
    07-16-08 12:23 PM
    Verizon has better service/call quality by far. I didn't realize how big the gap was until I switched to AT&T for the curve when it released last year. I find myself without service in many areas with AT&T, a problem I rarely had on Verizon. Verizon has ****ty phones though which was the reason that I switched.
    07-16-08 12:34 PM
    Im glad Verizon is going the way of LTE in the near future, CDMA is just simply not an option for me so with another GSM based carrier coming to the US in the form of Verizon migrating from CDMA it creates another option for me over ATT and Tmobile, so we'll see, maybe in a couple years it will be something I am interested in. Hopefully Sprint will also do the right thing and with the world becoming a more and more global economy they will fall in line with LTE also.
    07-16-08 02:36 PM
    The best offense is a good defense.

The BOLD and the THUNDER are two STRONG moves that are keeping blackberry on pace, and arguably ahead of pace, with ANY/ALL competitors.

BlackBerry demand should soar as new consumers (touchscreen, flip phone) are attracted. But, what will the aggregate mobile market do is a bigger issue IMO.
    07-16-08 04:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD