I am curious about HSPA+. Perhaps those of you that are already in cities where HSPA+ has been rolled out can answer my questions.

I have read that the 9700 is compatible with T-Mobile's HSPA+ being rolled out in 50 US cities before year end. My question is how will I know if my phone is in HSPA+ mode? Will there be a change or difference in the 3G icon on the screen? Are the current OS's (like 5.0.0.862) compatible with HSPA+ or will and OS upgrade or patch be necessary?

I'd appreciate any of your observations, thoughts or comments on this.

Thank you.
    08-30-10 12:06 PM
    There are no new emblems that you will notice.

and the hardwear of the 9700 cannot handle the HSPA+ speeds that t-mobile is throwing out there. So you will still be extremely limited on your speeds.

and if you are wanting to check and see where HSPA+ has been deployed in your calling area, call t-mobile and/or visit their web site.

I'm getting anywhere from 2.5Mbps - 3.2Mbps download on my MyTouch, and the HTC G2 will be able to get up to 14.xMbps download

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-10 12:27 PM
    there is no HSPA+ on the 9700. as of now the G2 will be the only HSPA+ compatible phone on t-mo, when it comes out.
    08-30-10 12:32 PM
    I am curious about HSPA+. Perhaps those of you that are already in cities where HSPA+ has been rolled out can answer my questions.

I have read that the 9700 is compatible with T-Mobile's HSPA+ being rolled out in 50 US cities before year end. My question is how will I know if my phone is in HSPA+ mode? Will there be a change or difference in the 3G icon on the screen? Are the current OS's (like 5.0.0.862) compatible with HSPA+ or will and OS upgrade or patch be necessary?

I'd appreciate any of your observations, thoughts or comments on this.

Thank you.
    There are no current Blackberrys that are HSPA+ compatable. You will notice a boost in speed when HSPA+ comes to your area, but you will not be able to take advantage of the HSPA+ speeds.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-10 12:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD