My tour likes to just stop working every once in a while.

Case in point: on long drives through the country, i'll be listening to pandora for 4 hours straight then all of a sudden it will stop loading. then i'll notice that teh web browser wont load websites, ubertwitter wont load, facebook wont load, etc etc. The only thing that makes everything work again is to do a battery pull...but of course this gets old.

Anyone know what the problem is here or anything? I feel like maybe i'm using "too much data at one time" but in all honestly I dont think that's right.

Any input would be appreciated.
    08-29-10 11:09 PM
    Hey!

Do you ever lose coverage while driving? Your tour and all blackberries need a constant data connection, or non at all. Next time you lose data again, you could try going to Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table>Menu>Register Now and see if that fixes your problem. Does your phone get warm while playing that much Pandora?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-10 12:15 AM
    yes it's usually when im driving and using a lot of data
    then out of nowhere it'll just stop sending and receiving data

you would think it's because i drove through a dead zone however a simple battery pull shows that the area is fine and it's the phone that is causing the problems

yes, it does get a little hot
    08-30-10 04:37 PM
    Well then, I would imagine your phone just freaks out from time to time. I have never had an issue while running pandora for that long. Is your OS up to date? Do you have enough memory?

I would try and reregister the device next time it starts to act up. Maybe that will save you from doing a battery pull. Also, make sure and keep programs closed - that you are not using at the time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-10 06:38 PM
    I have this problem a few times per week at work. I have poor signal at my desk. Sometimes I can stream music for a few hours, other times it will drop data when it's just sitting idle.
    The telltale sign is lowercase 1xev (no connection to RIM servers). But sometimes it is still capital 1XEV. BBM messages do not deliver, browser never loads a page, etc.

Registering in the Host Routing table does not work because there is no data connection to recieve it. Power off and on with the end call button doesn't work either.
    If anyone knows a way to reconnect other than a battery pull or alt-shift-del reset, I'd love to know.
    08-31-10 02:10 PM
    glad i'm not the only one with this problem.

is there an easier way to reboot without doing a battery pull, btw?
    09-01-10 02:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD