Hi,
    When i'm signing in to skype i'm reciving message "failed to conect to skype server" . i been trying it on different os: 5.0.0.351->5.0.0.743->5.0.0.862-> wipe->5.0.0.862->wipe->5.0.0.743->wipe->5.0.0.351->5.0.0.743, been trying to conect using wi-fi and i still getting same message.I have successfuly instaled on my fried's 9700 os 5.0.0.351 its worked from first time and she been using it hard for two weeks now with no complains.
    I spoke with 3UK customer services several times, have done everything they ask me to,and then they said i should send it to them ,which i don't realy want to do.
    Are there ways to get it connected to bl**dy server. or there are settings of os i don't know about?

thanks in advance
    SergUK
    08-24-10 05:37 AM
    Are you actually saying that a Blackberry can work on Skype now??? This is news to me. I did not think it worked.
    08-24-10 06:35 AM
    Are you actually saying that a Blackberry can work on Skype now??? This is news to me. I did not think it worked.
    It's not Skype for the masses FB... just a carrier app for 3UK customers

Similar to Verizon's Skype app for their BlackBerries.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-10 07:08 AM
    You have a non 3 OS on your bold. - you cannot access the skype server - the 862 OS is a Vodafone upgrade - you need the 3 vendor files to access skype. Skype have a "deal" with 3 and this is a measure to stop people like me accessing skype using a non 3 phone

08-24-10 07:25 AM
    You have a non 3 OS on your bold. - you cannot access the skype server - the 862 OS is a Vodafone upgrade - you need the 3 vendor files to access skype

Ok, do you know where i can get those vendor files? is it possible to get it from my frend's phone?
    Also i did wipe the phone and then upgraded it from blackberry.com directly thrue "update my device",it did instaled os 5.0.0.351,i'm wondering the os i got from bb.com suppose to be the one for 3 devices, or i'm getting something wrong?

Thanks
    Last edited by SergUK; 08-24-10 at 08:16 AM.
    08-24-10 08:05 AM
    You should be able to find the files (or the entire OS, more likely) on 3's website. You'll probably have to use the latest official release by 3. Log in to three.co.uk with your information and look for the latest OS.
    08-24-10 12:21 PM
    Hi,
    I have installed some skype beta, which i found somewhere here, and at first sing in i got message says " skype can't connect thru socket,will connect thru http insted" or something like that, it did connect and i'm able to us for chart and for calls(it redirecting me to some local number).

What is that "socket"? and maybe i ned to do something with it to allow proper skype to work?

Thanks
    08-24-10 12:28 PM
    Ok, do you know where i can get those vendor files? is it possible to get it from my frend's phone?
    Also i did wipe the phone and then upgraded it from blackberry.com directly thrue "update my device",it did instaled os 5.0.0.351,i'm wondering the os i got from bb.com suppose to be the one for 3 devices, or i'm getting something wrong?

Thanks
    Try here

H3G Uk?
    08-24-10 12:31 PM
    You should be able to find the files (or the entire OS, more likely) on 3's website. You'll probably have to use the latest official release by 3. Log in to three.co.uk with your information and look for the latest OS.
    When i'v been on the phone with customer services , they said to me to go on bb.com to get os,so i asuming they don't have any os on their website.
    will have a look in a minute though.

Thanks
    08-24-10 12:34 PM
    Try here

H3G Uk?
    thanks for that, i'll try and will let you know!hope it will works.

thanks again
    08-24-10 12:42 PM
    Try here

H3G Uk?
    Same story
    08-24-10 05:41 PM
    Try here

H3G Uk?
    Same story it doesn't work on os 5.0.0.352_3_UK.
    more ideas?

Thanks
    08-24-10 05:44 PM
    Make sure you're *NOT* deleting the Vendor.xml file prior to thiis install.
    08-24-10 05:56 PM
    i just check vendor file on my friends computer for her phone, this is how it looks:<vendorsrc version="0.0.0.0">

</vendorsrc>
    , it is the same as i use to have before i have put that 3UK os. but vendor file after installation of 3UK os looks differntly, it has many differnt providers written there, but i couldn'tfind 3UK?
    08-24-10 06:16 PM
    What did u do when u flashed your firmware? Mine is on 3, flashed many times using either official or leaked OSs, Skype is working flawlessly.

Have been wondering how on earth the "3" icon and all other service info is still there after all this. Now I'm glad it is.

08-24-10 09:12 PM
    Hi,
    I have installed some skype beta, which i found somewhere here, and at first sing in i got message says " skype can't connect thru socket,will connect thru http insted" or something like that, it did connect and i'm able to us for chart and for calls(it redirecting me to some local number).

What is that "socket"? and maybe i ned to do something with it to allow proper skype to work?

Thanks
    I believe this has something to do with the APN settings. I don't have Skype, but I use Opera Mini occasionally. It has a similar setting that will not connect through "socket" unless I have the "APN settings Enabled" checked. Go to options->advanced options->TCP/IP to check it. I don't know if this has anything to do with any of these problems, but I thought I would share....
    08-24-10 10:25 PM
    What did u do when u flashed your firmware? Mine is on 3, flashed many times using either official or leaked OSs, Skype is working flawlessly.

Have been wondering how on earth the "3" icon and all other service info is still there after all this. Now I'm glad it is.

Hi,

i used either BBSAK orJL_Cmber programs to wipe device to get 507 error,disvonnected device from comp, uninstalled all os i had in add/remove programs, installed the one i need , started DM connected phone , started AppLoader and thats it. and been doing this procedure all the times evrery time all "3" icons was there, but not skype.

Thanks
    08-25-10 02:52 AM
    I believe this has something to do with the APN settings. I don't have Skype, but I use Opera Mini occasionally. It has a similar setting that will not connect through "socket" unless I have the "APN settings Enabled" checked. Go to options->advanced options->TCP/IP to check it. I don't know if this has anything to do with any of these problems, but I thought I would share....
    Hi,
    i don't think so,opera working for me on either of three os's i had, without APN settings enabled, and i did try with APN settings enabled and disabled skype didn't work.
    thanks for sharing any way.
    Last edited by SergUK; 08-25-10 at 03:46 AM.
    08-25-10 02:58 AM
    Hi,

i used either BBSAK orJL_Cmber programs to wipe device to get 507 error,disvonnected device from comp, uninstalled all os i had in add/remove programs, installed the one i need , started DM connected phone , started AppLoader and thats it. and been doing this procedure all the times evrery time all "3" icons was there, but not skype.

Thanks
    Oh, it sounds like you did more than needed too. Better send your blackberry to 3 for repair, enclose a letter asking them to only restate the latest 3 official OS, once you've got it back, update (not to wipe) from there if it's not .862 or whichever you wanted.

08-25-10 07:31 AM
    Some people just don't give it a damn if their phones have a little bug, I'm that kind of person can't help to think about it and will try everything to bring its full functions back to work. If you are like me, send it back to 3, and Skype IS important for me as I have family/friends overseas, if that stop working, it can push me hard enough to get a new phone.

08-25-10 07:38 AM
    Some people just don't give it a damn if their phones have a little bug, I'm that kind of person can't help to think about it and will try everything to bring its full functions back to work. If you are like me, send it back to 3, and Skype IS important for me as I have family/friends overseas, if that stop working, it can push me hard enough to get a new phone.

Totaly agree with you and post before yours. Skype is most important for me and,as i`m lucky person, I can`t get it working. Probably will have to send over to 3, it will take me few days to get all paperwork from previous owner, until then will try some more to get it working, so any other ideas welcome!

Thanks

08-25-10 08:30 AM
    Totaly agree with you and post before yours. Skype is most important for me and,as i`m lucky person, I can`t get it working. Probably will have to send over to 3, it will take me few days to get all paperwork from previous owner, until then will try some more to get it working, so any other ideas welcome!

Thanks
    Just a thought Serg, but was this previous owner a 3 UK customer?

...and are you absolutely sure this phone is a 3 UK supplied 9700, and not just an unlocked one?
    08-25-10 08:44 AM
    Just a thought Serg, but was this previous owner a 3 UK customer?

...and are you absolutely sure this phone is a 3 UK supplied 9700, and not just an unlocked one?
    100% sure. I bought it on ebay, seller is from Ipswich. Today I have spoke to costumer services, told them hole story, gave phones EMEi, they said, phone registered on other nameand have to get owner to call them and get EMEI of his name, so I can register it on mine and get it serviced, and I`ve been in 3 store, they said I will need to get copy of receipt or contract. I wrote an email thrue ebay to seller, no response yet. The good thing is this phone has not been reported lost or stolen!)

Thanks

08-25-10 09:13 AM
    Have u tried to install Huchison 3's official OS found here in CB(probably a little different from the one came on your phone)? Not sure it will work, just trying to help out with all possible ways.

My 9700 has .862 installed which was found here in CB, didn't delete vender file at first since I'm with 3, then it won't let me flash the whole OSn only to install or delete apps.

08-25-10 09:36 AM
    Have u tried to install Huchison 3's official OS found here in CB(probably a little different from the one came on your phone)? Not sure it will work, just trying to help out with all possible ways.

My 9700 has .862 installed which was found here in CB, didn't delete vender file at first since I'm with 3, then it won't let me flash the whole OSn only to install or delete apps.

It's unlikely to get help from the previous owner, is there any chance you can send it straight to RIM for repair and ask them to flash your phone back to 3's?

08-25-10 09:40 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD