Jumped ship from the 9700 to the iphone4, got caught up in all the hoop-la. It was fun to use for about a week but its pretty terrible at actually being a phone. Back to the 9700 and feel 100% more connected, should have never left! bbm has ruined me from ever using another phone
    08-28-10 02:50 PM
    iPod touch and bb combo FTW

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-10 03:13 PM
    I have never used BBM, but I love my BlackBerry for the keyboard and the true multitasking. As soon as OS6 comes out, I will have the perfect phone.

08-28-10 03:29 PM
    I wud not even get iphone even if someone pays me to use it. They are just overly hype piece of regular technology which was out centuries ago. Like cmon when apple came out first after 2 years copy-paste came in? And ppl were like WWOWWWWWWW. So from this you can see how behind they are. Touch screen and doing 'cool' things on fone. Doesn't make it the most efficient phone.

I am happy with my 9700

P.s I can actually feel the keys :d

08-28-10 03:40 PM
    It's marketed well for sure, and it is a good looking device that does a lot well like music and the web but it sucked for communicating which is the primary reason you get a phone. BB + ipod touch combo looks like the way to go haha
    08-28-10 05:05 PM
    I just use both. When I feel like using one or the other I just switch sim cards. Simple
    as that.
    08-28-10 05:34 PM
    It's marketed well for sure, and it is a good looking device that does a lot well like music and the web but it sucked for communicating which is the primary reason you get a phone. BB + ipod touch combo looks like the way to go haha
    Watch out for the iTouch. We had to replace my Son's 4 times while it was under warranty - earphone jack's post kept breaking. Then when it did it again after the warranty ran out they told us they don't repair their $300 plus machines!! The only option they gave us was to buy a reconditioned touch . Seriously? I found a company on-line who fixed it cheap - and they didn't act like they were doing us a favor and we didn't need an appointment, and they guaranteed their work . I know some will say my kid was doing it, and it's all his fault. All I can say is I never saw him mistreat it, and it's gone 3 times as long with the aftermarket part. I do believe we're going with a Zune next time.
    Last edited by exelant; 08-28-10 at 06:05 PM.
    08-28-10 05:54 PM
    I wud not even get iphone even if someone pays me to use it. They are just overly hype piece of regular technology which was out centuries ago. Like cmon when apple came out first after 2 years copy-paste came in? And ppl were like WWOWWWWWWW. So from this you can see how behind they are. Touch screen and doing 'cool' things on fone. Doesn't make it the most efficient phone.

I am happy with my 9700

So your telling me that blackberry has better technology than the iphone, I think you just contradicted yourself. In speaking of outdated technology, I think you got blackberry and iphone mixed up.
    08-28-10 07:01 PM
    the iphone is a good device but its more based on people that wants to be "in" than people that are business minded
    08-28-10 07:27 PM
    Read my signature
    08-28-10 07:40 PM
    The iPhone still don't have true multi-tasking. It is nothing but a brilliant marketing scheme to sell those hot crapcakes...

Yes, they look nice, do media well, browse the web fast, but as an actual phone and communication device it pales in comparison to BB, which has had true multi-tasking forever!

Oh and the iPhone has a lot off good apps....if you are really that bored, lol!

08-29-10 08:06 AM
    i'm using a Torch and an ipad..
    you can also do a 9700 and the ipod touch..
    with the ipad and the ipod touch.. i don't understand why people would compromise their "phone " experience for apps..
    just my 2 cents
    08-29-10 08:16 AM
    I have iPhobia. For one, steve jobs is patenting traiterware, aka ispyware. Google it. EFF was pissed when they found out...

Do you want to be spied on by apple? Hmmm...

I'm fine with my 9700 and it's replaceable battery and memory card.

08-29-10 08:38 AM
    I know somewhere I'm beating the bush but oh well, ya'll do know that you can use an iTouch (unless they updated it so you can't) as a phone and save $500 a year or so.

My half cent...

Thnx, �Tripster�

08-29-10 08:45 AM
    iPod touch and bb combo FTW

Sounds great. I would've bought an iPod touch by now, if I didn't hate Steve Jobs and Apple in general. While I can't argue with the fact they make a helluva mp3 player, I've also vowed that Apple wouldn't see anymore of my money.

I have never used BBM, but I love my BlackBerry for the keyboard and the true multitasking. As soon as OS6 comes out, I will have the perfect phone.

Ditto. The only thing I felt my 9700 lacked was the web browsing (provided natively). I reeally look forward to the webkit, like everyone else lol
    08-29-10 08:57 AM
    I agree. My wife and rest of the families own iphones. Nothing beats my bold 9700 for multitasking and messaging! Just hope RIM to increase the 5MB email limit and bring out the next gen 9700 with the hybrid touch screen

Jumped ship from the 9700 to the iphone4, got caught up in all the hoop-la. It was fun to use for about a week but its pretty terrible at actually being a phone. Back to the 9700 and feel 100% more connected, should have never left! bbm has ruined me from ever using another phone
    08-29-10 09:03 AM
    nothing worse than getting an email 2 hours late with the iphone, than right now with the BB
    08-29-10 12:50 PM

I am happy with my 9700

lol what a true fanboy here, I own both devices and I must say feature-wise, blackberries ain't got nothing on iPhones. the only thing that keeps me a BB user is simply BBM/ QWERTY keyboard...and the delays with emails and such, I get that with BB as well. Let's face it iPhone takes the icing on the cake easily when compared to BB. So to take it to the extreme and say you wouldn't even use an iPhone even if someone pays you...come on...you would be stupid not to take the offer!
    08-29-10 02:06 PM
    lol what a true fanboy here, I own both devices and I must say feature-wise, blackberries ain't got nothing on iPhones. the only thing that keeps me a BB user is simply BBM/ QWERTY keyboard...and the delays with emails and such, I get that with BB as well. Let's face it iPhone takes the icing on the cake easily when compared to BB. So to take it to the extreme and say you wouldn't even use an iPhone even if someone pays you...come on...you would be stupid not to take the offer!

for sure iphone can do a bit more than blackberry as far as entertainment and applications are concerned. In my books. Iphones & Bb are not a match.

Bb are more for daily business / a bit of entertainment use.. where as iphone is purely catered towards entertainment and other cool things.

We can compare iphone and android.. But as i said under my books i like blackberry better due to the keyboard / bbm / instant email and stuff. I actually used iphone 3G but never liked it ! this was before getting into BB.. when i got bb i just loved it the feel of it, the keyboard , emails, bbm . I would say BB is doing really great in its target market. I doubt if it they go out and make a similar device like iphone and other powerful gadgets out there.

That was my take on it.
    08-29-10 02:37 PM
    I wud not even get iphone even if someone pays me to use it. They are just overly hype piece of regular technology which was out centuries ago.
    You're saying that about an iPhone while you're defending a Blackberry?
    08-29-10 02:45 PM
    I use my iPhone as much "oh wow this is so fun phone" (personal number) and my blackberry as my "Holy crap I have a lot of work to do and this device is going to help me do it phone" (work phone).

Best of both worlds.. iPhone for games.. Berry for messaging..
    08-29-10 02:55 PM
    nothing worse than getting an email 2 hours late with the iphone, than right now with the BB
    If you setup your gmail account as an exchange account, you get emails instantly through PUSH.

Even if you don't use an exchange account or PUSH, you can set Fetch to 15 minute intervals.

I'm not sure how you get emails 2 hours after the fact.
    08-29-10 03:26 PM
    Used an iPhone 4 for two months, sold it on eBay this morning and am now bidding on another 9700.

I went from a Curve 8900 --> Bold 9000. Tried a mythic, a backflip, a samsung jack, came back to a 9700. Tried an iPhone, coming back to BB.

It's an addiction. I love it.
    08-29-10 05:27 PM
    If you say, you just dont like the iPhone because of touchscreen or any other personal preferences, I am fine with that. But...

Just because iPhone has WAY to many entertaining apps, while Blackberry has little, it makes iPhone as childish phone!?!? To be perfectly honest, a business phone should be as efficient as possible. Blackberries literally has no rams, lags QUITE a bit if not very dam often...certainly does not seem very efficient to me...But like I always say, I can put these flaws all aside just for BBM, seriously I CAN!

You can only say iPhone sucks because you dont like it or it is just not your cup of tea. But technically speaking, iPhone is a better phone in today's technology!

So tell me, can someone please define what is a business-liked phone?
    08-29-10 07:01 PM
    i'm using a Torch and an ipad..
    you can also do a 9700 and the ipod touch..
    with the ipad and the ipod touch.. i don't understand why people would compromise their "phone " experience for apps..
    just my 2 cents
    I holster both Ipod Touch and a 9700, they both have their place for my daily usage. The Iphone's are good devices, really in the end it's just what your preference is and usage involves.

"I don't understand why people would compromise their phone experience ofr apps..." Some people just want one device where they can do both, the phone is not that bad, ppl are just use to their Blackberrys, avid Iphone users will say why not have an all in one device.. blah blah blah... No point in bashing one or the other, it's a never ending battle like arguing about the toilet seat thing with your wife or gf.
    08-29-10 07:36 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD