I have been syncing my Torch organizer items successfully to Outlook (address book, calendar and tasks) via both Bluetooth and USB (using BB Desktop Software version 6.0.0.40 on a laptop running Win XP), but have a few questions:

Desktop software and/or BB device questions:
    1) How do I initiate Bluetooth sync from phone � other than connecting via Bluetooth or USB (which intiates sync)
    2) While connected via Bluetooth or USB, are there any settings that would make sync occur automatically after any changes are made on the phone or laptop? With my old Windows Mobile it seemed like changes made on the phone (while connected) were shortly thereafter synced to Outlook.

Windows XP questions:
    3) When connecting via USB, how do I disable (in Windows) the pop-up screen that asks me what I want to do � it says �Blackberry User Tools (D This deivce contains more than one type of content. What do you want Windows to do?� Even if I click on �Take no action� I still get this prompt every time I connect.
    4) When connecting via USB, how do I stop (in Windows) the pop-up screen that shows the drive contents? I would still like to be able to access the contents of the device drive (e.g., through Windows Explorer) but just don�t want a new window to pop up each time I connect
    08-23-10 11:51 AM
    Sorry i cannot answer your other question but regarding #4, you can't. Since your phone goes into mass storage mode, Windows sees you phone just like it would a USB flash drive. Or like when you put in a CD you have written data to. This window will always pop up when this type of media is connected.
    08-23-10 02:42 PM
    Boy, I would love the answers to your XP questions!
    Anyone?
    08-31-10 02:14 PM
    Anyone figured out how to stop the pop up that askes what I want Windows to do?
    09-07-10 02:06 PM
    I still have not found a solution to #1 or #2 but regarding the others:

Windows XP questions:
    3) When connecting via USB, how do I disable (in Windows) the pop-up screen that asks me what I want to do � it says �Blackberry User Tools (D This deivce contains more than one type of content. What do you want Windows to do?� Even if I click on �Take no action� I still get this prompt every time I connect.
    4) When connecting via USB, how do I stop (in Windows) the pop-up screen that shows the drive contents? I would still like to be able to access the contents of the device drive (e.g., through Windows Explorer) but just don�t want a new window to pop up each time I connect
    the following appears to work:
    a) download TweakUI.exe from Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP
    b) install it, launch it
    c) within program, select My Computer / AutoPlay / Types and UNCHECK box that says "Enable Autoplay for removable drives"
    d) click on Apply

NOTE that an important caveat to this approach is that it disables the pop-up screens whenever any removable drive is connected (e.g., a thumb drive), not just the Torch
    09-07-10 09:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD