First let me say that I am never giving up my blackberry and my friends that work at APPL should stop with the interventions.

With that said, why wasn't the Torch released for Verizon and who's decision was it?

Does anyone know of rumors of future phones on Big Red from RIM?
    08-22-10 05:53 PM
    Again, the Torch was developed by RIM with the backing of AT&T. Essentially the commissioned they phone, thus why they have exclusivity of the device for now. It's the same reason why Verizon had the Storm exclusive to their network.
    08-22-10 05:55 PM
    Just wait on the S3, hopefully it will rock the same goodness!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-10 07:52 PM
    You'll be waiting a very long time for that S3, juss sayin. .

08-22-10 08:11 PM
    You'll be waiting a very long time for that S3, juss sayin. .

Rumor has it out around October but who knows
    08-22-10 10:33 PM
    If the Storm 3 comes out in october...that would great news. I would pick up one if it does.
    08-22-10 11:13 PM
    I would too but ill probably have to wait till I'm due for an upgrade that and money issues plus I'd like to see what the crackberry team says about it lol

08-22-10 11:24 PM
    I'm not convinced there is any such thing as the Storm 3. No evidence has been brought to the table whatsoever.

08-22-10 11:55 PM
    I'm not convinced there is any such thing as the Storm 3. No evidence has been brought to the table whatsoever.

i said rumor first lol
    BlackBerry Storm 3 detailed in training slide: same look, more RAM? -- Engadget
    08-23-10 01:01 AM
    There is a STORM coming this fall, but it will only be the STORM2 refresh with enough memory to run OS6 and a 5MP Camera. It has been indicated that it will be called the STORM3 9570.

But it is not the leaked device we heard about back in February.... I hope we never do see that device. Because by the time it is suppose to be release in Spring of next year, it will be way behind where everyone else is. Hopefully what we are taught would be the STORM3 or STORM LTE will be an upgrade to even that leaked device.
    08-23-10 12:29 PM
    I bleieve that the S3 will probably be the last EVDO device RIM releases for VZW. The next round of new devices will be the LTE handsets in the first quarter of 2011 - maybe for the holidays if they follow Spint's model of releasing the Evo before the network was widely available. If that's the case, it would be one of the better decision made by RIM and VZW. Nothing like selling a bunch of new devices over this year's holiday season just to turn up the LTE network a few months later. It would aggrevate anyone who bought a new device when they need to upgrade yet again to get on the new network. LTE is not backwards compatible with EVDO (as in, current EVDO radios cannot be upgraded to receive LTE data, but LTE radios can fall back to EVDO or 1x data), so new devices will be the only way to use the 4G (ok, 3.9) VZW network.
    08-24-10 02:29 PM
    I wouldn't be so sure...

RIM may do another "refresh" of the CURVE line without 4G... remember that VZW will still be rolling out 4G well into 2012. So unless the LTE Radio is cheaper, they stick with EVDO for the CURVE and maybe even the PEARL and CLAMSHELL.
    08-25-10 02:59 PM
    Why do people act like devices have never ever been exclusive to a carrier? Verizon got the Storm. Who else had the Bold 9000? AT&T didn't get any Tours. And neither VZW nor Sprint got the Curve 8900 device. Who knows why they pick a carrier for a device, but it's nothing brand new with blackberry devices.
    08-25-10 03:34 PM
    Why do people act like devices have never ever been exclusive to a carrier? Verizon got the Storm. Who else had the Bold 9000? AT&T didn't get any Tours. And neither VZW nor Sprint got the Curve 8900 device. Who knows why they pick a carrier for a device, but it's nothing brand new with blackberry devices.
    Or any other device... If devices were on all carriers, then carriers would end up having to do "add matching" every time a competitor ran a promotion.

So instead they get the same device, and change the model number or hide it in a different colored case.
    08-25-10 04:54 PM

Agreed! I love my Storm. I can only imagine the improvements on the Storm 3 ...
    09-01-10 03:22 PM
    Agreed! I love my Storm. I can only imagine the improvements on the Storm 3 ...
    You will have to "imagine" then...

The new soon to be release STORM3 is basically the same as the STORM2 with "just" enough memory to allow OS6 to run, and an upgraded camera.
    Last edited by Dunt Dunt Dunt; 09-04-10 at 06:05 PM.
    09-03-10 01:19 PM
    Oh I'ma hopin' I'ma hopin'!!!! October is taking FOREVER to get here, too!
    09-04-10 01:30 AM
    Again, the Torch was developed by RIM with the backing of AT&T. Essentially the commissioned they phone, thus why they have exclusivity of the device for now. It's the same reason why Verizon had the Storm exclusive to their network.
    Ohhhhhhhh! Nowwwww it makes sense, thanks for 'splainin' that. I didn't know there was a "commissioned by" thing going on.
    09-04-10 01:32 AM
    I wonder with all the advertising and the success with android and verizon if we will see continued sales of BB in the future? When the BOLD came out you couldn't even tell in the store I had to ask for it. They begged me to try an android. I wish I would have no just to see if I would have like it. Could have always brought it back. Now I don't have that option
    09-06-10 02:41 PM
    Buddy of mine mentioned that the Torch will eventually come to big red, but of course is all hersay......he is a Verizon rep and has usually been right, but who knows.....Deathstar has rights for what 6 months iirc....
    09-06-10 04:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD