I was wondering if someone had some m4a files on their devices and if they're having the same issue.

Right now a few podcasts I subscribe to are m4a and when I play them they open in the video player. This wouldn't be a problem except the video player pauses whenever you send it to the background or open a menu.

I've only noticed this with m4a files and wanted to see if it's because of the podcast app or if any m4a file plays that way.

Thanks!
    08-23-10 03:52 PM
    I have MPG4 files of movies that I ripped from DVD using Mobiola Visual Studio. I am waiting for the update to include the Torch. I could probably use another BB with the same resolution. I have Avatar on my Torch but will wait to convert files formatted for my 9700 to the Torch.
    08-23-10 03:56 PM
    I have MPG4 files of movies that I ripped from DVD using Mobiola Visual Studio. I am waiting for the update to include the Torch. I could probably use another BB with the same resolution. I have Avatar on my Torch but will wait to convert files formatted for my 9700 to the Torch.
    Thanks, but I was referring to pure audio (m4a instead of mp4 or m4v) files. One would think such files would be played by the audio player but they aren't.
    08-23-10 03:59 PM
    I noticed this today. A podcast I subscribe to posted an mp4 file and in my ipod it had chapters in it so I can jump through it like a cd.

I went to test this on the bb and it played like a video. I'm using the 161 OS.

Useless.

I wonder if there is somewhere we could log this bug.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-10 07:02 PM
    Anyone ever find a solution to this? Dope Den is a great podcast, but it does the same thing - plays as a video, and won't work in the background.
    01-20-12 01:48 PM
    All of my music are mp3 files.
    I *did* have a few mp4 files that played as audio when they were on my Torch. They never played as video. Just convert them to mp3 if you're having an issue.
    01-21-12 09:15 PM
    All of my music are mp3 files.
    I *did* have a few mp4 files that played as audio when they were on my Torch. They never played as video. Just convert them to mp3 if you're having an issue.
    Is these were general music files I would agree. But these are podcasts that are coming down as m4a... I'm not going to pull a 1 hour podcast off my torch, convert, replace. I'm just surprised this hasn't been addressed by rim. Ok, maybe ok not ...that... surprised.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-12 06:39 AM
    I've got the same problem... interestingly though at least one m4a does work. I've noticed that this one also shows the cover art properly, but haven't been worked out what the difference with this one is! (its from the Morgan Page podcast).
    02-15-12 05:14 AM
    I've also come across the same problem. I imported an M4A file into my music folder on my 9900. The file opens with the video player. I used the Desktop Manager (Mac) and manually dragged the file. The only way to get it to play with the music player was to convert it to an MP3 file. Is there any other way besides having to convert? Converting creates 2 versions of the same music file.
    03-29-12 06:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD