Now that it's looking like 6.0 is dead in the water am I the only one holding out hope that rim hasn't totally abandon us on pushing out software updates for our Storm 2's? Would be nice to get some sort of love especially those running .713.
    08-24-10 01:34 PM
    Now that it's looking like 6.0 is dead in the water am I the only one holding out hope that rim hasn't totally abandon us on pushing out software updates for our Storm 2's? Would be nice to get some sort of love especially those running .713.
    Uhhhhh...... huh?
    08-24-10 01:41 PM
    Uhhhhh...... huh?
    I've installed the latest "official" OS (713) and since then I have voice quality issues with my device. Was wondering if rim/Verizon were done improving the 9550's OS or if the s2 owners will be relegated to hybrid releases vs official releases?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-10 01:47 PM
    I've installed the latest "official" OS (713) and since then I have voice quality issues with my device. Was wondering if rim/Verizon were done improving the 9550's OS or if the s2 owners will be relegated to hybrid releases vs official releases?
    If you are serious, then yes. EOL is coming up fast for the S2. Your best bet is a hybrid or MAYBE another carrier will release an official.
    08-24-10 01:51 PM
    well there still pushing out official's for the bold 9000 so i would expect that they would for the S2.......that really stinks for u guys. i seriously feel bad, but hopefully the S3 comes soon and u guys can upgrade. i heard that the S3 is pretty sweet. thinner, and added functions. but no surepress (i think thats what its called)
    08-24-10 02:06 PM
    Had .713 loaded and saw battery life shortened. Backleveled this morning. Also seeing occasional burp in hearing when talking to land lines or users from brand x carriers like a t and t.
    08-24-10 02:12 PM
    Had .713 loaded and saw battery life shortened. Back leveled this morning. Also seeing occasional burp in hearing when talking to land lines or users from brand x carriers like a t and t.
    08-24-10 02:13 PM
    You guys can always hope another country like china picks up the s2! I remember thinking the same thing about support for my s1 after the s2 came out. We didn't see any updates for a few months....official or leaked.

08-24-10 03:36 PM
    You guys can always hope another country like china picks up the s2! I remember thinking the same thing about support for my s1 after the s2 came out. We didn't see any updates for a few months....official or leaked.

Thanks Than. I never considered that as a possible option. Like reverpats I too saw an update for the 9000 which sort of gave me some hope.

08-24-10 03:40 PM
    I'm not going to lie, but I had to start loading hybrids on my phone to feed my addiction. Haha. I think you guys will see an os 6 leak though. From what I read it was made and sent to testing so it did work for the s2. As to how great, well maybe it ran like windows vista on an old machine.... Slow and laggy. So perhaps it didn't get ported to the s2. I think your processor in the phone could handle it easy but memory would play a large part of why it didn't pass through testing. On the 9800 I have the OS takes more than 256mb and climbs sometimes to close to 300mb. As of now, rim needs to find a way to condense some of the files to shrink the OS size and have it run more efffeciently. But given their track record from .75 to 5.0.0.797 on the 9530 it is still wishful thinking...

If I remember an observation too, verizon didn't release an official 5.0 OS for the s1 until a week or two after the s2 dropped. Everyone thought it was a ploy to sell more s2's since no one would want to upgrade if the other phone got 5.0....

08-24-10 03:59 PM
    Verizon is officially phasing out the S2, so wouldn't hold out for an official 5.0 release coming from them. Let's hope another carrier drops one soon.

Right on time: Verizon phasing out Pre Plus, Storm2, Curve 8530, others? -- Engadget Mobile
    08-24-10 04:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD