I connected my bold this morning and wanted to delete some applications through DM so I went through the normal process and it seems like its taking an extremely long time to update my phone. I am on verizon, OS .732 and the update has been going on for about 3 hours so far. The DM screen says "updating applications" "Downloaded modules 257 of 410". Has it taken this long for anyone else? Did I do something wrong? I know I can't unplug my phone will this is updating but its driving me crazy not being able to use it for the past couple of hours and it seems like its still going to be a couple more before its finished. Thanks.
    08-27-10 12:43 PM
    It sounds as if you are wound up doing an OS upgrade or downgrade somehow. Rather than just removing some apps.

Did you see what it said it was going to do - sometimes Desktop Manager "offers" to remove a whole slew of apps or OS files. That's when I back out of DM and don't let it proceed.

Give it some more time and Good luck.
    08-27-10 12:57 PM
    Thanks, yeah I figured it was reloaded the OS or something b/c it was taking so long. Whenever I used to upgrade my OS on my old storm it only took 20-30 min max. I'm just curious as to why this one is taking so long, 3 1/2+ hours so far.
    08-27-10 12:59 PM
    Hmm that's way to long for either process. I am thinking it is nuked. No worries, just reload the OS again and this time it should take the normal 20 min.
    08-27-10 01:12 PM
    I thought it might be nuked too, but the downloaded modules number continues to go up. It was at 257 out of 410 when I started this thread and now its at 275.
    08-27-10 01:14 PM
    Last time I reloaded an OS it took forever, mainly because of restoring the data backup (mostly from the BBGroups file). Is that it maybe?
    08-27-10 02:46 PM
    No I don't think that's it either because it says it is downloading modules. Here is a screen shot to maybe give you some more info.
    08-27-10 02:58 PM
    08-27-10 02:59 PM
    Well, it seems to be making progress in that picture. So you can either let it run to completion and hope it actually works or pull the usb cord and reload the OS using some of the nuked-blackberry faq threads.
    08-27-10 03:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD