Well erlier today we have seen that Bold 9700 a.k.a Onyx has finally been seen using OS6 and I was wondering is there will be any OS6 or at least a great update for the curve2 bc according to the spec of Onyx and Curve2 Is so close the difference is only the processor.

8520 has the Trackpad and a 256MB that should be enough for OS6 to run since it's the QWERTY type and according to the 9650 vids that the QWERTY OS6 type consumed around 170MB that's should be enough..

Well it's just my thoughts how 'bout you guys??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-10 12:11 AM
    No! No! No! No!!!!

08-21-10 10:19 AM
    The inferior processor pretty much means that there isn't a good chance or no chance at all.
    08-21-10 10:24 AM
    No,not going to happen.

08-21-10 10:32 AM
    The inferior processor pretty much means that there isn't a good chance or no chance at all.

Inferior processor? You're talking about 624mhz vs. the 8520/8530's 512 or 528mhz processor. Yes its slower, but not significantly. The real bottleneck is more likely the application memory. The Curve 2 only has 256mb which is starting to look like a smaller and smaller number as these memory hogging programs come out. I haven't done all the homework on the other OS6 compatable devices but I bet they all have 512mb or more app memory.

If anyone has the numbers feel free to update the list here....

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...0E&hl=en#gid=0

Roc
    Last edited by rocco225; 08-22-10 at 10:02 AM.
    08-21-10 11:44 AM
    Well it' just a "possible" thing since when I sees my family's onyx, I had just realised that the application memory is also 256MB but the one that has been difference is the processor.

How could RIM let the first series of curve which has the trackpad gone to waste with the OS5 updates only this is the very first blackberry that has optical trackpad right??

Well once again its just my thoughts and probably time will tell will it be realesed or the 85xx curve series died with all of it's companion in the past

08-21-10 11:53 AM
    Curve 2 is not on the list of devices that will be getting BB6.

08-21-10 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD