I signed my Verizon contract in nov '08. When am I able to switch to another company and avoid the ETF? I am thinking of getting the iPhone. Any comments question or concerns please respond. Thanks !
    08-22-10 04:11 PM
    Do you have your contract? The day your ETF goes away is the day you signed your contract, 2 years in the future from that day. So, sometime this November. The early upgrade date is different from the actual start/end dates of the contract.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-10 04:20 PM
    If you log on to your MyVerizon site, it will tell you when your contract end date is.
    08-22-10 04:22 PM
    I signed my Verizon contract in nov '08. When am I able to switch to another company and avoid the ETF? I am thinking of getting the iPhone. Any comments question or concerns please respond. Thanks !

If you are that eager to switch, then switch. The ETF is prorated. So with your actual contract going to expire in November, your ETF should be minimal at that.
    08-22-10 06:32 PM
    Your etf would be around 90 or 80 bucks I'm guessing if you cancelled today. If you really want the iphone, I'd do it now. I would recommend also taking a look at some of the andriods or wait until october when the S3 comes out.

08-22-10 09:36 PM
    Your etf would be around 90 or 80 bucks I'm guessing if you cancelled today. If you really want the iphone, I'd do it now. I would recommend also taking a look at some of the andriods or wait until october when the S3 comes out.

May I ask where you got the information about the rumored (not even acknowledged as yet) S3 being out in October?

08-23-10 04:18 AM
    What's coming out in Oct/Nov, possibly later is the Storm2 refresh more like a Storm 2.5, which is just a beefed up Storm2 with 512 mem and a better camera. It's just being put out to run 6.0, because the Storm2 can not. The real Storm3 (which MAY end up being called the Storm4 or something else, and is the device we REALLY want) is coming early next year and will be Verizon's first or 2nd LTE device, rumored, that is!
    08-23-10 07:57 AM
    I find it hard to believe RIM is going to make one of the first LTE devices. Look how long it took them to make a device that supported EVDO Rev A, even when most of the dumb phones were Rev A capable. Maybe they've changed but I find it hard to believe they'll be among the first to produce such a device.

08-23-10 10:59 AM
    I find it hard to believe RIM is going to make one of the first LTE devices. Look how long it took them to make a device that supported EVDO Rev A, even when most of the dumb phones were Rev A capable. Maybe they've changed but I find it hard to believe they'll be among the first to produce such a device.

I did say rumor didn't I? And it comes from Salamondrin from BBleaks, he claims his source at Verizon says either the LTE Storm, or an Android LTE device will be Verizon's first LTE Phone, and then the OTHER will be the 2nd.
    08-23-10 02:51 PM
    The iPhone may come out January as the rumor mill goes, but we have been waiting how long now?
    08-24-10 12:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD