Top 10 Cell Phones - Back to School Shopping Guide - Yahoo! Shopping

looks like a pretty decent article the Blackberry Bold 9700 is sitting at #6
    08-25-10 09:21 PM
    I don't quite agree with the Droid or 8900 being on there, Droid 2 and a 85XX would have been a better choice, but otherwise a good list.
    08-25-10 09:39 PM
    the 8900 on that list is a pleasant surprise. the best 2G BlackBerry ever made. then again im biased. when i picked up my 8900 in january i was cross shopping between this and the 9700. ultimately i chose the much more comfortable keyboard and tactile feedback of the trackball over a faster processor and 3G speeds. do i regret it? not really, that's what the Wi-Fi's for. =)
    08-25-10 09:50 PM

A thread started by CrackberryBrandon...
    Let me guess, the iphone is #1.
    You really need to spend more time on the iphone forum

Edit:
    Yeah, just as I suspected. The iphone right at the top of the page. You are so predictable
    But I don't know why you call it an "article"
    It's just a shopping page with 10 phones and brief descriptions. If that's your idea of a decent article, then you are easily pleased... or your reading comprehension is limited to advertizements.
    Last edited by Jake Storm; 08-25-10 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Just read the "article"
    08-25-10 10:23 PM
    What do you expect to be in the 1st place - it's Back to School isn't it?
    08-25-10 10:40 PM

Edit:
    Yeah, just as I suspected. The iphone right at the top of the page. You are so predictable
    It's just a shopping page with 10 phones and brief descriptions. If that's your idea of a decent article, then you are easily pleased... or your reading comprehension is limited to advertizements.
    Wow.

Are you okay?
    08-25-10 10:53 PM
    I don't know, my last walk on the campus last week, I still saw a boatload more blackberries than iphones.
    08-26-10 03:26 AM
    Maybe the iphone is at the top of the list because it's a very good and very popular phone. That doesn't have to suggest BB doesn't also have very good and popular phones. Anyway I work at a University and I see lots of phones from Winmo to Apple to Droid and yes tons of BBs too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-10 04:05 AM
    I don't quite agree with the Droid or 8900 being on there, Droid 2 and a 85XX would have been a better choice, but otherwise a good list.
    These articles and done way in advance - Droid 2 probably wasn't out then, or certainly wouldn't have had time to make the "list." I'm sure they'll buy the D2 now that it's out!
    08-26-10 06:59 AM

Edit:
    You should relax its not that serious is it. I didn't put it up there as a ranking system its just showing 10 smartphones that are good for heading back to school with. And on another note why would you be shocked the iPhone is at the top of the list anyway it Is loaded with education apps and itunes podcast and what not. Its a good device for a student anyway. Lay off the coffee some bud.

08-26-10 07:19 AM
    You should relax its not that serious is it. I didn't put it up there as a ranking system its just showing 10 smartphones that are good for heading back to school with. And on another note why would you be shocked the iPhone is at the top of the list anyway it Is loaded with education apps and itunes podcast and what not. Its a good device for a student anyway. Lay off the coffee some bud.

I'm plenty relaxed. Just wondering why you started a thread pointing to a non-existant "article". In fact it's not even really a list (the phones aren't numbered in order) it just appears to be a shopping page

I guess I'm just disappointed because I was looking for an article to read.
    You going back to school this fall? I thought you graduated last year.
    08-26-10 11:42 PM
    ...why would you be shocked the iPhone is at the top of the list anyway...
    I'm shocked because in this "article" the iphone only received a 4 star rating (the same as the Bold) yet it resides at the top of the page above three other phones with 4.5 star ratings.
    Obviously the page was put together by an Apple fanboy friend of yours.
    08-26-10 11:47 PM
    Wow your really on the attack "personal attack" streak mind you. An again maybe it's at the top because it is a great device for students due to the resources provided for students in the App Store. A lot of colleges are actually making apps for the iPhone to help students around campus, and a couple years back Florida University made the iPhone even more popular among its college students for actually placing the iPhone and or iPod as a suggested item for students to have for school due to the resources for students. Look relax its not that serious the iPhone being at the top of the list. I mean everyone "HERE" calls it an iToy anyway and suggest it is for the adolescent crowd so why is this even a shocker for you.

Last edited by CrackberryBrandon; 08-27-10 at 12:30 AM.
    08-27-10 12:25 AM
    Wow your really on the attack "personal attack" streak mind you. An again maybe it's at the top because it is a great device for students due to the resources provided for students in the App Store. A lot of colleges are actually making apps for the iPhone to help students around campus, and a couple years back Florida University made the iPhone even more popular among its college students for actually placing the iPhone and or iPod as a suggested item for students to have for school due to the resources for students. Look relax its not that serious the iPhone being at the top of the list. I mean everyone "HERE" calls it an iToy anyway and suggest it is for the adolescent crowd so why is this even a shocker for you.

Again, you seem to be avoiding reality.
    It is only at the top of the page, not #1 on any list. In fact three other phones with higher ratings. You still haven't explained why you posted a link to a back-to-school shopping page. I'm confused.
    08-27-10 01:09 AM

Hi bro, where's the article?
    08-27-10 03:19 AM
    Again, you seem to be avoiding reality.
    It is only at the top of the page, not #1 on any list. In fact three other phones with higher ratings. You still haven't explained why you posted a link to a back-to-school shopping page. I'm confused.
    Ok so if you are now acknowledging the fact that it's not a number 1 rating I believe you're here just to troll to annoy me. Why else would you come into the thread saying stuff like this:

"A thread started by CrackberryBrandon...
    You really need to spend more time on the iphone forum ?:-)
    Edit:
    Yeah, just as I suspected. The iphone right at the top of the page. You are so predictable ?:-)"

And also if you notice in those couple of sentences you're the one who started barking the iPhone was #1 not me.

08-27-10 04:21 AM
    Come on Jake. No need for personal attacks. Just present the facts. Haha didn't mean to rhyme.

Anyone can see the irony of the iPhone being at the top of the list. Kind of confirms what everyone has been saying for a long time. iPhone is great for kids. Blackberry's dominate the business world.
    08-27-10 06:12 AM
    Awesome, my phone made the list.... number 10... but still it's on there and 3 years old.

08-27-10 08:02 AM
    What I find most amusing about this "Sales technique" is that it provides absolutely no information on how the cell phone benefits someone going back to school. The descriptions given are more about the media experience and screen quality than anything. To make a real "Top 10 Cell Phones For Back To School" list, you would need to give some description of the phones features and how that would help someone going to school.
    08-27-10 08:12 AM
    What I find most amusing about this "Sales technique" is that it provides absolutely no information on how the cell phone benefits someone going back to school. The descriptions given are more about the media experience and screen quality than anything. To make a real "Top 10 Cell Phones For Back To School" list, you would need to give some description of the phones features and how that would help someone going to school.
    ^ ^ ^ makes a good point. It's almost depicting what phones are "trendy" and will make you look cool.

08-27-10 08:52 AM
    ^ ^ ^ makes a good point. It's almost depicting what phones are "trendy" and will make you look cool.

haha yeah definitely does! The features they listed actually seem counter productive to actually getting anything done at school. Well except for being popular..
    08-27-10 09:21 AM
    The droid before the 9700? I wonder where the 9800 would be on this list (I'm assuming its Canadian?)

08-27-10 10:03 AM
    Is this a list of what would make you look "cool" walking down hallway with? No surprise on what's on top.

08-27-10 06:14 PM
    The Droid is probably on there because it's immensely more popular and successful than the D2, even if you compare the release time of the D2 (what, 3 weeks now?) to 3 weeks after the Droid was released, even then it killed it.

Plus it's still a really solid device.

The 8900 is one of those cult classic BB's, I would guess. Solid keyboard, solid device for it's time.
    08-29-10 03:35 AM
    I'm curious as to how this relates to "Blackberry News & Rumors"?
    08-29-10 08:56 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD