OK, Before I get yelled at -
    1) I did check for other threads
    2) I cannot spell or type.
    For my issue. I use my BB for everything, including mp3s, pandora, and Sirius. The head phone jack in the phone is broken. I am sure it is not cables or head phones. Does anyone know how difficult it is to replace the jack itself? I am streaming everything through bluetooth and it is rough on the battery. Thanks in advance for the help!
    08-27-10 11:11 AM
    I have had the same problem myself.

It started with the left one not working then when I put headphones in, it didn't change the output from device to headphones.

I had to send it away to get fixed.

Came back ok.

Do you have insurance.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    08-27-10 04:07 PM
    I have had the same problem myself.

It started with the left one not working then when I put headphones in, it didn't change the output from device to headphones.

I had to send it away to get fixed.

Came back ok.

Do you have insurance.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

08-27-10 04:59 PM
    Ok so crackberry is a little tough to use on the BB. How ironic! I was afraid that would be the response I would get.... I do have insurance, I just don't want to be w/o my BB for any period of time. Like I said, I use it for everything. Thanks though!

08-27-10 05:01 PM
    Me 2 I got the same issue with my S2 I use the head phone jack for pandora ,MP 3`s and crackberry podcast. Right speaker goes out unless I twist the cord then it comes back on but if I bump it ,right back off. I have insurance will they give me a loner? If I send it in I'm using verizon

08-27-10 05:15 PM
    Ok so crackberry is a little tough to use on the BB. How ironic! I was afraid that would be the response I would get.... I do have insurance, I just don't want to be w/o my BB for any period of time. Like I said, I use it for everything. Thanks though!

What's the problem with crackberry never had an issue with it download the crackberry app and don't use the default view

08-27-10 05:21 PM

I had the same issue and after buying several replacement cables, two VZW store visits and a few phone calls they finally relented and replaced my phone. Yours should be under factory warranty, so if/when you convince them to replace it, insurance or no insurance shouldn't be a problem. They mailed me a replacement, so I was only out the time it took to take the sim and memory card out, boot up and get the phone activated. Happy customer again
    08-27-10 08:07 PM
    I called verizon and asked about it the women told me to bring it to a dealer and let them look at it, but they might not have a loaner. She said they try not to give loner phones but sometimes they do. I guess depending on the problem. Im going to bring it to the verizon store next time i pass one see what they say. Ill let you know, but i do have insurance the women i called said its covered I dont know what theyd do in your case might make you pay for it
    08-28-10 12:06 AM
    Use a safety pin or small screwdriver and pull the pin up a little bit in the headphone jack. If it still does not work like others have said get a replacement. I had to do this on one of my s2's and all is well now.
    08-28-10 12:35 AM
    Hey,
    So replacing the headphone jack isn't an over all tricky process if your a hands on person. The hard part is more or less finding where you can get a replacement jack. I seen a few sites a while back (however I cant remember) that allowed you to order specific replacement parts for the storm 2 9550.
    Back in march I was running to work and my storm 2 jumped out of my pocket and landed face down on a rock... shattered the whole screen. My friend ended up ordering me a replacement screen+digitizer for me, and I did the repair myself with tools and its been working amazing since.. Point I'm getting at is its fairly simple to do.

Once you get a replacement jack from whatever site, you gotta take the back cover off your phone, pop the batt and microsd card out, then you'll need a torix 6 screw driver I believe. From there loosen the 2 screws on the back. Flip your phone over and you can then remove the top and bottom pieces (aka. one that says blackberry, other says carrier brand.. mine was telus) and you'll see more screws. Once you have all the screws removed you can use a plastic pry tool to go in between the screen and frame as there are little hooks that are holding it in place. ect. ect. ect. you'll begin to dis assemble the phone, thus having access to the headphone jack, and you can replace as necessary.

It may be easier to search for a Dis-Assembly video for the storm 2 9550 to get a better idea lol but this is just to give you a rough idea what your in for if you do it yourself.

**Also keep in mind doing any repairs yourself usually voids warranty. The reason why I chose to replace the screen myself is because I could do it for $120, whereas Telus wanted $360..**
    08-28-10 01:41 AM
    Use a safety pin or small screwdriver and pull the pin up a little bit in the headphone jack. If it still does not work like others have said get a replacement. I had to do this on one of my s2's and all is well now.
    Huh little better if I twist the connector it goes out.
    Haha so don't do that

08-28-10 05:35 AM
    I had the same problem, I got the phone replaced.

08-28-10 07:41 AM
    Hey,
    So replacing the headphone jack isn't an over all tricky process if your a hands on person. The hard part is more or less finding where you can get a replacement jack. I seen a few sites a while back (however I cant remember) that allowed you to order specific replacement parts for the storm 2 9550.
    Do you guys know how to remove the headphone jack once you have the phone disassembled? I can't figure that part out. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
    12-15-10 02:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD