Well, it's been an interesting experience with Blackberry. But I finally have to move on. I would list all my little grievances that have forced me to jump to the Moto Droid, but they don't really matter... At least not to most here. The overall driving force behind the decision is the cost of apps, and the limitations RIM has put on it's app developers ability to change/tweak key core elements.

For all the complaining about the Droid's keyboard (and I agree with them), it has actually been a very quick adjustment period (a week or so) and I can now type as fast if not faster than on the Storm 2... And definitely more accurately... I guess it seems I am just a physical keyboard kinda guy.

For all the little quirks I didn't like about Blackberry and the Storm 2, I will kinda miss its nearly bulletproof e-mail. That being said, I am no longer e-mail dependent as part of my job, so it makes it much less of a blow. The secondary e-mail system(s) work well for the Droid (gmail works great), it's just not the gold standard that BB has set... But I can live with that.

I could see myself coming back to Blackberry someday, but they will have to come up with a large screened, hard keyboard, more open OS phone, on Verizon's network for me to do it.

Take care.
    08-22-10 01:58 PM
    Well, it's been an interesting experience with Blackberry. But I finally have to move on. I would list all my little grievances that have forced me to jump to the Moto Droid, but they don't really matter... At least not to most here. The overall driving force behind the decision is the cost of apps, and the limitations RIM has put on it's app developers ability to change/tweak key core elements.

For all the complaining about the Droid's keyboard (and I agree with them), it has actually been a very quick adjustment period (a week or so) and I can now type as fast if not faster than on the Storm 2... And definitely more accurately... I guess it seems I am just a physical keyboard kinda guy.

For all the little quirks I didn't like about Blackberry and the Storm 2, I will kinda miss its nearly bulletproof e-mail. That being said, I am no longer e-mail dependent as part of my job, so it makes it much less of a blow. The secondary e-mail system(s) work well for the Droid (gmail works great), it's just not the gold standard that BB has set... But I can live with that.

I could see myself coming back to Blackberry someday, but they will have to come up with a large screened, hard keyboard, more open OS phone, on Verizon's network for me to do it.

Take care.
    I second this ... Unfortunately
    08-23-10 09:22 PM
    Don't be so sure you'll love the Droid X any more than the BB Storm. I tried the HTC Incredible for a month and went back to my S2. If you really need a smartphone the S2 is the right thing. If you want a web browsing gadget, then go for the Droid X or any Android phone.
    08-25-10 09:55 AM
    08-25-10 09:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD