I have installed the free version of Uber Twitter 8 and pleased with the options and interface.

However, the upgrade inserted a new menu item ("Uber Tweet") and I have no need for this option. It's simply cluttering up my pop-up menu.

The UberTwitter set-up does not appear to have the option of removing this menu entry, and I haven't found any instructions on how to remove items from the menu in the forums, either in general, or specific to UberTwitter.

Anyone have an idea of how to do this?
    08-28-10 01:42 PM
    as far as im aware there is no way to remove it
    08-28-10 02:18 PM
    as far as im aware there is no way to remove it
    +1

I don't think it can be removed, and I agree with you, its really annoying. When your in the native BB browser and hit the pop up menu, it shows ubertweet, AND send to ubertwitter, which really ticks me off. However, I'm a big fan of ubertwitter, so like anything I'll just live with it and take the good with the bad
    08-28-10 02:32 PM
    It would be nice if you could somehow block specific third party apps from adding something to the menu. I'd block Zonasnap, as I always use quicklaunch to activate it anyway.
    08-28-10 05:37 PM
    You can try seeing if the developer can add an option not to show the menu item. While in UberTwitter, press menu and select Feedback. This will start an email where you can ask questions, make suggestions and report other issues.
    08-29-10 07:06 PM
    Well this seals ubertwitter's fate on my phone
    10-11-10 09:16 AM
    yep. hate when apps don't give you the option to toggle whether they put more choices in the already clogged up bb menu
    10-11-10 10:23 AM
    Send feedback to the guys at UT. They are very responsive and listen to every suggestion. Not a single one I've sent has gone ignored.
    10-11-10 10:50 AM
    I've also put on twitter I would also like an option to disable the 'Uber Tweet' from the menu.
    10-11-10 12:34 PM
    Send feedback to the guys at UT. They are very responsive and listen to every suggestion. Not a single one I've sent has gone ignored.
    Wow, you're not kidding. They are pretty darn responsive with feedback..

10-11-10 03:45 PM
    Hopefully this will get implemented soon.
    10-11-10 03:46 PM
    Customer service is a big deal in my book.
    10-11-10 05:30 PM
    they also emailed me letting me know push mentions are on their way too!
    10-11-10 07:19 PM
    Just pushed mentions or push for all tweets (replies, mentions, DMs, new tweets, etc.)?

I'll take what I can get.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-10 06:26 AM
    *I registered just to post this for you guys

so I've been bugged by this "feature" but then decided to move on with life. Couple of days ago I casually asked a friend about it and he nonchalantly let me know how to remove it

Options > applications > ubertwitter > edit permissions > (bbbutton:expand) interactions > cross application communication > "DENY" > save.

THAT'S IT! Please thank if you find this useful!
    marcopcr likes this.
    01-14-11 09:00 AM
    Would love it for them to add that as an option. Hopefully it comes soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-11 09:52 PM
    *I registered just to post this for you guys

so I've been bugged by this "feature" but then decided to move on with life. Couple of days ago I casually asked a friend about it and he nonchalantly let me know how to remove it

Options > applications > ubertwitter > edit permissions > (bbbutton:expand) interactions > cross application communication > "DENY" > save.

THAT'S IT! Please thank if you find this useful!
    Although it is Topic Bumping, I'd like to state that this Workaround actually Works Great!

Although it removes all Menu Options (like for instance the option to send a Picture to UberSocial), it really Cleares up my Menu's =).

Thanks!
    06-29-11 04:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD