Just got my Storm 2 today, love it so far. I'm most impressed with Surepress, I haven't been able to type this accurate with any other touchscreen keyboard and I've used them on iPhone, and Android. Just wanna throw that out as my first post. I didn't think I'd get used to it so quickly but its second nature and I love it.
    08-20-10 12:31 PM
    i just got my storm 2 this week also i love surepress it took me about a day to be as fast as i was on my old curve best touchscreen in existence
    08-20-10 12:47 PM
    My biggest problem on other phones with soft keyboard would be how my fingers would slide and hit other keys, that still happens on the Storm 2 but I don't have to worry about them registering. I'm really impressed with this phone.
    08-20-10 12:50 PM
    Just got my Storm 2 today, love it so far. I'm most impressed with Surepress, I haven't been able to type this accurate with any other touchscreen keyboard and I've used them on iPhone, and Android. Just wanna throw that out as my first post. I didn't think I'd get used to it so quickly but its second nature and I love it.
    same here. if they drop surepress on the next model, I'll be bummed. (not that I think they'll drop it)
    08-20-10 01:40 PM
    When I bought the S2 I had two reasons. One was that my apps and most accessories would transfer to the S2 from my S1. The second reason was SurePress. When I use our iPhone it's like tapping on a rock; very weird and uncomfortable. Using the SurePress screen on the Storm is far more natural and a much more rewarding user experience to me. It also makes it possible to use the phone one handed, whereas a non SurePress touch phone pretty much requires two handed operation. This is a HUGE difference.
    08-20-10 02:50 PM
    When I bought the S2 I had two reasons. One was that my apps and most accessories would transfer to the S2 from my S1. The second reason was SurePress. When I use our iPhone it's like tapping on a rock; very weird and uncomfortable. Using the SurePress screen on the Storm is far more natural and a much more rewarding user experience to me. It also makes it possible to use the phone one handed, whereas a non SurePress touch phone pretty much requires two handed operation. This is a HUGE difference.
    I'm so glad to see so many new S2 converts...I have to agree with you; when I try to type on a touchscreen, it feels like I am banging my finger against hard glass and feels very unnatural to me. With the SurePress I can type very fast and accurate with a "natural" feel. I really hope the next generations keep it.
    08-20-10 03:12 PM
    I cant believe it.. A good message about the Storm2 and not another..Im leaving for Droid X, 2.. or I can't wait for LTE Iphone....blah blah..

Luv the phone as well....
    08-20-10 07:37 PM
    I guess I am the rare Storm2 user in that I don't love SurePress. I don't mind it either. If it made the phone thinner to not have it, I would prefer not to have it.

I actually love SureType more than SurePress. I am so much more efficient with the SureType keyboard in portrait mode, and I consider it a killer Storm2 feature. I also like that when SureType is stumped or awkward, I simply turn it landscape, resolve the word, and move on to the next work quickly.

I like the phone despite no upcoming webkit for us. The phone is underrated and unappreciated in my view.
    08-20-10 08:18 PM
    Surepress is the #1 reason I own a Storm2.

I started using Suretype a few weeks ago, now I'm hooked on that too. Very easy to type with one hand now.
    08-20-10 09:10 PM
    I bought the original Storm on release day and suffered through the updates until they finally came out with 5.0 and then sold it and went with a Moto Droid on its release day.

Then I added a second line but the second line was an iPhone of course on AT&T.

When I finally had enough of that I got rid of that and ported the second line to Verizon and bought an HTC Droid Eris.

After using that for a bit I sold it and put a Palm Pre on that second line.

The pre was a pretty damn good OS but no matter what I did the battery would not last a day. So away with that and now I am back....

Back to the Blackberry Storm 2 and I must say I absolutely love the phones refinements over the original Storm.

Then I replaced the Moto Droid on my primary line with an HTC Droid Incredible. So now I feel I have the best Blackberry Verizon has and the best Android phone Verizon has.
    08-20-10 10:39 PM
    i love sure press its the only reason i got this...i hate touch screen keyboards...but i love this it works perfectly for me but i cant do the iphone or and droid toy i love the surepress
    08-20-10 10:59 PM
    I will say that I know how all you feel about other touchscreens. I end up banging and pressing my buddies Iphone screen so hard haha. I hate it. Surepress makes everything so much better in my opinion. I think if they upgrade the processor and memory with OS6 it would be the ultimate phone hands down. I will not get rid of my storm 2 because of the screen... that and suretype. I use suretype ALL the time. unless it doesn't know a word then it's to landscape and type it out and go back to portrait. I love my phone. My brother on the other hand hated his storm... The storm 1 just got no love... the storm 2 is what the storm 1 should have been. Nuff said.
    08-21-10 01:40 AM
    I also love the sure press. I tried typing on my brothers dinc. And he had. He vibrate hepatic feedback. The vibrate brought me back to my first touch screen phone (lg dare) lol that was a while ago. I was accurate and quick on the dinc but know I would miss the surepress. If what Sal has said is true about the next actual storm (not that boring refresh) then I am stoked! And since he claims that the next one will habe surepress I will be getting one for that reason... Unless there is something better, but I kind of doubt that

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-10 01:53 AM
    I guess I am the rare Storm2 user in that I don't love SurePress. I don't mind it either. If it made the phone thinner to not have it, I would prefer not to have it.

I actually love SureType more than SurePress. I am so much more efficient with the SureType keyboard in portrait mode, and I consider it a killer Storm2 feature. I also like that when SureType is stumped or awkward, I simply turn it landscape, resolve the word, and move on to the next work quickly.

I like the phone despite no upcoming webkit for us. The phone is underrated and unappreciated in my view.
    I agree with you 100 percent. I like the Suretype keyboard as well. The Storm series blackberry is the one that I have always wanted to own but never got a chance to. I have something similar to Suretype on my EVO. It is the compact qwerty keyboard. I use it for portrait mode typing and I am really fast and accurate with it. However, I think that the word prediction for blackberry smartphones is better. I also agree that the Storm 2 is an underrated device. I would like to see what the Storm 3 has to offer.
    08-21-10 03:31 AM
    The only small drawback I can mention is that it is too easy to dismiss a call even when the screen is locked.

If it stays on os5, that Is something they should correct in upcoming
    versions.

SureType rocks. Effective one handed use of phone! Can't be done on any other touch phone.

08-21-10 06:27 AM
    I love storm 2 and sure press, my wife has the lg chocolate touch and lemme tell ya i hate typing and trying to navigate the menu, i always select the wrong item, just a pain in the bum to use... looked at the htc evo ,... bleh.... bb for life
    08-21-10 07:32 AM
    I love surepress aswell but what I find annoying is that its almost impossible to type when the screen is dirty,how have you guys resolved this? I'm wondering if a screen protector could fix this.

08-21-10 06:20 PM
    I love surepress aswell but what I find annoying is that its almost impossible to type when the screen is dirty,how have you guys resolved this? I'm wondering if a screen protector could fix this.

My screen has NEVER become that dirty! Jesus! How on earth do you make it so dirty that it becomes unable to type?!? That's funny man.

08-21-10 06:27 PM

That's easily fixed. Clean the damn screen once in awhile, lol.
    08-21-10 06:29 PM
    SureType uses surepress technology regardless. So if you like s2's suretype, you like surepress.

I like surepress so much, I want to find reasons to type on it. I still challenge coworkers at work to type faster. Loser buy lunch. I am 3-0. No more takers.

08-21-10 07:02 PM
    My screen has NEVER become that dirty! Jesus! How on earth do you make it so dirty that it becomes unable to type?!? That's funny man.

Hahaha that's what I was thinking.
    08-21-10 08:29 PM

What the heck kind of dirt are we talking about??? So dirty you can't type, that I'd like to see - send us a picture.
    08-21-10 09:42 PM
    I'm not talking about mud here,it's just that I live in a country with hot climate and even the sweat I get on it when I'm talking on the phone make it impossible for me to type.

08-21-10 10:28 PM
    I agree with the OP, I love surepress. I have an ipod touch and after typing on my storm 2 for a couple of weeks then using the touch, I was completely disappointed. I understand I have may have come accustomed to the storm but typing on the touch just didn't feel natural.

08-21-10 11:56 PM
    I agree, I love sure press. I liked it on my Storm 1, But with the Storm 2 it's amazing. I love it. I'm so used to it that I now hate using my cars GPS. I go to type in my destination and it feels like typing on a rock. All other touch screens suck in my opinion. If the 4g Storm loses Sure press I will be getting a physical keyboard BB, Because honestly I can't stand using other touch screens.
    08-22-10 12:55 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD