Hi guys

BB App World is refusing to let me log in to my BlackBerry ID. A bit of Googling has revealed I'm not the only one with this problem, but I've yet to find a solution that works for me.

Here's what I get:

When I try to access my previously purchased apps via My World, or buy new ones, it prompts me to log in to my BlackBerry ID. No matter what username or passwords I enter, I always get the same message:

Unable to validate the email address and password combination. (Error Id: 30601)

If I try clicking on 'Forgot Password?', no matter what email address I enter, I always get this message:

Your request cannot be completed. Please ensure that your BlackBerry ID has been activated and that you have typed the correct email address.

My usual approach to fixing things (reinstalling the app, removing the battery, performing a security wipe) has yielded no success, so I'm at a loss as to what to do next.

Erm... help!
    08-24-10 08:18 AM
    I had the same problem last night with the new version 2.0.0.36. My solution was to "create" a new account with the same email, user name and password. My World now shows all my apps. BUT, I can't get the program to launch from the QuickLaunch menu.
    08-24-10 08:48 AM
    Hmm. Sounds like this could be a bug with BB App World rather than with my phone, then.
    08-24-10 09:41 AM
    Now this is interesting...

Trying to login using my computer, I'm still getting this problem (regardless of which email address I type).

See attached screenshot
    08-24-10 09:45 AM
    I have the same problem too and I stopped using it,always error,I got even suspended for 2 hours for security issues.
    08-24-10 09:48 AM
    Same here. Can't login password username error. That's a bummer. Ill just wait the fix out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-10 09:51 AM
    Trying gbeardmore's approach of creating a "new" BlackBerry ID with the same information, and re-linking it to my PayPal account, seems to have worked. I'll play around with it before saying for certain, but I'm now able to access and download my apps which is a major improvement!
    08-24-10 09:53 AM
    I just solved it for myself.
    Go to BlackBerry App World
    Go to bottom right My World
    Put in the correct email and password that you want
    Push the BlackBerry Button
    Choose Save
    Then you may have to put in your Pay Pal info so have it ready
    09-18-10 08:31 AM
    I too was having the same problem, turns out I never logged out of my app world, found this out quite by accident. So, I logged out, went back in and it signed right in for me. Interesting sidenote------the app doesnt tell you that you are logged in. Which may be the cause of the problem for some here. Hope this helps Eric
    09-19-10 07:59 AM
    Mine for some reason won't open but different problem, telling me its not available in my country? I haven't left my country

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-10 08:46 AM
    I am having similar issues. I never had any issues until "upgrading" to 2.0.0.36.

It doesn't matter whether I am trying to purchase or to view My World. It asks for my username and password, prompts me to accept the terms, then a white screen comes up asking me if I want to change my password or security question or if I would like promo emails. The only options for exiting this screen are Save, Discard, or Cancel. I can click Featured View in the menu and it takes me back to the list of available apps, but we just start going in circles again from there.

I sent an email to App World tech support on 9/5/10 and they were less than useless. I got an auto response saying "thanks for your email" and that was the end of it.

I have restarted the phone a few times since then with no change.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the app (with restarts between and after). No change.

I tried re-registering, but it says I'm already registered and I can log into the website with no issues.

Anyone have any ideas? If not, I guess I'll just delete the app and buy an iPhone when my contract is up since BlackBerry isn't interested in helping me.

(8700 -> 8300 -> 9000)
    09-21-10 09:47 AM
    @Pitstew: How do you log out? I have no menu options for that, no matter what screen I'm on in the app.
    09-21-10 09:53 AM
    EBD74, i just hit the menu key on the my world screen and it lists the log out option.

I have the same problems though, it will not accept any password i enter when i want to install a new app. It also will not accept any answer to the security question when i say i forgot my password. Then it gets locked for two hours and the whole process starts over again

I've tried re-registering but then it says there's already an account with this email address. Finally, the option to reset the password on the website itself just leads to more of the above.

If anybody has more ideas... i'm listening

Thanks.
    09-21-10 03:07 PM
    I had this same problem as well , i didnt create a new username , i just entered my password in 3 times , i guess 3 times is a charm
    09-21-10 04:42 PM
    EBD74, i just hit the menu key on the my world screen and it lists the log out option.
    I can't get to the My World screen. I click to open My World, it asks for my email and password, asks me to agree to the terms, then gives me a screen asking me if I want to change my password or security question or if I would like promo emails. My menu options at that point are Help, Select, Clear Field, Save, Featured View, Show Symbols, Switch Application, and Close. There is no Log Off option and I am at a dead end. Regardless of whether I make changes, clicking Save just gives me the same screen back again - I could just sit all day clicking Save. The only other way out of that screen (besides Close, which closes the App and is probably the best option in the whole program) is the Featured View option, but that just brings me to the Featured Items, which I can't buy because the Download/Purchase link will just start the whole login-to-a-dead-end process all over again.

If anyone has a link to a previous version or knows how we can get one, please post.
    09-22-10 07:09 AM
    I had the same problem, after "upgrading" to the new BB App World. I had to click on the link above the email addy it showed to create a new bb world id. Had to go thru the entire sign up process. Once done, it all worked fine... now just to get my "email setup" icon back.. The upgrade took out the email setup button in the setup folder..
    Tallshipdreamer likes this.
    09-25-10 07:12 PM
    I have exactly the same problem...
    09-28-10 10:26 AM
    I am facing the same problem! There were notifications to upgrade my Windows Live Messenger and crunchSMS apps so I tried logging it but I had the same message:

Unable to validate the email address and password combination. (Error Id: 30601)

I clicked on forgot password and it leads me to a page where I am supposed to answer my secret question. I put the answer to the question and entered the new password twice but when I tried to log in to my BB ID again it showed the same error as before. Now I'm locked out for two hours and I don't know what to do. If anyone has a solution, please advise.
    10-06-10 10:48 AM
    Sign me up as having this problem (Error 30601) and all associated dead loops. Tried to "contact support" but it was late in the afternoon on Friday and they're prolly off to the beach till Monday.

All because I tried to upgrade App World.
    10-09-10 11:57 AM
    Another great job by RIM. They update the program and I get a link in AppWorld. Yay! A new version. Of course, I can't download it through AppWorld because I still can't get in. (And, no, after ALL THIS TIME, still not a single peep from the F****** idiots at RIM.) I assume, since everyone is saying they don't see anything new, it probably quietly fixes the problem. I uninstalled and went to the official AppWorld website to download it there. But, staying true to form, the morons didn't update the available program there. Still the same, crappy, broken product. Smooth move RIM. A broken AppWorld they can't seem to and don't care to fix and a failed phone launch (face it, the Torch SHOULD have been SO MUCH MORE). I LOVED RIM. Now I say RIP RIM.
    Tallshipdreamer likes this.
    10-09-10 11:33 PM
    Sign me up as having this problem (Error 30601) and all associated dead loops. Tried to "contact support" but it was late in the afternoon on Friday and they're prolly off to the beach till Monday.

All because I tried to upgrade App World.

Good luck getting a response. I contacted them very shortly after 2.0.0.36 and the only response I've had is the automated message saying they got the message. They sold us the phones and got their money. Now they couldn't care less.
    10-09-10 11:38 PM
    Another great job by RIM. They update the program and I get a link in AppWorld. Yay! A new version. Of course, I can't download it through AppWorld because I still can't get in. (And, no, after ALL THIS TIME, still not a single peep from....
    Hey ebd74 try going to the BB ID website at BlackBerry ID - Sign In and use your preferred login. You can try several until you find the one that works. After upgrading to OS6's new version on my Torch, APP WORLD saved the wrong email addy in the sign in page, which threw me off every time. When I logged in on the webpage I found the right combination that worked on my phone. Problem solved.

Good luck! And BB doesn't do CS on weekends so you probably will have to wait until till next week to get an answer if my fix doesn't help you.
    10-10-10 01:33 PM
    BB doesn't do CS on weekends so you probably will have to wait until till next week to get an answer.
    Apparently they don't do customer service at all. I've been waiting since 9/5 and haven't had one email or phone call (unless you count the automated one we receive instantly that says they've received the request).

Oh, and they finally updated the official link. It now points to the new version. I downloaded it and guess what? Still the same issue.

Try going to the BB ID website at BlackBerry ID - Sign In and use your preferred login. You can try several until you find the one that works.
    Thanks for trying, but I tried that a long time ago just to be sure I had it right. I signed onto the website using the correct login (first try). I use the same credentials on my BlackBerry and have an endless loop. The program is broken.
    10-15-10 11:59 AM
    I had the same problems until earlier today. I'd get to the login screen then it would just leave me at a page to change my password etc.

I tried about 100 different things and the only thing that ended up working was this:

I went into Options>Applications (select Add-on)> Blackberry App World>Menu>Edit default permissions. Change all permissions to allow, then save. Then do a hard reset. When you go to login again, you'll be directed to the very same page that lets you change your password etc. Go to Menu>save and it should then take you to a page to verify your paypal account. After that it's smooth sailing! (or at least it was for me!)

Good luck!
    Last edited by s82; 10-16-10 at 02:53 AM.
    10-16-10 02:50 AM
    I had to call verizon and they walked me through. THERE are a lot of issues with this problem (that was what I was told). The operator will walk you through the process. Basically you have to create a new user name, a password, a security question, a reply and agree to the terms. Access to apps will now work.
    10-22-10 02:31 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD