those of you using any 3g products ie: iphone. how do you find the connection on rogers? how reliable and how's the coverage?
    07-15-08 02:12 PM
    Aren't BBs 3G? I find it's great, obviously not in the subway but when you come out of a tunnel (on the train or not) it connects pretty fast again. Doesn't work to well in some buildings...but my rule of thumb is that if the buiding is made of a lot of metal it's not going to work that great (not Rogers fault).
    07-17-08 06:18 PM
    Aren't BBs 3G? I find it's great, obviously not in the subway but when you come out of a tunnel (on the train or not) it connects pretty fast again. Doesn't work to well in some buildings...but my rule of thumb is that if the buiding is made of a lot of metal it's not going to work that great (not Rogers fault).
    Sorry to bust your bubble, but the only 3g berry is the Bold. But welcome to CB newbie. And to the op, I have used the blackjack2,and a few other 3g phones. It is faster and a good bit to. However not enough in my opinion to make me wish I had gone with a 3g WM phone over my 2G bb
    07-17-08 06:25 PM
    Is the 8330 not 3G? It has QUALCOMM 3G CDMA printed on the back. My carrier doesn't provide 3G networks here, so it's not like I would be able to tell from that. Anyway, clear up my confusion!

EDIT: So, I checked things out. The 8330 is in fact a 3G phone!
    Last edited by Noah0504; 07-17-08 at 07:03 PM.
    07-17-08 06:43 PM
    wow...my 8310 goes pretty fast to 3G must be incredible!

I can't stand iPhones...everyone bust me on getting my curve 2 days before the release of the iPhone...and I just HATE touch phones...give me buttons! Plus I've wanted a BB since I was a little girl and my Dad brought home his first MASSIVE brick of a BB. My answer is I run down my iPod and my cell fast enough as it is, I don't need them on ONE BATTERY!

Anyways...any coverage you get in Toronto is going to be the best coverage in the country.
    07-17-08 08:06 PM
    wow...my 8310 goes pretty fast to 3G must be incredible!

I can't stand iPhones...everyone bust me on getting my curve 2 days before the release of the iPhone...and I just HATE touch phones...give me buttons! Plus I've wanted a BB since I was a little girl and my Dad brought home his first MASSIVE brick of a BB. My answer is I run down my iPod and my cell fast enough as it is, I don't need them on ONE BATTERY!

Anyways...any coverage you get in Toronto is going to be the best coverage in the country.
    8310 isnt 3G!! sorry to break the news...
    07-18-08 05:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD