Can someone tell me what the best os for the curve is, which has the best battery life is the most crucial part.
    08-19-10 07:10 PM
    I don't know about the best one, but the ones I know I liked were

Leaked 5.0.0.411 << If you don't like the new standby standard.
    Official 5.0.0.592
    Official 5.0.0.592 + Willyboy's v4.3 Hybrid << My device was marvelous then.
    Official 5.0.0.681
    Official 5.0.0.681 + Willyboy's v6.3 Hybrid << Not as good, but higher platform allows for better compatibility with coming things.

You can find them all on the link in my signature.

EDIT: Add AT&T's 5.0.0.822 to the list. Got 45 hours out of it with low to moderate use. Should work well with Willyboy's v7.1 Hybrid.
    Last edited by diegonei; 09-08-10 at 09:59 AM.
    08-19-10 07:32 PM
    do u remember which one had good battery life?
    08-19-10 07:37 PM
    All of them had around 30 hours of battery life.

That is, with ME using the BlackBerry, on my carrier, with the usual signal strength I have and the apps I keep running.
    08-19-10 07:45 PM
    Using the official .681 and there were a couple of occassions the media player crashed on me. It just said "media processor not working" or something, and I had to resort to a battery pull to solve it.

Other than that and the browser, phone is great in any other aspect
    08-19-10 10:11 PM
    I'm running 847 now it's only been out for a couple of days but seems very stable and fast, first os to fix my speed dial problem.

You can always downgrade if you don't like one after it's installed.

Battery is about the same and is more related to your apps and connectivity then your os in my opinion.
    08-20-10 07:55 AM
    I'm running 847 now it's only been out for a couple of days but seems very stable and fast, first os to fix my speed dial problem.

You can always downgrade if you don't like one after it's installed.

Battery is about the same and is more related to your apps and connectivity then your os in my opinion.
    He was asking about the 8520.
    08-20-10 08:34 AM
    I have had great battery life with .681, and what I currently have - the leaked version of .822 (avoid the official... bad juju).
    08-20-10 08:47 AM
    May we update OS 5 on 8520 to 6.0?
    08-20-10 08:52 AM
    May we update OS 5 on 8520 to 6.0?
    No. If you do a forum search, this has been an oft-discussed topic. We can only hope for a hybrid of the 9300 OS 6.
    08-20-10 09:00 AM
    I have had great battery life with .681, and what I currently have - the leaked version of .822 (avoid the official... bad juju).

Why is official .822 "bad juju" and where do i find leaked .822. I personally like the official .822, but id love to try the leaked also...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im downloading the leak now, is there really a difference?
    Last edited by mikeyinid; 08-23-10 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Found leaked .822....google :)
    08-23-10 06:15 PM
    I am currently using the .681 and it has excellent battery life. I don't install leaks or hybrids, so can't help you there
    08-23-10 08:34 PM
    Why is official .822 "bad juju" and where do i find leaked .822. I personally like the official .822, but id love to try the leaked also...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Im downloading the leak now, is there really a difference?
    By the time a leak goes official stuff (like radio settings) might change and ruin the balance it had. It happened to the .592 releades by Wind Hellas. It was so badly messed they even removed it from the download page.

It seems .822 has suffered the same fate, myself, I didn't like the leak that much, compared to what I was running.
    08-23-10 09:23 PM
    Ok. Got installed..after 4 "unsuccesful" attempts. The very first issue i had on the first botched try was my track pad didnt work. Pulled the battery it was fine...that happened on the first three installs. The next issue that I had was no internet browser, only tmobiles web 2 go. Tried to tweak settings but the browser just wasnt there. I decided to try a hybrid over top of leaked .822. BAM!!! It installed great, everything works, and i must admit, i had the same hybrid over my official .822, and this is better. I havent talked on the phone yet to see if its got that metalic distant sound, which is a problem ive been having. But, so far so good. Im gettin over 1.0 mbps dl speed via wi-fi, on the other the max i could get was .7 mbps. im pretty stoked

Glad i happen to stop by this thread, looks like a great find...
    08-24-10 12:28 AM

It seems .822 has suffered the same fate, myself, I didn't like the leak that much, compared to what I was running.
    What were, or are you running?
    08-24-10 12:30 AM
    What were, or are you running?
    diegonei
    CrackBerry Genius
    Device Model: Curve 8520 - WB Hybrid v6.3 << This.
    Carrier: VIVO
    PIN: g.... Pong! Connecting...
    08-24-10 07:54 AM
    I am sorry to ask, but is there a way to get an easy to understand explanation of what exactly is meant with "leaked vs official" and "WB hybrid"?

It is really not understood by all of us... (us= me and the voices)...
    09-08-10 04:32 PM
    I am sorry to ask, but is there a way to get an easy to understand explanation of what exactly is meant with "leaked vs official" and "WB hybrid"?

It is really not understood by all of us... (us= me and the voices)...
    When a OS version comes from a carrier (TMO US, Orange UK, VIVO BR) if is called an official release, because it was (well, sometimes) tested by th carrier and is approved for distribution and user installation.

Sometimes thou, some internal, secret agent, grabs hold os a OS version that didn't hit the carrier's testing system or is undergoing testing and sets it free to everybody daring to try it. Those are the leaks.

A hybrid is a collection of different bit from various OS releases put together for better performance.

WB stands for WillyBoy, he is one of the few hybrid breeders that bother to create for the Curve 8500 series.

There. I'm quite sure "all of you guys" will like reading this.
    09-08-10 06:02 PM
    Hi Diegonei, is really kind of you, really clear and we are indeed happy with the answer

I was wondering if there are links where i could read about these hybrids of WillyBoy, would be interesting...

Greetings
    09-09-10 07:05 AM
    Hi Diegonei, is really kind of you, really clear and we are indeed happy with the answer

I was wondering if there are links where i could read about these hybrids of WillyBoy, would be interesting...

Greetings
    "We're called Legion. For we are many."

http://www.dhiphter.com
    09-09-10 08:16 AM
    do u install willyboys os like any other os
    09-09-10 07:27 PM
    does anyone know
    09-09-10 09:02 PM
    does anyone know
    In a hurry, are we?

Hybrid Installation Instructions
    09-09-10 09:06 PM
    yes but it seems complicated im a beg. and imma just leave the os on there instead of wiping it...... so i deleted the old os on my computer im downloading the willys now so then do i extract the vendor file like other ones and use the loader file in common file/rim/
    09-09-10 09:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD