OK, I am streaming Pandora through the 3.5 audio from the phone to my vehicle's radio, I get to my destination, unplug the audio cord from my BB and put the phone in my pocket. (note-I have waited and shut down pandora as well as just pulled the plug, either way the below still happens)

Then I need to make a call, and here is the problem. The screen has blinking "earphone" picture on left side of screen and also blinking picture of something that looks sort of like chainlinks on the upper right hand corner of the screen. The call goes through and it is like the phone is cutting in and out in rhythm to this blinking. The person on the other end only hears like every other 1/2 word I say and I hear the same.

Only way I can seem to fix is if I plug the audio cable back into the phone from the radio, with the radio off, the phone screen turns to some sort of voice dialing screen I have never seen before. I just click the red "home" button and then unplug and all is back to normal.

I really like using Pandora (recently started) and this does not happen every time.

WTF????????

Thanks!
    08-22-10 05:47 PM
    It could be a malfunctioning audio port on your blackberry. Have you tried using a standard headset for it instead? Have you tried using a bluetooth headset?

Another thing, have you tried a battery pull?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-10 08:15 PM
    Battery pull, yes, multiple times!

Went back to an older OS, no difference. Then went back to .862 and no difference.

It is something to do with sticking an audio cable into the device and the device not responding when the audio cable is pulled out. It is like it thinks the cable "earphones" are still partially plugged in or something.................
    08-22-10 09:12 PM
    I think there might be something wrong with your port. I'd get it exchanged.
    08-22-10 09:16 PM
    I've heard that Pandora is a real problematic entity for BlackBerry, I'd ditch it and go Slacker.
    08-22-10 09:23 PM
    I've heard that Pandora is a real problematic entity for BlackBerry, I'd ditch it and go Slacker.
    I may try that.
    08-22-10 09:24 PM
    I still would have to say that it's more likely an audio jack issue that needs a warranty exchange, being that the problem only happens intermittently.
    08-22-10 09:40 PM
    Hi guys - had this problem with my girlfriend's 9700. not sure where i found the solution but this is what worked for us:

open up the media player and click STOP. not PAUSE, but STOP. then try making a phone call. believe it or not, this is all it took to resolve the exact same issue you mention above. hope this helps.
    08-22-10 10:26 PM
    Hi guys - had this problem with my girlfriend's 9700. not sure where i found the solution but this is what worked for us:

open up the media player and click STOP. not PAUSE, but STOP. then try making a phone call. believe it or not, this is all it took to resolve the exact same issue you mention above. hope this helps.
    Thanks for the suggestion but no go. Will be at ATT this morning.
    08-23-10 05:48 AM
    I experienced this same problem as well. The phone icon was alternating between headset & handset, back & forth. The caller on the other end could only hear 1/2 of what was being said from me.

It has nothing to do with Pandora or the software...it is the jack that is malfunctioning...anything you plug into it...the phone is not recognising when the device is unplugged and gets confused.

Solution posted in another thread...connect a call, then use something thin that can fit inside the jack and wiggle it around inside to trip the switch inside...and you will see the icon switch to handset and stay there.

Fixed!!
    08-25-10 01:17 AM
    Thanks! Yes, I was able to insert a cable into the jack and get it to come back. Then the next day, right back to problem.

Ended up going to ATT, got new phone as I was just barely under the 1 year warranty. Back in business!!!!
    08-25-10 06:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD