I am trying to sync multiple calendars with my new torch. A few years back I remember I was able to get my curve to display different calendars but I dont remember how I did it. I have tried a few different things but everything goes into a single calendar.

I have 3 calendars, work, personal & family. I have all of the calendars linked within a single Google calendar login. When I use google sync, it places everything under a single calendar entry. I cant even view a single calendar to see only the items for that calendar. I have also tried to google sync only my personal calendar and BB desktop software to sync my work calendar but everything still goes into a single calendar.

Here are some of the things I have tried:

a) viewing one calendar then sync

b) changing the default email so all calendar entries go to a different email - nothing happened

c) deleting all my calendar entries and cical files and re-syncing

Seems there is a lot of posts out there with similar issue but I havent found any that address this.

Thanks...
    08-22-10 06:12 PM
    What are you using to sync calendars? On google sync do the following

Open Google Sync> Menu>Options> take your cursour down to "sync these calendars"> hit menu again> change option
    08-23-10 07:02 AM
    I'm using google sync to sync the calendars. I have been able to sync the different calendars but the problem is that if I sync the 3 calendars, all the information gets placed in a single calendar. (The default calendar). The problem with this is if I want to add information to a specfic calendar, BB doesnt allow this.
    08-23-10 10:30 AM
    Really..

This is what I currently have setup on my calendar

One gmail account three calendars

Personal - Red Label
    U.S. Holidays - Green Label
    and Chicago Bears schedule - Blue label

I synced the calendars with the process provided above and this is how it shows up on my calendar when I view it on week format

08-23-10 10:48 AM
    Thats what Im trying to do but my calendar is all the same color. A couple of questions on your setup:
    a) Are you using a gmail email or another email through gmail? (I can't believe that would make a difference but I think I read somewhere that might)
    b) Are the owner of all three calendars or are some shared?
    c) Did you do any special setup?
    08-23-10 11:27 AM
    Thats what Im trying to do but my calendar is all the same color. A couple of questions on your setup:
    a) Are you using a gmail email or another email through gmail? (I can't believe that would make a difference but I think I read somewhere that might)
    b) Are the owner of all three calendars or are some shared?
    c) Did you do any special setup?
    A.) Gmail
    B.) Owner of personal. The Bears and U.S. Holiday are shared calendars through Googles calendar list
    C.) I didnt do anything special, but each of my calendars did have a different color label on gmail website, and they transferred the colored onto the bb calendar
    08-23-10 12:53 PM
    Add a gmail account and resynced and that didnt make a difference. Do the colored labels also correspond to different email/calendars or are they just different colors? (When you setup different email accounts, each email account is also setup as a calendar). Is there some relationship between the calendar & the email account?
    08-23-10 02:10 PM
    Add a gmail account and resynced and that didnt make a difference. Do the colored labels also correspond to different email/calendars or are they just different colors? (When you setup different email accounts, each email account is also setup as a calendar). Is there some relationship between the calendar & the email account?
    I only have one email account with three different calendars. So I wouldn't know how to setup multiple with multiple calendars.

However, each calendar is associated with each label color on gmail account and on bb.

Try this.

Go to Options> Advance options> Default services.

What email is it showing for you and is that the account that links to the calendars you want to import?
    08-23-10 02:28 PM
    Contender (sorry to hijack for a second) My BB is only syncing one calder, not the two I enter. I looked at Adv options> Device services and voila!...there is only one of the email accounts! Now...how do I add the other?

Thanks so much if you can help. Barbara
    08-23-10 02:56 PM
    Contender (sorry to hijack for a second) My BB is only syncing one calder, not the two I enter. I looked at Adv options> Device services and voila!...there is only one of the email accounts! Now...how do I add the other?

Thanks so much if you can help. Barbara
    post # 2 for google sync.. try it and let me know if you see multiple calendars
    08-23-10 03:04 PM
    Contender, I use Outlook. Only one acct appts shows up on there. Both accounts show up on the BB.

???
    08-23-10 03:17 PM
    I would like to clean all of the appointments, recurring and non-recurring from my 'default' calendar and start over in order to get rid of many duplicates. These are left over from prior sync issues now resolved, I hope. Is there a way to do this without having to delete each and every one individually?
    I now google sync with my google calendar which serves as the master. I was able to wipe my google calendar clean of all appointments using the google sync instructions but still have mult duplicated appts. on the 'default' which is annoying. I have set the google calendar as the CICAL default but the old default calendar still appears. I do not have any appointments on any of my 3 named calendars, just on the 'default'??
    Any advice?
    08-23-10 03:43 PM
    Contender, I use Outlook. Only one acct appts shows up on there. Both accounts show up on the BB.

???
    Option A

You can easily sync multiple outlook calendars if you created them. (I cannot look at desktop manager right now so I'm not sure if these details are exact, but it's close).

Go into blackberry desktop manager, configure sync, select the "advanced configuration" button. You can map the folder(s) you want to sync. It should have the default calendar, but you can also select any other calendars you have created in outlook and you can add those to the sync list. Also, in that same area you can choose which is the "default" on the Blackberry, which is the one that appointments are added to when you use your Blackberry to create them.

Option B
    You can sync your outlook to gmail with the google calendar sync application (http://dl.google.com/googlecalendars..._Installer.exe) this will sync your outlook to google calendar. then in google calendar you can move or edit the syncd items to any of the calendars that you have created by clicking on the event and clicking edit.

now to sync your blackberry with google go to (Google on blackberry and get link or go to Google Sync (BlackBerry Devices) : Getting started - Mobile Help Center) on desktop for step by step on how to get the sync application to your blackberry. now once you have the application installed on the initial run it will ask you which google calendars to sync with your blackberry, select which ever calendars you want. if you already have this application installed on bb and added a new calendar to google you go into the sync application on you bb, press the menu button, selecte sync now. once the sync is completed go back to the same menu that you just selected sync now from and instead select options, scroll down to the sync these calendars section and click change option, now scroll down and put a check mark next to each calendar you want to sync.

as a side not in outlook the google sync tool will only grab the default calendar, but will grab all the events no matter what label they are. ( ie i put all my work stuff on the work label, personel on the personell lable and so forth.) google will grab them all the put them on your primary calendar and then you can update them to what ever calendar you have in google.

this may not have been the answer you were looking for or not the easiest way to do this but it works. i only use one outlook calendar and utilize the labels for the events and then multiple in google
    08-23-10 04:23 PM
    I only have one email account with three different calendars. So I wouldn't know how to setup multiple with multiple calendars.

However, each calendar is associated with each label color on gmail account and on bb.

Try this.

Go to Options> Advance options> Default services.

What email is it showing for you and is that the account that links to the calendars you want to import?
    The email account displayed is the primary account that I use for work. The calendar entries have all gone under "Facebook" calendar. The inrony is that FB is preinstalled and I dont use their calendar function for anything.
    08-23-10 04:27 PM
    I would like to clean all of the appointments, recurring and non-recurring from my 'default' calendar and start over in order to get rid of many duplicates. These are left over from prior sync issues now resolved, I hope. Is there a way to do this without having to delete each and every one individually?
    I now google sync with my google calendar which serves as the master. I was able to wipe my google calendar clean of all appointments using the google sync instructions but still have mult duplicated appts. on the 'default' which is annoying. I have set the google calendar as the CICAL default but the old default calendar still appears. I do not have any appointments on any of my 3 named calendars, just on the 'default'??
    Any advice?

delete the entire Calendar (or Address Book) database on your BlackBerry, follow the directions below. Make certain you have a good copy of your Calendar or Contacts elsewhere, as this procedure will complete delete ALL Calendar entries and/or Address Book entries on your BlackBerry.

1. Open Desktop Manager on your PC.

2. Open up Backup/Restore > Advanced.

3. From Advanced you'll see a split pane screen. The left pain is what is going to be backed up from your device and the right is a list of the currently existing databases.

3. Highlight on the right side your Address Book database (or your Calendar database) and click the arrow in the middle pointing to the left. This will copy the information over and prepare it for back-up.

4. Once the back-up has completed, hit the Clear button at the bottom to erase and clean out the entire address book database (or Calendar database).

5. After it's finished, it will ask you if you want to save the back-up you've created, say yes and check the device to make sure the address book has properly cleared out. Now, resync the necessary contact information and you should be set to go.
    08-23-10 04:28 PM
    Any advice?
    You can delete the calendar entries from the BB desktop software. Its better to do it there rather than individually or resetting your BB.
    08-23-10 04:28 PM
    The email account displayed is the primary account that I use for work. The calendar entries have all gone under "Facebook" calendar. The inrony is that FB is preinstalled and I dont use their calendar function for anything.
    Is your primary work email address (gmail address) that you want to sync to?

If thats the case, then I would tell you to delete the entire calendar list. Make your work email the email address under the options > advance > default service >ical (email address here)

and then use gmail sync again.

Somewhere along the line all your events when to facebook and since you have your work as the primary calendar on the BB, it does not show these entries
    08-23-10 04:33 PM
    I deleted my entire calendar & changed the email under options to my work email then tried 2 things:

1) Created a new calendar in outlook & added one apppointment. Mapped the 2nd calendar and sync'd. Both calendars were placed under my work email. Since that didnt work, I deleted my entire calendar and

2) Used gsync and this time just sync'd one calendar that I own with one from Google (US holidays). Both calendars were placed under my work email. (same color).

Meanwhile I noticed that some of my data from my personal calendar is starting to show up in my work calendar. I gather since calendars are being merged, google sync thinks these are new entries and is updating the calendar.
    08-23-10 05:49 PM
    Thank you Contender! I am so grateful for your instructions. Worked beautifully, now I will re-sync with google as the master and hopefully will end up with a clean calendar going forward.
    08-23-10 05:49 PM
    After talking with RIM, it seems that this isnt possible and Google Sync doesnt seem to respond when I change the default email. (it still dumps everything into the same email address). The only workaround is to sync a single outlook calendar, then change the default email, then sync the other outlook calendar. Not ideal but at least for now I can access 2 outlook calendars.
    08-25-10 12:41 PM
    After talking with RIM, it seems that this isnt possible and Google Sync doesnt seem to respond when I change the default email. (it still dumps everything into the same email address). The only workaround is to sync a single outlook calendar, then change the default email, then sync the other outlook calendar. Not ideal but at least for now I can access 2 outlook calendars.
    i have been experiencing the same since i got my storm 1 (still with it 1.5yrs now) and was hoping to hear some good news with os6 and the many google calendars i have.

i manage properties and have a google calendar for each, total of about 7 and many other calendars like birthdays, US holidays, flights, dr. appointments, and other minor categories - all these i mentioned were created under my personal gmail account (except US holidays) and i would love to see different colors in the bb calendar.

since i got the storm i have been using gsync and i too get only one color in the bb calendar (eventhough thru gmail cal on pc we see ~15 different colors). this color for the calendar (in this case red) was chosen, since in bb calendar option i chose my personal gmail as my selected calendar.. of course i can change that to blue or yellow or whichever color i want but then it changes all entries into that same color regardless if its a US holiday or dr. appointment.

when i go into the weekly view in bb cal i also just see 1 color (red) for all the different entries (guessing since they are all under my gmail which is red). it would be great to have the multi color like in the picture shared in this thread.
    08-29-10 03:54 PM
    i have been experiencing the same since i got my storm 1 (still with it 1.5yrs now) and was hoping to hear some good news with os6 and the many google calendars i have.

i manage properties and have a google calendar for each, total of about 7 and many other calendars like birthdays, US holidays, flights, dr. appointments, and other minor categories - all these i mentioned were created under my personal gmail account (except US holidays) and i would love to see different colors in the bb calendar.

since i got the storm i have been using gsync and i too get only one color in the bb calendar (eventhough thru gmail cal on pc we see ~15 different colors). this color for the calendar (in this case red) was chosen, since in bb calendar option i chose my personal gmail as my selected calendar.. of course i can change that to blue or yellow or whichever color i want but then it changes all entries into that same color regardless if its a US holiday or dr. appointment.

when i go into the weekly view in bb cal i also just see 1 color (red) for all the different entries (guessing since they are all under my gmail which is red). it would be great to have the multi color like in the picture shared in this thread.
    the picture i shared was from OS 5.0 on curve 8900. You should be able to do it with the follow steps listed in the thread depending on if you are using gmail or exchange for your calendar events.
    08-30-10 12:14 PM
    Really..

This is what I currently have setup on my calendar

One gmail account three calendars

Personal - Red Label
    U.S. Holidays - Green Label
    and Chicago Bears schedule - Blue label

I synced the calendars with the process provided above and this is how it shows up on my calendar when I view it on week format

I did the same thing but my chicago bears schedule does not show up on the google sync options
    I just have the
    personal - red
    kids school- yellow
    those two work fine but the bears one is not on the list.
    any thoughts on how i could get it to work.
    thanks
    09-08-10 01:34 PM
    I did the same thing but my chicago bears schedule does not show up on the google sync options
    I just have the
    personal - red
    kids school- yellow
    those two work fine but the bears one is not on the list.
    any thoughts on how i could get it to work.
    thanks
    What are you using to sync calendars? On google sync do the following

Open Google Sync> Menu>Options> take your cursor down to "sync these calendars"> hit menu again> change option
    09-08-10 01:44 PM
    tried that the bears calendar does not show up
    09-08-10 01:54 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD