I am a blackberry user and I am thinking of going to android and I am wondering should I get the Epic or the evo

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-10 02:55 PM
    3 questions 1. Do you currently use a keyboard or touch screen. 2. Do you do alot of gaming? 3. Do you know the ui well for those 2 phones.
    08-28-10 03:01 PM
    3 questions 1. Do you currently use a keyboard or touch screen. 2. Do you do alot of gaming? 3. Do you know the ui well for those 2 phones.
    Right now I have keyboard , gaming isn't a big issue and I am familier with them both also does one have a better browser than the other ?

08-28-10 05:03 PM
    The evo has a better browser because its on 2.2 while samsungis on 2.1. If I was you I would get the evo because its a better ui than samsung touchwiz, its already on official froyo, and it looks better. But your going to have a tuff time finding a evo so I would call your local radioshack bestbuy or sprint to see if they have them.
    08-28-10 07:17 PM
    I'd get the Epic, better specs, although I would not want the keyboard. I'm sure it is going to get great support from the hacking community as well.
    08-28-10 07:25 PM
    I know the epic costs more I wouldn't suppose there's a reason for this

08-28-10 07:41 PM
    EVO FTW lmfao in my opinion HTC is more reliable than samsung
    08-28-10 08:16 PM
    So the whole samsung galaxy thing is overrated huh

08-28-10 08:46 PM
    So the whole samsung galaxy thing is overrated huh

The Galaxy S line has the best specs out of any Android device available right now. It is not overrated. The Epic has killer ratings. Everything about the device is an upgrade besides the screen being a little smaller, but some consider SAMOLED screens to be better. Also most people will prefer Sense UI instead of TouchWiz, but that is easily avoided with Launcher Pro, or rooting and loading a custom ROM.

Technically speaking, the Epic is better (going by specs alone). But that shouldn't make the decision. You need to like the phone.
    08-28-10 08:52 PM
    I guess ill try the epic, does anyone here have a galaxy phone

08-28-10 09:58 PM
    I have both, and I honestly prefer the Epic. I think the screen is better, and I really like having a physical keyboard. I'm sure it will be getting Froyo soon, so don't let that be a concern.
    08-28-10 10:09 PM
    could you have a vanilla rom for the galaxy s phones???
    08-28-10 10:20 PM
    could you have a vanilla rom for the galaxy s phones???
    Yes. You can have a vanilla ROM for every Android device. Someone just has to make it.
    08-28-10 10:43 PM
    Yes. You can have a vanilla ROM for every Android device. Someone just has to make it.
    not to sound off topic guys lol but my friend next to me is getting the captivate but he wants vanilla so i just asked lol
    08-28-10 10:44 PM
    not to sound off topic guys lol but my friend next to me is getting the captivate but he wants vanilla so i just asked lol
    I'm not sure about the Captivate, but I believe the Vibrant does. I know the Vibrant is receiving much more development love than the Captivate.
    08-28-10 10:48 PM
    HTC evo is back in stock today at sprint
    08-30-10 04:04 PM
    physical keyboard versus touch only

htc sense versus samsung touch wiz

those two factors will be right at the top of any consideration..

oh and one more thing altho i'm unclear if this is true for the epic like it is on the captivate/vibrant.. no led notifications. considering most if not all of us here on crackberry are very used to this feature in our smartphones.. it's something to consider if the epic also does not have the led notification. the evo does.
    09-01-10 05:49 PM
    The Epic does have an LED notification light.
    09-02-10 01:53 AM
    I'm in the same boat, using BB now, have been for a long time. Nothing against them, am switching to Sprint in the next few days. So its either the Evo or the Epic. Wasn't pumped about a slide out keyboard, but once I used the phone in the store, I am really impressed with the phone.

09-02-10 07:02 AM
    I was a BB faithful as well. I tried the EVO for 3 weeks, but I just couldn't get use to the full time touchscreen. Epic gives you the real keyboard as a option. NICE.
    09-02-10 09:21 AM
    I was a BB faithful as well. I tried the EVO for 3 weeks, but I just couldn't get use to the full time touchscreen. Epic gives you the real keyboard as a option. NICE.
    Such may be proven wrong but given Samsung's history of NOT making quality hardware in both design and functionalty, the keyboard on the Epic is it's weakest link. Coming from 6 years as a BB user and BES admin, I'm having little problem adapting to the touch screen on the EVO and the voice to text kicks b u t t !! (but people think I have lost it when they over hear me talking to my EVO around the cublicle walls)!

I went with a 2nd EVO due to Sansung's reputation as a less than good phone maker.
    Last edited by eBoyDog; 09-02-10 at 02:38 PM.
    09-02-10 02:17 PM
    ditto, never liked Samsung phones. I prefer HTC's more quality hardware.
    09-02-10 04:18 PM
    I guess ill try the epic, does anyone here have a galaxy phone

Yes.

Best phone I have ever, ever owned. Having owned Samsung previously, you can't even compare the build quality. This thing is solid. Samsung has come a LONG way.

Honestly this phone is the bees knees...and typing on it? SO easy - their on screen keyboard is leaps and bounds better than my iPod Touch or my Storm. I can fly on it after only a week.
    Last edited by reeneebob; 09-02-10 at 07:19 PM.
    09-02-10 07:17 PM
    Started with EVO gave Epic a try now back to EVO

Epic is a great device if your into Gaming , eye bleeding screen & need a physical keyboard.
    Everything Else EVO does better.

Ive found battery life & performance on my new EVO to blow my 1st , 2nd , 3rd EVO & Epic away.
    I'm thinking that HTC made some sort of hardware change..better chip...maybe their loading of 2.2 out of the box is making difference I'm not really sure but very happy with outcome
    09-05-10 01:30 PM
    Tomorrow is the day. Just sold one of my BB's, so I am going to get either one of these phones. We'll see what happens

09-05-10 07:07 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD