I'm kinda new to using hybrids. What is the difference between hybrid and the regular one? And is there an advantage in using a hybrid rather than the official one? Also, is OS 6 leaked for the 9700 yet, I really want it so bad. Someone please help me. Thank you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-10 04:24 PM
    A hybrid is, as the name suggests, an OS created by mixing files from different released or leaked OS versions. As for the advantages i'll let somebody else explain

No, OS 6 has not been leaked for the 9700 - yet.
    08-26-10 04:31 PM
    Does anyone think it is possible to take the 9700 os6 files and turn it into a hybrid for the 8900 since the phones are so simaler?

08-26-10 07:26 PM
    Does anyone think it is possible to take the 9700 os6 files and turn it into a hybrid for the 8900 since the phones are so simaler?

?? Whaat?

There are already plenty of 8900 OS6 hybrids.....

Here is Willyboy v7 OS6 hybrid for 8900: anonym.to - free dereferer service (Installs over 5.0.0.822 base)
    Last edited by BIOHazard87; 08-26-10 at 07:36 PM.
    08-26-10 07:33 PM
    The 8900 will sure run OS6 hybrids, but it will never run OS6. In other words the look and feel of the OS will always be OS5, but some cod files will come from another device�s OS6.

The 9700 will run OS6.
    Hybrids of OS6 are already available for both, 9700 and 8900.

We are all waiting for leaks of OS6 (not hybrids) for those devices that will be getting this OS (in particular 9650, 9700). The Bold 9780 will already be released with OS 6 same as the Torch.
    08-26-10 08:07 PM
    What about some videos leak showing 9700 on OS6 is that just for a demo ? and by the looks and feel its definitely not OS5.

Anyway still waiting anxiously for OS 6 on 9700 and for the mean time all newer version of OS for 9700 will be ignored.
    08-26-10 08:45 PM
    Does the hybrid for the 9700 have the social feeds in it? Also, I plan on running a hybrid on my phone but when I read the description, it says I have to have OS 5.0.8xx (I forgot the last two number, and there may be another zero but you guys get my point) but T-Mobile haven't have that update yet. Vodafone does but I forgot what to do to let me update it(I have to delete a file but where?) and will there be any disadvantage or malfunction to it if I do upgrade it. Thank you.

08-26-10 09:37 PM
    Does the hybrid for the 9700 have the social feeds in it? Also, I plan on running a hybrid on my phone but when I read the description, it says I have to have OS 5.0.8xx (I forgot the last two number, and there may be another zero but you guys get my point) but T-Mobile haven't have that update yet. Vodafone does but I forgot what to do to let me update it(I have to delete a file but where?) and will there be any disadvantage or malfunction to it if I do upgrade it. Thank you.

If you run 64bit Windows, the Vendor.xml file that you delete is located here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

If 32bit windows, then its located here:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    08-26-10 10:34 PM
    Thank you, do anyone knows if the hybrid version 3.0 (I think by doublehacker) have the social feeds app in it? I'm thinking about installing it when I get home from school today.

08-27-10 05:37 AM
    Thank you, do anyone knows if the hybrid version 3.0 (I think by doublehacker) have the social feeds app in it? I'm thinking about installing it when I get home from school today.

No, OS6 Hybrids only have some OS6 files, they don't have any OS6 feature.
    08-27-10 12:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD