When I connect my device to my mac, I check for updates on my desktop manager, it says there are none. It says I'm running 4.6.1.319, and I want the newest OS. I checked on their website and it says my phone is supported, so what gives? I just updated my desktop manager too, hmm.
    08-22-10 02:01 PM
    Hi
    Check if your carrier supports v5 because it depends on carrier also, If your carrier does not support v5 update then you won't be able to update.

Regards
    Ankush
    08-23-10 04:22 AM
    When I connect my device to my mac, I check for updates on my desktop manager, it says there are none. It says I'm running 4.6.1.319, and I want the newest OS. I checked on their website and it says my phone is supported, so what gives? I just updated my desktop manager too, hmm.

Get a PC ( old one, your friends', at work, .. etc. ) and download this best OS so far in my opinion> http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/of...one-uk-480556/

Follow this procedure to upgrade.

Even if your Carrier does not support OS 5, you can still upgrade. All you need to do is delete a file called Vendor
    08-23-10 06:28 AM
    desktop manager is not the right tool to move your phone to the latest os. follow the instructions Ahmed has posted, and you will be fine.
    08-24-10 08:28 AM
    Is there a download that I can follow for the US/English version?
    08-24-10 03:18 PM
    Is there a download that I can follow for the US/English version?
    Are you talking about the OS by Vodafone UK?

If you were, this OS is a Multilanguage release. So, it has English UK, English US, German, and other common languages. The ''UK'' is because it is released by Vodafone UK. It has nothing to do with the OS language
    08-24-10 05:23 PM
    Thanks Ahmed G. I fallowed your instructions and it worked for me.
    08-24-10 08:14 PM
    None of the US carriers offer O/S 5 support or have them available. Get official ones from carriers outside the US.
    08-26-10 07:50 PM
    Thanks Ahmed G. I fallowed your instructions and it worked for me.
    You're Welcome David
    08-27-10 08:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD