I have 88mb of free application memory left on my storm 2 and im still looking for cool new apps is there a amount i should try and stop it going under
    08-28-10 07:49 AM
    IIRC, the phone will run smoothly with about 10mb free memory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-10 07:51 AM
    IIRC, the phone will run smoothly with about 10mb free memory.

although i do agree with that, when you start loading it down with useless applications and games the phone tends to get glitchy. I have about 48 applications and ~35 games, it runs good MOST of the time, but will have its occasional freak out. BTW I am running 713 with straight 9530 841 java shrunk, with about 65mb of games left and I have 58.2mb free
    08-28-10 08:12 AM
    although i do agree with that, when you start loading it down with useless applications and games the phone tends to get glitchy. I have about 48 applications and ~35 games, it runs good MOST of the time, but will have its occasional freak out. BTW I am running 713 with straight 9530 841 java shrunk, with about 65mb of games left and I have 58.2mb free
    My head just imploded.
    08-28-10 11:11 AM
    My head just imploded.
    it happens...

and 841 from 9500 not 9530...way too early, didnt have my coffee yet.
    08-28-10 11:51 AM
    wow i think i maybe should invest in a wee upgrade im running 553, and 65 games woowww dude u must never be bored haha
    08-29-10 11:45 AM
    Damn, you have more games then I do apps on my BB.
    08-29-10 06:19 PM
    I've seen it run pretty smoothly around 10 MB. I did a a wipe (well, DM 6 did a wipe... w/o my permission) and just didn't reinstall a bunch of games and themes I rarely used. I currently have over 60 MB so I'm pretty confident in its abilities right now.
    08-31-10 05:52 AM
    I went into the Verizon store yesterday and while I was waiting I was playing around with the S2 on display. I checked the app memory on it and it had 113mb free. I checked to see what apps were open and there were 11 running. Everything from the camera to vcast song id. It was running slower than my S1 which only had 32mb free. I think it has more to do with open apps and being rebooted every so often. Quickpull reboots my S1 everynight and I never have a problem with lag or lockups.

Not tryin to hijack the thread, but I don't like the S2 screen press as much as I do the S1. feels too soft.

09-02-10 08:15 PM
    That is one thing I miss on the s1. The screen press was constant. But on the s2, sometimes it soft and sometimes its harder to press.

09-03-10 12:38 AM
    yea ive noticed that about the storm 2 its inconsistent, like after bbming for a good few hours trying to browse the web the screen can sometimes feel spongy, my quick pull also reboots every night keeps my storm running niiice and smooth
    09-03-10 10:41 AM
    Sorry to jack but I have tried to set my quickpull to run automatically and it won't do it. What's the secret to getting it to do it. I am using the free version. Could this be the problem?
    yea ive noticed that about the storm 2 its inconsistent, like after bbming for a good few hours trying to browse the web the screen can sometimes feel spongy, my quick pull also reboots every night keeps my storm running niiice and smooth
    09-03-10 10:57 AM
    Sorry to jack but I have tried to set my quickpull to run automatically and it won't do it. What's the secret to getting it to do it. I am using the free version. Could this be the problem?

Thats odd i use the free version and it runs on its schedule all the, i know it sounds stupid but make sure u have the wee box ticked that says schedule enabled
    09-03-10 12:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD