I just got my blackberry tour and I'm new to the Blackberry world... What apps should I get and what are the good/bad apps????? Open to suggestions!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-10 11:36 PM
    Here's a list that PCWorld published a couple of days ago...
    The 12 Best BlackBerry Apps - PCWorld

"Bad Apps" lists are much more subjective than "Good Apps" lists since sometimes people's expectations are unrealistic and what is unacceptable to one user may not be an issue for another. You should always take advantage of free trials if they are available, before paying for an app that may not be exactly what you think it is.
    08-28-10 04:46 AM
    My most used apps are Quicklaunch, Berryweather, Poynt, Berrypopup, Scoremobile and Pandora. Also, don't forget the CB launcher.
    08-28-10 08:32 AM
    Poynt is handy. The Google apps, like Google Sync is handy if you're on BIS and use Google calendar.

Other recommendations will sort of depend on what else you're looking to do.

08-28-10 09:23 AM
    Anything for Navigation?
    08-28-10 11:32 AM
    Anything for Navigation?
    I use BBMaps and Google Maps. They are quite different, and complement each other. BBMaps is more of a navigation tool. It has the option to have maps rotate to show direction of travel up (Track up) or North up. It also has a dashboard that shows you your speed and the number of satellites being tracked. On the con side, its maps just don't look as nice as Google's and are not as detailed.

Google Maps is a more general-purpose mapping application. Its weaknesses are the opposites of BBMap's strengths: its maps are fixed North up and don't rotate, and it has no dashboard to show you your speed or the number of satellites being tracked. On the plus side, it has beautiful maps and a host of features that BBMaps does not: Street View, which shows an eye-level view of many street locations; Latitude, which lets you share your location with friends in real time, and public transit locations, such as the location of Metro stops in the Washington, DC area. And finally, Google Maps can approximate your location using only cell towers if you don't have a clear view of the sky. It's not as accurate as GPS, of course, but it's useful.

For voice turn-by-turn navigation, I use Garmin Mobile. Garmin Mobile, Telenav, and Verizon Navigator are all comparable and about the same price, $10/month.
    08-28-10 11:36 AM
    I use BBMaps and Google Maps. They are quite different, and complement each other. BBMaps is more of a navigation tool. It has the option to have maps rotate to show direction of travel up (Track up) or North up. It also has a dashboard that shows you your speed and the number of satellites being tracked. On the con side, its maps just don't look as nice as Google's and are not as detailed.

Google Maps is a more general-purpose mapping application. Its weaknesses are the opposites of BBMap's strengths: its maps are fixed North up and don't rotate, and it has no dashboard to show you your speed or the number of satellites being tracked. On the plus side, it has beautiful maps and a host of features that BBMaps does not: Street View, which shows an eye-level view of many street locations; Latitude, which lets you share your location with friends in real time, and public transit locations, such as the location of Metro stops in the Washington, DC area. And finally, Google Maps can approximate your location using only cell towers if you don't have a clear view of the sky. It's not as accurate as GPS, of course, but it's useful.

For voice turn-by-turn navigation, I use Garmin Mobile. Garmin Mobile, Telenav, and Verizon Navigator are all comparable and about the same price, $10/month.
    Awesome input..Much appreciated.
    08-28-10 01:03 PM
    App Lock is in theory a great app. I've tried the trial and it just does what it says. Only downside is that I paid the App twice and AppWorld wasn't able to DL it, cause of an error. It keeps saying 'purchase not found'. I emailed the developer but he refuses to write me back.

Damn PayPal! :@
    08-28-10 01:08 PM
    Anything for Navigation?
    I use Telmap Beta. It's free and works perfect. Don't know when the free beta will end, but it works like a charm.
    08-28-10 01:10 PM
    My most used apps are Quicklaunch, Berryweather, Poynt, Berrypopup, Scoremobile and Pandora. Also, don't forget the CB launcher.
    berrypopup and poynt is VERY useful!!!!
    08-29-10 11:58 PM
    where can i download google maps from? When i search it in app world it doesnt come up..any tips?
    09-02-10 12:36 PM
    I could tell you to google it...
    Google Mobile

09-02-10 12:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD