I had a new 8320 handset on Saturday, and it's working fine EXCEPT for the browser. I'm using the native Bb browser, and when I try to load certain web pages it hangs with the "running script" message at the bottom of the screen. It never gets further than this, and still doesn't work if I press stop and then reload the page, so that's rendering quite a few pages inaccessible. The latest problem I had a minute ago was trying to open the log in screen for this very forum, hence my being back at the pc.

This has happened quite a few times since Saturday, and I can't help thinking that there is probably one little box that needs ticking, or un-checking, somewhere in the settings. As everything else is running smoothly I don't want to go changing everything haphazardly, so any ideas on this issue would be very gratefully received.

Btw, I'm on Orange in the UK running my 8320 on 4.2.2.184 sofware.

Thanks for taking the time,

Steve.
    07-15-08 07:59 AM
    Try opera mini. For pages that are hanging

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-08 11:11 AM
    I got this problem running the 184 release on my 8300. It was AWFUL! The entire device continued to lag and hourglass for a long time everytime I ran into that. I've pulled my battery more times in the past 3 weeks than I have the entire year I've had my Curve!

A few days ago, I upgraded to an official (not Beta) 4.5.0.37 (52) build, and the problem seems to have disappeared.

184 was the only release that made me consider downgrading again...
    07-15-08 11:40 AM
    Make sure all of your check boxes are selected in your browser options other than "allow javascript popups"
    07-15-08 11:42 AM
    The trouble with Javascript is that you never know what the web page writer has put there.

The BlackBerry has a very slow processor (by modern PC standards) and will take time processing large and complex Java scripts.

I have had the same problem.

As bacidath says, try Opera Mini www.operamini.com
    07-15-08 12:05 PM
    I got this problem running the 184 release on my 8300. It was AWFUL! The entire device continued to lag and hourglass for a long time everytime I ran into that.
    Mine did that too rrrebo, but this morning I discovered that simple hitting menu > stop stopped the hourglass and the need for a battery pull - something which menu > close didn't do.

Thanks all for the advice. If, as I was told today, my carrier will be making 4.5 officially available in the next few days, I think I'll put up with the problem a bit longer and see if the new os solves the problem for me too.
    07-15-08 01:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD