Today I lost all data service. Spent over an hour on the phone with AT&T and RIM. The RIM symbol between the 3G and the signal strength indicator disappeared. I took my phone back to the AT&T store where I purchased it from and they were lost as well. Per a request from RIM I was instructed to go home, back up my BB, and complete a security wipe. Believe it or not, this fixed it. The odd part is why. No parameters were changed. It worked since I bought it ten days ago until last night. Is this going to be an ongoing issue with OS6? Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-10 06:08 PM
    08-25-10 06:12 PM
    I had the same thing happen over the weekend.

3 G and EDGE networks both only had phone and text. No data services.

AT&T checked all settings and could only offer the wipe solution. No recent installs or deletes. Odd!

After the wipe I've been fine. But worried it may happen again.

Anyone else?

08-25-10 06:12 PM
    I haven't had data services since this morning. How do you do the wipe? Looks like I need to back it up and do that.
    08-25-10 06:18 PM
    Yep.

Back up.

All menu -> Options -> Security -> Security Wipe -> follow instructions.

REMEMBER - backup first!

08-25-10 06:25 PM
    Did It and all services came back as soon as it rebooted. Thanks!! Strange thing though even though my BB services were disconnected I could still tether to my pc and connect to internet. I guess tethering you don't have to have BIS working.
    08-25-10 06:43 PM
    I'm wondering what the problem is... Is it something in the OS, device or Network. Can you think of anything you may have done that I could compare to?

Friday was the first time it happened to me. I'm in eastern PA. I don't recall any new installs just be for it happened.

My only installed apps are Endomondo (great app!), Google Maps, Slacker Radio, RepliGo PDF reader.

Anything the same with you?

08-25-10 06:50 PM
    The only apps we have in common is slacker radio and I installed it a few days ago so I doubt that is it. Haven't got a clue what happened but at least it is a easy fix now that we know what is going on.
    08-25-10 07:21 PM
    Hey guys, just wanted to share this with you. It is very easy to accidentally click off the mobile network checkbox on the manage connections menu. Since the menu pulls up anytime you hit the top part of the screen.

I had this occur twice to me, so just in case make sure that you didnt accidentally uncheck the network checkbox.
    08-25-10 07:28 PM
    The consensus was the Torch wasn't recognizing leaving BIS over WiFi, and wouldn't pick up over 3G. I had slacker radio installed on my first and used it constantly. 4 hours after I tried connecting to a public WiFi, it dropped BIS. Went to AT&T and replaced the phone. Best part? This one doesn't wobble at all!!

I'm staying away from WiFi and third party apps until the service update is released.

08-25-10 07:42 PM
    Also, have you guys been to (serviceprovider).blackberry.com to register your new device and PIN? I hadn't and my account was still linked to my 9000, which the tech support guys leaned toward when my BIS dropped.

08-25-10 07:45 PM
    Thanks to all for the great follow up. Crackberry users are the best resource for my Blackberry!

I too go from home BIS over WiFi to BIS over AT&T.

I don't think I can give up my WiFi since 1/2 of my house has 3G sometimes, and EDGE on the other side.

Thanks

08-25-10 08:05 PM
    The only apps we have in common is slacker radio and I installed it a few days ago so I doubt that is it. Haven't got a clue what happened but at least it is a easy fix now that we know what is going on.
    08-25-10 09:45 PM
    "Went to AT&T and replaced the phone. Best part? This one doesn't wobble at all!!"

Can you tell me what you mean by "wobble"? I went into the AT&T store here because I was afraid the screen was moving a bit when I had the keyboard slid out. I've never had a slider phone before so I wasn't sure if a little wooble as normal. The guy I talked to didn't seem to know much of anything. /

08-26-10 01:46 PM
    When the phone is slid out, the screen may "wobble"to and fro. Side to side is generally accepted, but front to back *shouldnt* be "normal".

08-26-10 02:20 PM
    Thanks SRWitty. I know it was a bit of a dumb question but I'd rather check than have a defected phone!
    08-26-10 04:39 PM
    Your welcome

08-26-10 04:44 PM
    I had the same issue but stranger. The email, BBM, GPS, and some apps didn't work but the browser did. When I came within WiFi range it all started working again and then continued to work out of WiFi and back on the mobile network. When the same thing happened today I spent almost two hours on the phone with ATT and RIM and eventually did a back up - wipe - restore. Restoring made me lose all of the 3rd party apps but at least the mobile network data is working. I think it was due to one of the apps I d'loaded a day before the issue began.
    08-26-10 07:45 PM
    hey does anyone blackberry's Audio or Video just stop working due to some type of security thing?? Sometimes when i play music on speaker it just stops in mid play and makes this sound. Same with videos.

Doe this happen to anyone? What do i do??
    08-26-10 08:04 PM
    [QUOTE=Q3 CEO;5512669]Today I lost all data service. Spent over an hour on the phone with AT&T and RIM. The RIM symbol between the 3G and the signal strength indicator disappeared. I took my phone back to the AT&T store where I purchased it from and they were lost as well. Per a request from RIM I was instructed to go home, back up my BB, and complete a security wipe. Believe it or not, this fixed it. The odd part is why. No parameters were changed. It worked since I bought it ten days ago until last night. Is this going to be an ongoing issue with OS6? Has anyone else experienced this issue?

I had the same issue and spent 1 hour on the phone yesterday with ATT. Thye told me to go to the store and get another sim card. I went to the store today and that didnt work. The store called their tech and were on the phone for an hour! I had to leave and just followed the instructions to backup - wipe - restore and it worked.
    08-27-10 11:27 PM
    [QUOTE=Todaysman;5521799]
    Today I lost all data service. Spent over an hour on the phone with AT&T and RIM. The RIM symbol between the 3G and the signal strength indicator disappeared. I took my phone back to the AT&T store where I purchased it from and they were lost as well. Per a request from RIM I was instructed to go home, back up my BB, and complete a security wipe. Believe it or not, this fixed it. The odd part is why. No parameters were changed. It worked since I bought it ten days ago until last night. Is this going to be an ongoing issue with OS6? Has anyone else experienced this issue?

I had the same issue and spent 1 hour on the phone yesterday with ATT. Thye told me to go to the store and get another sim card. I went to the store today and that didnt work. The store called their tech and were on the phone for an hour! I had to leave and just followed the instructions to backup - wipe - restore and it worked.
    I had the same issue,too. After backup,wipe and next spend 30 min. on the phone with ATT is working correctly.
    08-27-10 11:42 PM
    This happened to me this morning. I just did the suggested back up and security wipe and I am back running fine. I had installed the Torch upgrade for the quickpull app and after it rebooted my BB services were out. Maybe that could help figuring out why this happens.
    09-02-10 02:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD