The droid x seems to be the phone with the best of everything. VZN, 4.3,HD... Do you think is the best android phone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-10 10:43 AM
    I think so...
    08-29-10 11:25 AM
    At the moment, yes I think it's the best Android Verizon has to offer.
    08-29-10 11:34 AM
    For verizon? Yea. Period? No.
    08-29-10 11:37 AM
    At the moment, yes I think it's the best Android Verizon has to offer.
    For verizon? Yea. Period? No.
    What is currently out that you consider better. Remember that droid x just was rated as best battery out of all high end android devices currently out. So I am curious from a pure spec standpoint what you feel is superior. 1GHZ processor check, 512mb ram check, 4.3" screen check, best battery check, 8gb internal with 16gb card check, 8MP camera with 720hd video check, hdmi out that is going to be available for all apps to use in a few days etc. I just dont see anything out right now on any carrier that is close as the total package. The galaxy s phones have great screens but crappy battery life, the evo and dinc also have some what crappy battery life compared to the moto devices.
    Last edited by theanswer3; 08-29-10 at 11:49 AM.
    08-29-10 11:45 AM
    Every Galaxy S I've sold has done just fine on battery. No issues. A better screen, better processor/GPU, 720P HD Video, the cameras are almost indistinguishable in PQ, 16GB's built in.
    08-29-10 11:53 AM
    Galaxy S phones are only 5mp which is fine but I think the cameras are so-so quality and not even 720p hd video the galaxy s phones have dvd quality which is noticeable. In addition the tmo and att versions don't even have a flash.
    but here is laptopmag.com chart showing what androids have the best battery life. As you can see there is a substantial difference. not just a little bit but very noticeable.
    here is the article if you would like to give it a look..Android Battery Test Reveals Droid X Lasts Longest, AMOLED Handsets Trail
    Last edited by theanswer3; 08-29-10 at 12:11 PM.
    08-29-10 12:02 PM
    For using on vzw I'd say it is a tie between the dx and the incredible browser speedwise , as far as featurewise you might want to compair in the store.
    The dx does have the bigger screen , but the incredible for me is easier to carry around in my pocket, I have them both , I like them both . Once the incredible gets froyo (which it is being pushed now , and over the next few days) it will have 720 recording and the wifi hotspot too , as well as some added features and minor bug fixes .(maintance update included in with the froyo update)
    08-29-10 12:17 PM
    Galaxy S phones are only 5mp which is fine but I think the cameras are so-so quality and not even 720p hd video the galaxy s phones have dvd quality which is noticeable. In addition the tmo and att versions don't even have a flash.
    but here is laptopmag.com chart showing what androids have the best battery life. As you can see there is a substantial difference. not just a little bit but very noticeable.
    here is the article if you would like to give it a look..Android Battery Test Reveals Droid X Lasts Longest, AMOLED Handsets Trail
    No, it records 1280X720 video. 720P. Period.

MP ratings have ZERO effect on overall picture quality, only the ability to "blow up" a picture.

Battery life is realitive. My demo gets used CONSTANTLY and it lasts for two days easy. All my customers are making it through ther day without issue.
    08-29-10 12:22 PM
    And that is the stock battery, you can get a Moto extended battery that is around 1900 mAh, that lasts even longer.
    08-29-10 12:25 PM
    DX. The device has incredible battery life. The screen is huge, gorgeous, HD quality, and has one of the highest resolutions on a smartphone currently. Also, the screen is visible in sunlight, with ease. I like the feel of the device, Moto build quality is great. 3 dedicated mics is very nice. Sound quality in recordings is great and so is call quality. 720p recording is crisp and clear and looks great on my Bravia. The pictures come in very nicely as well, especially if you know how to change settings to adjust it to your current situation. Wireless N is also very nice to able to use.

DX is the best device I have ever owned. I loved my Droid, and this thing just blows it out of the water.
    08-29-10 12:26 PM
    For using on vzw I'd say it is a tie between the dx and the incredible browser speedwise , as far as featurewise you might want to compair in the store.
    The dx does have the bigger screen , but the incredible for me is easier to carry around in my pocket, I have them both , I like them both . Once the incredible gets froyo (which it is being pushed now , and over the next few days) it will have 720 recording and the wifi hotspot too , as well as some added features and minor bug fixes .(maintance update included in with the froyo update)
    I tried the Inc before I decided on the DX. The biggest issue for me was the plasticy feel. It doesn't feel like a high end device, IMO. If they would have used metal instead of plastic, it would have been fantastic.

And I wish they'd dump the amoled screen, it kills the battery (the battery sucks in them anyway, low mAh) and it's pretty much useless outside.

But I will say that Sense > Motoblur, by a LOT.
    08-29-10 12:29 PM
    DX. The device has incredible battery life. The screen is huge, gorgeous, HD quality, and has one of the highest resolutions on a smartphone currently. Also, the screen is visible in sunlight, with ease. I like the feel of the device, Moto build quality is great. 3 dedicated mics is very nice. Sound quality in recordings is great and so is call quality. 720p recording is crisp and clear and looks great on my Bravia. The pictures come in very nicely as well, especially if you know how to change settings to adjust it to your current situation. Wireless N is also very nice to able to use.

DX is the best device I have ever owned. I loved my Droid, and this thing just blows it out of the water.
    I forgot about the little things you mentioned here. The 3 mics is huge as well as the Wireless N, and screen easily viewable in sunlight forgot about those. The little things add to the total overall package. Oh and the DX has a mechanical shutter instead of a software based one.

MP ratings have ZERO effect on overall picture quality, only the ability to "blow up" a picture.
    Agreed, I was saying that when I did side by side comparison of the DX 8mp and the vibrant and captivate 5mp cameras, the dx 8mp took a better picture. Not talking about picture size I was referring to picture quality.
    Last edited by theanswer3; 08-29-10 at 12:41 PM.
    08-29-10 12:35 PM
    I forgot about the little things you mentioned here. The 3 mics is huge as well as the Wireless N, and screen easily viewable in sunlight forgot about those. The little things add to the total overall package.
    Yea. The DX has superior audio quality. Several Android devices support wireless n right now also. But I like the DX's overall package the best. Even if it has a locked bootloader. I loaded custom ROMs all the time on my Droid, and thought I would hate the DX for being locked down. That hasn't hurt my opinion on this device at all, because it is ridiculously good without ROMs.

Also, the DX has built in battery management which is really nice.
    08-29-10 12:39 PM
    Feature wise, I think the htc EVO 4G, Samsung Galaxy S series (Epic 4G, Vibrant & Captivate), Sony Ericsson Experia, Moto Droid X, htc Desire, htc Nexus One & htc Incredible are the heavyweights nowadays...with the Moto Droid1/Droid2, htc Aria, htc Legend, & Moto Milestone being the light heavyweights.

Obviously the Droid X has great battery life out of the box, but I'm not sure if that qualifies it as "the best Android". Droid X is pretty damn awesome though.
    08-29-10 12:52 PM
    This a highly objective question. Over at XDA forum there is a picture thread for the Vibrant that have some really awesome pictures. Some of the panorama shots are great. I have only owned the Captivate and I am truly happy with it. I bet when the fascinate comes out there will be a lot of people looking at it, as well as saying it is much better then the Dx. It is hard to say if the Dx is the best because there are so many types of phones, so what is the best for one person is crap for the next.
    08-29-10 01:10 PM
    This a highly objective question. Over at XDA forum there is a picture thread for the Vibrant that have some really awesome pictures. Some of the panorama shots are great. I have only owned the Captivate and I am truly happy with it. I bet when the fascinate comes out there will be a lot of people looking at it, as well as saying it is much better then the Dx. It is hard to say if the Dx is the best because there are so many types of phones, so what is the best for one person is crap for the next.
    Exactly it is all preference. All smartphones may be crap to someone who prefers a RAZR.
    08-29-10 01:14 PM

Agreed, I was saying that when I did side by side comparison of the DX 8mp and the vibrant and captivate 5mp cameras, the dx 8mp took a better picture. Not talking about picture size I was referring to picture quality.
    I like how you skipped over the fact that you were wrong. Smooth.

I've seen side-by-sides of both, hardly any distinguishable difference at all.
    08-29-10 01:53 PM
    Highly subjective question. Biased answers are expected. Many blogs and online reviews say the incredible is, many say the x is. CNET has the incredible as the editors choice for Verizon phones over the x. Engadget likes the x over the incredible, I think. Really comes down to what the user wants.
    08-29-10 02:29 PM
    Exactly it is all preference. All smartphones may be crap to someone who prefers a RAZR.
    Give you droid people some credit! Too many phones to choice from lol!
    08-29-10 02:35 PM
    Give you droid people some credit! Too many phones to choice from lol!
    The options are great. You are more likely to find a device that fits your preferences perfectly.
    08-29-10 02:36 PM
    That is what is great about the Android OS. I would rather have that many options with phones and how they run the OS then be unsatisfied because of RIM/Apple not doing enough for changes.
    08-29-10 04:40 PM
    There are definitely a lot of choices with Android.
    08-29-10 04:49 PM
    hardware- DX

software/UI - HTC
    08-29-10 11:21 PM
    So then root your X and then put the SenseUI ROM on it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-10 11:35 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD