I find the asymmetrically scalloped keys that seem to be set up for two thumb typing very annoying on my 9650. I came from a palm treo 750 where they keys were symmetrical and domed. Am I the only one?
    08-23-10 09:04 AM
    I disagree completely, IMO the Bold 9650 keyboard is one of the best around.
    08-23-10 09:21 AM
    I find the asymmetrically scalloped keys that seem to be set up for two thumb typing very annoying on my 9650. I came from a palm treo 750 where they keys were symmetrical and domed. Am I the only one?
    I think the 9650's kb is great and I type very fast with no errors. I think kb usability is relative to who's using it. Given time most kb's can be conquered, some quicker than others. It does take a certain amount of break-in time for each user.
    08-23-10 09:22 AM
    9650 and 9700 keyboard are by far the best out there....

If you want domed keys get the 8530.
    08-23-10 09:24 AM
    i agree...........love my qwerty board. def the best ive had
    08-23-10 09:39 AM
    it took me a while to get used to the tour/bold keyboard.

but once you get used to it, typing will be utterly easy and painless

I had an app game called numb thumb that helped me better figure it out
    08-23-10 09:41 AM
    same...couldn't have a better keyboard then this one
    08-23-10 09:42 AM
    Bolds keyboard is great but I don't think any keyboard will be as good as the 83xx series.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-10 09:44 AM
    I like the 9650s keyboard, but sounds like you might actually prefer the curve keyboard. hit a store and try one out
    08-23-10 09:56 AM
    I love the 9650 keyboard, BUT the 9000 is better. The 9000 was the best in my opinion.
    08-23-10 10:10 AM
    IMO, coming from a Centro, the 9650's keyboard is different, but at least as good or even better.

If you don't like two thumbs typing, you may want to consider either a Moto Droid or a touchscreen device.
    08-23-10 10:17 AM
    You guys are either kool aid sippers or never touched other BB keyboards... The 9650 and the 9700 keyboards are by far the worst kb's BB ever put out by RIM.

08-23-10 10:59 AM
    You guys are either kool aid sippers or never touched other BB keyboards... The 9650 and the 9700 keyboards are by far the worst kb's BB ever put out by RIM.

Would have to disagree with you there. I strongly prefer it over the curve style kb. The 9000 did have the best though.
    08-23-10 11:05 AM
    You can't find a better keyboard out there than the 9650, except, as pk said, the 9000
    08-23-10 11:11 AM

LOL... to each his own.
    08-23-10 11:13 AM
    Thisd keyboard is great. No complaints. 8330 was a tad better.

08-23-10 11:35 AM

You see posts from people who've been using BlackBerry for quite a while and disagree with their personal experience? Since when does an assumption trump what others actually know?

I've used Curve, Pearl, Curve 2, Bold. And Tour keyboards. I liked Curve, but prefer the Tour/Bold keyboard now.

08-23-10 11:41 AM
    I am a 1 thumb typer. I do fine. I miss my pearl keyboard, but like this much more than the curve. Those were too small for me.

08-23-10 11:48 AM
    I don't know how anybody can type fast on the 9650 keyboard unless you got small hands. I got large meathooks that are working hands and there's no way I can type fast on this keyboard unless i push 4 or 5 others at the same time. If only verizon offered a top end BB with touchscreen but they don't and the 9650 is their best model available and OS 6 ready so I'll just have to muddle thru it. Also, why in the world is the dialpad keys in red? You can't even see the numbers. That wasn't too smart a design. The dialpad keys should be opposite white keys and black letters & numbers like the palm treo.

While the keyboard and the 9650 over all is a very good, reliable and well-built device I find I type way faster on the screen touch keyboards. Also, I'm hoping OS 6 browser fixes the problem reading characters because to see the web pages, too much adjusting to large size has to be done and on many webpages, it's still to small.
    Last edited by zwoof; 08-23-10 at 12:26 PM.
    08-23-10 11:58 AM
    I don't know how anybody can type fast on the 9650 keyboard unless you got small hands. I got large meathooks that are working hands and there's no way I can type fast on this keyboard unless i push 4 or 5 others at the same time. Also, why in the world is the dialpad keys in red? You can't even see the numbers. That wasn't too smart a design. The dialpad keys should be opposite white keys and black letters & numbers like the palm treo.

While the keyboard and the 9650 over all ia a very good and reliable device, I find I type way faster on the screen touch keyboards. Also, I'm hoping OS 6 browser fixws the problem reading characters because to see the web pages, too much adjusting to large size has to be done and on many webpages, it's still to small.
    I believe their intentions on making the numbers on the numeric keys red instead of swapping the color for the entire key was to make a sleek looking device. I think it would look quite a bit less aesthetically pleasing to have 10 white keys.
    08-23-10 12:04 PM
    Yes exactly. You need small thumbs to type on this damn thing. And one handed typing, forget about it.

When I had my pearls I could write long emails without looking. This keyboard I'm lucky if I could write a sentence without looking.

08-23-10 12:07 PM
    You don't need small thumbs to type on it. lol
    08-23-10 12:11 PM
    Yes exactly. You need small thumbs to type on this damn thing. And one handed typing, forget about it.

When I had my pearls I could write long emails without looking. This keyboard I'm lucky if I could write a sentence without looking.

I think if I would hate my phone that much I would just get a different one or not have bought it in the first place instead of ******** about it over and over again! Just sayin
    08-23-10 12:15 PM
    I had an 8330 and moved to the 9650. It took me about 15 minutes to get used to the keyboard and I wouldn't trade it for anything. It's very solid and well designed.

08-23-10 12:19 PM
    I believe their intentions on making the numbers on the numeric keys red instead of swapping the color for the entire key was to make a sleek looking device. I think it would look quite a bit less aesthetically pleasing to have 10 white keys.
    Perhaps. Maybe instead of red numbers, they could've made them yellow like the off-hook button. This way, the numbers are legible and you don't lose the asthetics of the device.
    08-23-10 12:22 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD