Love my Tour but just wanted a little more(wi-fi,trackpad,memory). The seller said he shipped same day but didn't provide a tracking #.. Its only been two days but but no tracking # makes me nervous. I did use a paypal credit card so hopefully any dispute would be handled in a timely manner. So fellow crackberrians am I overreacting?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-10 07:13 AM
    I would say if you don't get it in a day or so, contact the seller. I've bought items, where the seller had the tracking number, but simply forgot to send it to me. Paypal will rule in your favor if there is no tracking number and you open a complaint about not receiving your new phone.
    08-27-10 07:32 AM
    yeah just contact the seller and ask but make sure you keep the communication through Ebay so it's tracked. I hate to make you more nervous but you did check the ESN right?
    08-27-10 08:48 AM
    Just contact the seller if your nervous and ask if they have a tracking number? But either way it's only been 2-days; however, if Tuesday rolls around and you still don't have it contact the seller again. If the seller is unhelpful PayPal will have your back through the PayPal Resolution Center! Give 'em adequate shipping time, what were the auction terms for shipping? Most sellers put at least 3-5 days for shipping right in the terms.

Good luck,
    Chris
    08-27-10 10:29 AM
    Your problem is that you are impatient. You need to give the seller at least 5-6 days to ship. Also checking the item location and your location will give an idea how fast you might get your Bold.
    08-27-10 10:38 AM
    Think you have to wait 30 days to file an issue with paypal anyways. But yeah with no tracking # they will rule in your favor

08-27-10 11:02 AM
    Thanks all.. I did not check the ESN but have had good luck in the past.. Also the buyer accepts returns. He did email back today and said it shipped USPS(no # though) so just have to wait now. Hopefully next week.

08-27-10 11:25 AM
    There is no such thing as over-reacting when it comes to your Crackberry! Start freaking out!

08-27-10 06:20 PM
    It had only been 2 days and your whining? Definitely an overreaction.
    08-27-10 06:33 PM
    Your problem is that you are impatient. You need to give the seller at least 5-6 days to ship. Also checking the item location and your location will give an idea how fast you might get your Bold.
    Sorry, but 5 to 6 days to ship? Seriously, thats ridiculous, unless its coming from China. I would contact the seller, if he said he would ship same day, you need to contact him. Waiting 5 or 6 days JUST TO SHIP is crazy, considering he already has your money!
    08-27-10 06:39 PM
    That's what buyer feedback ratings are for, slow shipping times, etc.

But freaking out isn't really necessary that early on, especially since he didn't include a tracking # = he will lose the paypal dispute if he never sends it anyways.
    08-27-10 07:05 PM
    I would give it 5 days until I'd get worried. Next time just ask the seller to ship with a tracking #.
    08-27-10 08:06 PM
    It came today.. Priority mail!(damn that was fast) Didn't think I was whining just wanted a tracking number.
    Anyway its here and in the condition that the seller stated.. Tiny scratch on the plastic up top but that will be covered by my innocase.. Also called Verizon and checked the ESN.. All clear! Well tomorrow will be a good day when I change pins.. Thanks all!

08-27-10 08:09 PM
    you can change it by dialing *228 and following the prompts. Backup your Tour first and then when you put your Bold on the cable to your DM it will be good to go.

Always too with regards to ebay, check the seller's rating. You don't want to deal with someone who has any marks against them. Also good to email questions too.
    Be wise to shopping on ebay so you don't get scammed.
    08-27-10 10:49 PM
    Sorry, but 5 to 6 days to ship? Seriously, thats ridiculous, unless its coming from China. I would contact the seller, if he said he would ship same day, you need to contact him. Waiting 5 or 6 days JUST TO SHIP is crazy, considering he already has your money!
    I have had faster at times faster shipping times from China eBay sellers than United State sellers, it is amazing that some US sellers seem it's a real pain to ship more than once a week and heaven forbid if you pay on that day when they already made their weekly trip to the post office!!

Congrats OP on you succesful purchase! The majority of eBay sellers are good, I buy nothing off there until I go though a seller's feedback with a fine tooth comb and check auction winning dates with buyer's feedback dates!
    08-30-10 09:49 AM
    Welcome to the Bold family!
    08-30-10 09:54 AM
    Always too with regards to ebay, check the seller's rating. You don't want to deal with someone who has any marks against them.
    One or two marks is not necessarily bad. There is always gonna someone you can't please regardless of what you do. Just be smart.

08-30-10 09:58 AM
    Wow, should've held off a few hours with this thread. Lol, glad to see it all worked out!
    08-30-10 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD