Has anyone gotten the OTA yet and if so what is different.. how is the text messaging? can some one post screen shots of the new stuff?
    08-27-10 10:38 PM
    Nope. Haven't received it yet. I'm hoping it comes soon though.
    08-28-10 05:01 AM
    Have you guys been checking for system updates in the settings?
    08-28-10 09:40 AM
    i thought it was supposed to be release yesterday?.maybe ur provider will know
    08-28-10 09:41 AM
    It's being rolled out in batches, so everyone will get it over the next two weeks.
    08-28-10 11:17 AM
    ^ yep. started rolling out yesterday. i wanted to have root access so i rooted then manually installed the update all at the same time. froyo has made a great device even better.
    08-28-10 02:09 PM
    Got my ota 2.2 update this morning. Not much significantly different. Can turn phone landscape the other way. Flashlight app. Bigger compact qwerty keys. Added bloatware. Sms widget. 720p video. Typing lag on the web.
    08-28-10 05:57 PM
    ^ yep. started rolling out yesterday. i wanted to have root access so i rooted then manually installed the update all at the same time. froyo has made a great device even better.
    Sorry to be off topic but would it be better to root then update? I want to root but haven't had any time to research before taking the plunge.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-10 07:02 PM
    Yea I've been checking but its doing no good. I'm just patiently waiting.
    08-28-10 07:22 PM
    what is bloatware? and dont we already have an sms widget? I want to know did we get the popup for texts like iphone has without using an app?
    08-28-10 07:57 PM
    what is bloatware? and dont we already have an sms widget? I want to know did we get the popup for texts like iphone has without using an app?
    Unless the Sense SMS app had this addition, Froyo in general will not add this feature.
    08-28-10 08:00 PM
    what do you mean the sense sms app had this addition? I have to use Handcent app to get the popup screen when im on another screen..
    08-28-10 08:23 PM
    what do you mean the sense sms app had this addition? I have to use Handcent app to get the popup screen when im on another screen..
    I said "unless" the Sense app has it. Meaning, if they added that feature to the Sense SMS app with Froyo, because Froyo in general does not add this feature to the stock SMS app.
    08-28-10 08:26 PM
    oh I get it.. so what are the diffences in the appearance of the phone not in functuality.. I hate to upgrade and then they change the layout ect...
    08-28-10 08:32 PM
    oh I get it.. so what are the diffences in the appearance of the phone not in functuality.. I hate to upgrade and then they change the layout ect...
    Sense is still Sense. Froyo is a major performance upgrade. You also get 720p video recording, Apps2SD and some other goodies. I don't think the UI was "changed".
    08-28-10 08:36 PM
    Sorry to be off topic but would it be better to root then update? I want to root but haven't had any time to research before taking the plunge.

Yes, it would be better to root before updating. Primary reason being that I don't think there is a way for people who weren't already rooted to get root after accepting the ota at this point in time. I'm sure froyo will get rooted at some point though, just no telling how long that will be.
    08-28-10 11:15 PM
    I'm starting to wonder if the 2.2 was really released.. I know that verizon website says it was but NO one I know has gotten it yet... I know people on the east coast and all the way to California and Im in the Middle so if they are rolling out in stages to certain parts first where did they start?
    08-29-10 06:35 AM
    ^ If you check around other forums there are people reporting and showing pictures of their update notification/install. There were also some comments from VZW support that the roll out would slow down over the weekend and then ramp back up starring Monday and through the rest of the week. Most people should probably get it next week.

The update file used to manually update new incredibles in the store to froyo has also been floating around out there for a days now.

Basically, it was definitely released and is already on it's way!
    08-29-10 08:49 AM
    I'm starting to wonder if the 2.2 was really released.. I know that verizon website says it was but NO one I know has gotten it yet... I know people on the east coast and all the way to California and Im in the Middle so if they are rolling out in stages to certain parts first where did they start?
    I work for VZW and if the Droid update was any indication, this update will start out rather slow and then pick up the pace over the course of a week to 1.5 weeks. (Last)Friday being the start, everyone is supposed to have it in about a week. I say this because I emailed one of our lead techs and they told me that they were starting out at 200,000 updates per day for the first day or two. They also did this when the Eris got 2.1 also. I suppose it's to gauge the call volume so they can correctly plan for overtime and such in the call centers and staffing at the stores.

The update is on its way out, you will have it within this week if there are no major issues that cause them to pause it.
    08-30-10 05:52 PM
    Yes, it would be better to root before updating. Primary reason being that I don't think there is a way for people who weren't already rooted to get root after accepting the ota at this point in time. I'm sure froyo will get rooted at some point though, just no telling how long that will be.
    rooting before official ota is only going to cause issues. its not an update its completely new software.
    08-31-10 12:00 AM
    rooting before official ota is only going to cause issues. its not an update its completely new software.
    that's not true. you can root, load custom recovery, set s-off, get superuser, then manually load the official froyo software update that vzw is using to update new phones in the store. i've done this to my phone as many others have over at xda or the androidforums. works great. the only drawback to doing it this way is that it completely wipes your phone, meaning it will be as if you just got a brand new incredible with nothing loaded on it. then you have to set it all up again.

why do you think this process is going to cause issues?
    08-31-10 10:04 AM
    I got froyo a couple hours ago from androidcentral. Is it me or the keyboard is a little bigger ?

08-31-10 05:12 PM
    I just manually installed 2.2, it was freaking easy!!

http://www.androidcentral.com/how-ma...credible-froyo
    09-01-10 02:49 AM
    Can I download to my phone or do I gotta download to the computer then to my phone?
    09-01-10 10:57 PM
    Download it to your computer, rename it and then copy it to your SD card.
    09-02-10 12:00 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD