So I ordered the OEM leather holster for the torch when it first became available a few days ago on shopcrackberry.com. All I have to say is wow! Thank god I waited for this! the fit is amazing, the feel is just down right perfect! I've owned an 8300, 8310, 8820, and Bold 9000 having the corresponding OEM case for each phone. This by far is the most luxurious and well constructed case to date. Thumbs up!
    08-26-10 10:57 PM
    I agree. I got mine yesterday also. It fits tight but not too snug, and for once the bottom corners are enclosed so you don't get as much crap in the holster. It also protects from the occasional drop better. Best holster I have used to date.
    08-26-10 11:03 PM
    So I ordered the OEM leather holster for the torch when it first became available a few days ago on shopcrackberry.com. All I have to say is wow! Thank god I waited for this! the fit is amazing, the feel is just down right perfect! I've owned an 8300, 8310, 8820, and Bold 9000 having the corresponding OEM case for each phone. This by far is the most luxurious and well constructed case to date. Thumbs up!
    Got Pictures?
    08-26-10 11:24 PM
    Good to know..should have mine in the next few days.
    08-27-10 08:07 AM
    sweet, whenever rogers gets this phone thats the case i want =)
    08-27-10 08:20 AM
    Does it let you have a case around it?
    08-27-10 08:21 AM
    Does it let you have a case around it?
    most likely not since they said its a snug fit ... with a case it would be very tight
    08-27-10 08:23 AM
    I am hoping to get mine today or tomorrow, glad to hear your positive review about it. I was a little worried because I did not like how the pic of it looked.
    08-27-10 08:24 AM
    Hey Guys, is this the one with the belt clip and strap accross the top?
    08-27-10 10:34 AM
    i'm still on the fence here..
    still using my Storm 2 OEM leather holster which is working great by the way..
    i need to see the OEM case for the torch in person..
    i'm not sure if i'm gonna like the rough leather appearance.
    08-27-10 10:45 AM
    I just am not a fan of the belt clip beacuse I never wear it on my belt. Not sure if i'm sold on the strap either, I love the basic slide in pouch that came with my Storm.
    08-27-10 11:03 AM
    Hey Guys, is this the one with the belt clip and strap accross the top?
    That would be the one. I received mine yesterday.

08-27-10 11:11 AM
    Looks pretty slick! Does it have a belt clip on the back?.. I'm guessing yes by the way it's being held.
    08-27-10 12:13 PM
    You can see it and read about the features here.

Because I never use the belt clip on my Bold holster, I'm holding out until the Torch Pocket Case becomes available.
    Last edited by qb14; 08-27-10 at 04:47 PM.
    08-27-10 04:43 PM
    I received mine today and was pleasantly suprised with how nice it is. I thought I would not like the rough look but I do, it is also much softer than RIMs previous offerings. And as someone else had mentioned, the bottom is enclosed now, I like that. I am not a huge fan of using this on my belt, but for work it is very convenient to use the belt clip. Not to mention it helps with battery life.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-10 09:02 PM
    BlackBerry Leather Holster for Torch 9800: what's up with the red thread on the side of the holster? The first one I had the thread came undone, got a replacement and now the same thing is happening. Anyone else? Why the heck would RIM use such a thread?
    09-29-10 12:20 AM
    Just ordered the one with the top strap yesterday. I was very impressed with the build quality of the other BB models on the shelf (no Torch cases in stock), especially after some disappointing offerings from Krussel for my old Treo.
    09-29-10 08:17 AM
    BlackBerry Leather Holster for Torch 9800: what's up with the red thread on the side of the holster? The first one I had the thread came undone, got a replacement and now the same thing is happening. Anyone else? Why the heck would RIM use such a thread?
    So how long before the red thread came loose on both of yours? I ordered one and it showed up yesterday. Looks and feels nice. Definitely a different feel than the Storm holster I was using before this one showed up.

Curious if yours starting coming undone quickly, and how hard are you on the case?
    09-29-10 08:53 AM
    Because I never use the belt clip on my Bold holster, I'm holding out until the Torch Pocket Case becomes available.
    You should pre-order from here for less than half that price:
    Blackberry Leather Pocket Pouch for Torch 9800 (Black) at MobileCityOnline.com
    Site says it ships on today's date but still shows as a pre-order. I'm in no hurry.
    09-29-10 11:28 AM
    Is it not also already available on ShopCB?
    09-29-10 12:03 PM
    So how long before the red thread came loose on both of yours? I ordered one and it showed up yesterday. Looks and feels nice. Definitely a different feel than the Storm holster I was using before this one showed up.

Curious if yours starting coming undone quickly, and how hard are you on the case?
    The first one I had approximately 1 week when I noticed the thread coming undone; and as to amount/degree of use, not sure what to say. I don't think I'm excessive or hard on the thing, but do remove my device and reinstert throughout the day.

The second case I just received and right out of the box the thread appears not to be tight. I suspect after a few days I'll be facing the same thing. This time I'll likely just use superglue to harden it up. But am baffled as to why the thread is there in the first place; wasn't a problem with other BB cases in the past.
    09-29-10 12:50 PM
    This is the one I'm interested in - the pocket pouch - without the clip:

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=X3G68bt5
    09-29-10 01:03 PM
    You should pre-order from here for less than half that price:
    Blackberry Leather Pocket Pouch for Torch 9800 (Black) at MobileCityOnline.com
    Site says it ships on today's date but still shows as a pre-order. I'm in no hurry.
    I was in a hurry. I'm going on vacation next week and wanted the pocket case before I leave. I ordered it from Crackberry as soon as it became available.

If we were talking about an expensive item, I might wait in order to pay "less than half that price". But, we're not.
    09-29-10 02:56 PM
    This is the one I'm interested in - the pocket pouch - without the clip:

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=63tNp_3_
    Newegg has them for $16.99...
    Newegg.com - BlackBerry HDW-31013-001 Black Leather Pocket For Torch 9800
    09-29-10 03:32 PM
    My RIM holster arrived yesterday. I am not surprised; it's a perfect fit for the 9800. Great accessory. I can finally retire my 9000 holster.
    09-29-10 06:50 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD