So I got the new torch when it released and now I got a perfectly good 9700 with a bunch of accessories just sitting around doing nothing..my first though - sell it!..my second thought - unlock it (logically) well I'm with AT&T (which I personally like) so I called them and asked for the unlock code and gave them the phones info and the rep said that since I used an upgrade on my account on dec 28, 2009 my phone won't be eligible for an unlock until dec 28, 2011.....wtf?!?! That has to be total bs! Am I still able to get an unlock code somewhere else?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-10 01:31 PM
    There are lots of places online, I believe there is even a section here on CB dealing with unlocking phones. These places are not free but hey a few dollars to make a few more dollars is not bad.
    08-20-10 01:35 PM
    AT&T just does not want to UNLOCK until the contract that you bought it under has run out... it's BS.

There are a lot of Unlocking sites. Just be careful. I would search the main Crackberry.com site as they have recommended a few places.

I would NEVER trust someone off Craigslist or eBay for a code.

BerryReview.com will do it for $9.00. I've never used them, so proceed at your own risk...
    BerryReview’s Remote BlackBerry Unlocking Store
    08-20-10 01:35 PM
    AT&T just does not want to UNLOCK until the contract that you bought it under has run out... it's BS.

There are a lot of Unlocking sites. Just be careful. I would search the main Crackberry.com site as they have recommended a few places.

I would NEVER trust someone off Craigslist or eBay for a code.

BerryReview.com will do it for $9.00. I've never used them, so proceed at your own risk...
    BerryReview�s Remote BlackBerry Unlocking Store
    I have used them for my 9700. No problem unlocking.
    08-20-10 01:38 PM
    Yup. Use one of the vendors here. Cheap and reliable. I've used one of them myself ...
    08-20-10 01:59 PM
    Search user cellunlocknet here on CB. PM them. I had a problem with this once and
    this person handling it for me was quick and responsive and had an unlock code for
    me within 10 minutes. Great service.
    08-20-10 02:06 PM
    Awesome, yea I was thinking about getting one off ebay. I figured att was telling me that because they didn't want me unlocking it
    Thanks for the help crackberry nation!

08-20-10 02:08 PM
    Search user cellunlocknet here on CB. PM them. I had a problem with this once and
    this person handling it for me was quick and responsive and had an unlock code for
    me within 10 minutes. Great service.
    Used them for my Curve. Very good as well.
    08-20-10 02:16 PM
    So I got the new torch when it released and now I got a perfectly good 9700 with a bunch of accessories just sitting around doing nothing..my first though - sell it!..my second thought - unlock it (logically) well I'm with AT&T (which I personally like) so I called them and asked for the unlock code and gave them the phones info and the rep said that since I used an upgrade on my account on dec 28, 2009 my phone won't be eligible for an unlock until dec 28, 2011.....wtf?!?! That has to be total bs! Am I still able to get an unlock code somewhere else?

I got my 9700 in March (upgrade, free phone through Lets Talk), called AT&T around May or June for unlock because I was going out of the country, and had the code in less than 4 hours. I guess you just fell on a moron who doesn't know better. Luckily, the number of morons in AT&T is small because in general I am extremely happy with the customer service I am getting from them and the knowledge of their reps. Try again.
    08-20-10 03:34 PM
    I got my 9700 in March (upgrade, free phone through Lets Talk), called AT&T around May or June for unlock because I was going out of the country, and had the code in less than 4 hours. I guess you just fell on a moron who doesn't know better. Luckily, the number of morons in AT&T is small because in general I am extremely happy with the customer service I am getting from them and the knowledge of their reps. Try again.
    Hmmm, funny! It appears it depends on the rep, I got mine around the same time and AT&T refused me last month, I told them I was going to Europe. They told me to put their world roaming plan on for a month! I have been a customer in good standing for at least 2 years.

It cost me a $1.99 here in the unlock forum.
    08-20-10 03:40 PM
    JUST KEEP CALLING. it's never taken me more than 2 different CSRs to get the code. Some are unhelpful, some very helpful, some completely clueless. Just be persistent. Don't waste your $5 on a code, because you CAN get it from from AT&T and I have ALWAYS gotten it from them. I unlocked my 9700 a week after getting it in 11/09. Save your money and go buy lunch.

My excuse is always "I'm going abroad to ____, and I have a local SIM card that I need to use there."
    08-20-10 04:03 PM
    just get one for a few bucks off ebay.. if they have high feedback pretty much guarantees they're legit. if not you lose a few dollars, whoopdee doo.
    08-20-10 08:55 PM
    [QUOTE=JeePak;5491820]So I got the new torch when it released and now I got a perfectly good 9700 with a bunch of accessories just sitting around doing nothing..my first though - sell it!..my second thought - unlock it (logically) well I'm with AT&T (which I personally like) so I called them and asked for the unlock code and gave them the phones info and the rep said that since I used an upgrade on my account on dec 28, 2009 my phone won't be eligible for an unlock until dec 28, 2011.....wtf?!?! That has to be total bs! Am I still able to get an unlock code somewhere else?

�By law after having service for 6 months the phone company MUST give you the unlock code. You are allowed 1 unlock code every 90 days per line. This is a fact! Get a manager on the phone & tell them you travel to Panama & would like to use your phone as a backup. Really the reason doesn't matter. All that matters is that it is a Federal law that cell phone companies cannot hold ypu hostage after having the service for 6 months. I ALWAYS unlock every phone I buy just oincase I decide to sell high & buy a new release. Pin me for detail pin:2164DE76

08-20-10 09:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD