When I go to plug in my 3.5 jack from my car stereo to play mic from pandora / slacker, like I could with my 9700 the sound doesn't get sent to the stereo. Wierd thing is, when I use regular headphones, it works. Any idea why this is happening ? Thanks in advance for any replies.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-10 11:47 AM
    weird, i am thinking it is the cable.
    08-27-10 11:49 AM
    That's what I was thinking... Gonna try my old 9700 see if it works.. Then if it does, must be something with the phone settings maybe

08-27-10 11:51 AM
    There any settings in the phone for the headset jack ?

08-27-10 11:51 AM
    Here's the thing...if the phone is not recognizing a cable/headphones, music will get played through the speakers. Also, sometimes the connection recognition can be buggy. Plug the cable in and out several times until the "headset is recognized" you'll see that when you up or lower the volume the headset icon is right next to the volume meter.
    08-27-10 11:59 AM
    Yeah, it appears as if the cable is going bad. I tried my daughters old curve and it does the same thing... Are those commonly just plugged in to the rear of the stereo ? wonder if its worth trying to pull off the dash and replace the cable, or just buy a damn bluetooth device and run the sound through the radio.. : )
    08-27-10 12:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD