Every MMS that I receive is tiny like a thumbnail and is poor quality. I've read others have experienced this issue as well, but has anyone found a fix yet?
    08-23-10 07:27 PM
    I'm on the mobile site so I can't see your carrier but I'll wager it's unlocked on another network. there isn't a fix for this, it's the way your phone identifies itself on the network. It's unrecognized and defaults to minimum standards for the mms protocol. Itll be fixed when your carrier supports os6 and will be automatic. You won't have to do anything.

On some other devices you can change the identification of the phone in mms settings but on the blackberry it's servicebook controlled device id broadcast.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-10 09:48 PM
    Xandermac - thanks, you're one of the most well informed users on this forum. You are correct, I have an unlocked Torch on T-Mobile. Everything has been working good on the phone, even BIS, it's just this MMS issue. I'm a heavy MMS user, and not sure if I can hold out until T-Mobile supports OS 6. I may have to switch back to my old trusty Curve 8900 for the time being. I hope the 9780 gets released soon and on T-Mobile. Sorry I know this off topic, but seems like you're the one to ask: Does T-Mobile's hspa work off of the 1700MHz band in the USA? I read somewhere that it's 1700 in the USA and 2100 in Europe. I guess that would explain why Torch users in the USA on T-Mobile can't take advantage of hspa, since according to the tech specs of the 9800 it supports 3G on 2100/1900/850/800 MHz. I'm a noob, so please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks
    Last edited by jluism919; 08-24-10 at 01:36 AM.
    08-23-10 10:20 PM
    You're absolutely right. 1700MHz.

08-24-10 06:14 AM
    Mine is NOT unlocked and comes in tiny too......
    08-24-10 07:18 AM
    I would definitely talk to AT&T about that.

Mine is NOT unlocked and comes in tiny too......
    08-24-10 07:21 AM
    I would definitely talk to AT&T about that.

Thanks. I'll do that.
    08-24-10 07:33 AM
    Tmobile has now released the new Bold which is operating 6.0. I had them resend the service books and the end result is the same - I am receiving a tiny MMS. The TMO tech support individual said that the mere release of 6.0 won't fix the MMS issue - we need a TMO version of 6.0 for the 9800 to make the MMS work right (which will never happen) but that doesn't sound right to me. Ideas?
    01-04-11 11:49 AM
    The phone would have to be properly identified on the network ( or the identity would have to be spoofed) for mms to work properly. I have the same problem with my storm2. Unfortunately mms has no relation to your data plan so the service books merely tell the network your phone is capable of mms but not what its capabilities are.

01-04-11 11:54 AM
    So, for those of us who are a little less technical, does this mean that I am never going to be able to receive a normal sized MMS on this phone?
    01-04-11 11:57 AM
    Umm.. I think there feeding you a line of BS. I'm on ATT(which helped design the torch and fully supports OS6) and have the same issue, have had this issue since Bberry went to threaded text messages, even back on my curve(OS5.something)

Just the way it handles mms in the threaded capabilities. Also if you notice any mms that is a slide show, it shows as one large message with several thumbnail pictures and the audio is a separate file.

Annoying to say the least.
    01-04-11 11:59 AM
    Homer, has ATT told you that you will never be able to receive a normal sized MMS? I get the right size on email or BBM, but the MMS thing is annoying.
    01-04-11 12:00 PM
    I've never called ATT about the issue, had always just assumed it was the way it was meant to be with threaded text messages.

Now that you mention it I might have a call and see.
    01-04-11 12:05 PM
    On the phone with customer service now, there elevating me to a level 1 tech support. Customer service had no clue how to even retrieve service books. lol

Will update after I get off the phone with tech support.
    01-04-11 01:03 PM
    OK, after a lengthy discussion with a level 1 tech support, and going through several options(which i knew wouldn't do sh*t)basically he told me that's the way OS6 handles mms messages nothing ATT can do about it. And has absolutely nothing to do with service books or how ATT handles mms out to the blackberry.

So in short, your stuck with thumbnail previews of mms messages.
    newcollector and Redballs like this.
    01-04-11 01:07 PM
    lol! Well, at least us TMO customers have one less thing to complain about. I actually have a TMO in-store tech employee trying to transfer the 6.0 service books manually to my phone. I'll be curious to see if that does anything and I'll keep everyone posted.
    01-04-11 01:49 PM
    ^^any updates?
    02-17-11 11:42 AM
    Umm.. I think there feeding you a line of BS. I'm on ATT(which helped design the torch and fully supports OS6) and have the same issue, have had this issue since Bberry went to threaded text messages, even back on my curve(OS5.something)

Just the way it handles mms in the threaded capabilities. Also if you notice any mms that is a slide show, it shows as one large message with several thumbnail pictures and the audio is a separate file.

Annoying to say the least.
    So is there no fix for the slideshow issue? my 9700 showed the slideshow and audio simultaneously. The torch does not and this is disappointing
    05-26-11 08:45 PM
    Wait. Are you guys saying that the small pic that you receive in an MMS doesn't enlarge, when you click on it?

And I've never experienced the slideshow prob. New to me.

05-26-11 11:38 PM
    Any MMS with both a picture and sound file I receive on my Torch which I use on AT&T comes up as two separate files. My 9700 never did this do we have a solution for this?
    05-28-11 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD