i have the evo 4g but i dont know why but i want a blackberry again... but i dont want to settle for an outdated phone... can i install apps on my memory card like the 9780 will be able to...
    08-19-10 11:50 AM
    Short answer: no, you can't.

The 9650 will be getting OS 6. It's hardly outdated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-10 12:19 PM
    but are the specs the same cpu and ram wise
    08-19-10 01:02 PM
    No they arent. GSM and CDMA phones never have had the same specs...
    08-19-10 01:03 PM
    Who says you can install apps on the memory card with the 9780???

And as far as specs go, not much for searching eh?
    08-19-10 01:15 PM
    No, CDMA Blackberries use a different chipset than their GSM counterparts, hence the different specs.
    08-19-10 01:35 PM
    Who says you can install apps on the memory card with the 9780???

And as far as specs go, not much for searching eh?
    L
    READ MORE>>
    [News] Blackberry Blackberry Bold 9780 allows you to install the program directly on MicroSD card
    STUDY: KISSBERRY | PUBLISHED: AUGUST 20, 2010 01 HOURS 14 MINUTES | CATEGORY: ①. BLACKBERRY NEWS | 1 COMMENT

Today is the news on the Bold 9780 a little more than RIM's product naming convention from the point of view, we all know that 9780 is the upgraded version of the Bold 9700. Today we have another more unusual news, in addition to other improved hardware, RIM's BlackBerry Bold has allowed a new phone installation in the MicroSD card above. As we all know, because BlackBerry's special security requirements, all programs must be installed on BlackBerry system memory inside the phone, not like other smart phone platforms as the software installed on the SD card.--------From berrycn.com

RIM SAYS........
    08-19-10 01:50 PM
    L
    READ MORE>>
    [News] Blackberry Blackberry Bold 9780 allows you to install the program directly on MicroSD card
    STUDY: KISSBERRY | PUBLISHED: AUGUST 20, 2010 01 HOURS 14 MINUTES | CATEGORY: ①. BLACKBERRY NEWS | 1 COMMENT

Today is the news on the Bold 9780 a little more than RIM's product naming convention from the point of view, we all know that 9780 is the upgraded version of the Bold 9700. Today we have another more unusual news, in addition to other improved hardware, RIM's BlackBerry Bold has allowed a new phone installation in the MicroSD card above. As we all know, because BlackBerry's special security requirements, all programs must be installed on BlackBerry system memory inside the phone, not like other smart phone platforms as the software installed on the SD card.--------From berrycn.com

RIM SAYS........
    Ok......? Where does it say RIM said that???

And not sure how that statement says anything about installing apps on a sd card.... but hey, you guys can interpret it any way you'd like.
    08-19-10 03:08 PM
    They had an article about it with leaked slides on the new bold, but that translated version is hard to understand

08-19-10 03:14 PM
    L
    READ MORE>>

RIM SAYS........
    Doesn't that mean "berrycn.com says......."

I would gather that means you can install apps from the SD card, but not to the card. This part looks like clarification of that: "As we all know, because BlackBerry's special security requirements, all programs must be installed on BlackBerry system memory inside the phone"
    Very confusing if they were trying to say otherwise
    08-19-10 03:18 PM
    RIM won't let a ONE phone do that. What does the 9780 have that say the 9650 or 9800 phone does not have that will allow it to do that?

Really don't think it will be specific to ONE phone...

Isn't that pretty obvious?

08-19-10 03:20 PM
    Yes they can and will let it happen with one phone to start. BB's are based on security and the way the hardware and software interface with each other. Therefore it will start with the 9780 and eventually be backwards compatible with OS 6 devices....I know it's a bad translation but berrycn has been copied for info for a long time........check out the time stamps on there posts vs. some un-named sites... like the one that said they would leak OS 6 for the 9650....
    08-19-10 04:24 PM
    berrycn also posts content from BBleaks, like their OS6 video running on the 9650...

If BBLeaks has a video of it running on the 9650 and berrycn does not, then I would say their work is legit in that case...
    08-19-10 04:28 PM
    Obviously not. The Torch is GSM. I don't care for GSM carriers or service so I don't care. So I must ask, who cares?

The Torch is a silly niche consumer slider phone.

The Bold isn't outdated and will get OS6.
    08-19-10 04:41 PM
    I'm pretty sure the torch is going to sell enough to not be considered a niche product, especially considering the backing and advertising...
    08-19-10 04:47 PM
    Obviously not. The Torch is GSM. I don't care for GSM carriers or service so I don't care. So I must ask, who cares?

The Torch is a silly niche consumer slider phone.

The Bold isn't outdated and will get OS6.
    Not everyone shares your opinion on GSM devices.. So I would wager quite a few people care..
    08-19-10 04:49 PM
    Not everyone shares your opinion on GSM devices.. So I would wager quite a few people care..

Ohhhhh an angry T-Mobile customer. It's ok, I was angry when I had T-Mobile too.

Horrible plans, insanely slow internet, no cell coverage and no customer support or service will make anyone angry.
    08-19-10 06:47 PM
    Ohhhhh an angry T-Mobile customer. It's ok, I was angry when I had T-Mobile too.

Horrible plans, insanely slow internet, no cell coverage and no customer support or service will make anyone angry.
    Ummmmm. Maybe you didn't read my post correctly.. I would NEVER switch from T-Mobile.. Completely satisfied with my free tethering, fixed ETF, ability to use unlocked phones, easy swapping of phones, UMA calling, and amazing customer support.

As for coverage, I'll let the masses speak for me.
    Cell Phone Coverage Maps - AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile
    Last edited by Spiral_ouT; 08-19-10 at 06:56 PM.
    08-19-10 06:54 PM
    Regardless of maps, I can tell you there are many many dead spots at places outside the city I travel too that my buddies with GSM devices get no coverage. Iphone on ATT and T-Mobile (Nokia prepaid cheapy on a plan).

I've also had T mobile and was an absolute horrid experience. Dropped calls, no signal, and not once did they get my bill right. Had to have it fixed for one reason or another every month, which involved hours on the phone with call centers in India.

None of those issues with VZW. I can switch phones in around 3 minutes flat without a silly sim card and if my phone gets stolen its worthless.

I tether for free with PDANet. I don't know what ETF or UMA is.

08-19-10 07:25 PM
    Regardless of maps, I can tell you there are many many dead spots at places outside the city I travel too that my buddies with GSM devices get no coverage. Iphone on ATT and T-Mobile (Nokia prepaid cheapy on a plan).

I've also had T mobile and was an absolute horrid experience. Dropped calls, no signal, and not once did they get my bill right. Had to have it fixed for one reason or another every month, which involved hours on the phone with call centers in India.

None of those issues with VZW. I can switch phones in around 3 minutes flat without a silly sim card and if my phone gets stolen its worthless.

I tether for free with PDANet. I don't know what ETF or UMA is.

UMA is calling with WiFi. ETF is early termination fee.

In the many cities I travel too, large and small, T-Mobile works for me. In the areas around my town where I lose signal, my VZW and Sprint buddies lose signal as well.

No need to turn this into a carrier war. Just saying that not everyone has had terrible experience with GSM devices/service and shares your opinion that nobody cares about them.
    08-19-10 07:32 PM
    I wasn't saying it wasn't my opinion, but its also years of experiences. I've had both Cingular (ATT) then ATT as well as T Mobile in multiple states (Az, Ca, Nj, Ga, Sc)...same horrible experience everywhere. Everyone I know has VZW and those that don't have issues.

Can't even call my friends with T Mobile without them dropping a call.

08-19-10 07:54 PM
    I wasn't saying it wasn't my opinion, but its also years of experiences. I've had both Cingular (ATT) then ATT as well as T Mobile in multiple states (Az, Ca, Nj, Ga, Sc)...same horrible experience everywhere. Everyone I know has VZW and those that don't have issues.

Can't even call my friends with T Mobile without them dropping a call.

Done arguing man... It works for me where I live, on my boat, and where I travel (TX, MO, CA, WA, AL, IL, OR, WI, AZ)

Point.. Some people care about GSM. Done.
    08-19-10 08:05 PM
    I don't think the torch is silly. My wife has one, and it's quite nice.

08-20-10 06:44 AM
    Ok......? Where does it say RIM said that???

And not sure how that statement says anything about installing apps on a sd card.... but hey, you guys can interpret it any way you'd like.
    Leaked training slides show off internal overview of BlackBerry Bold 9780 | CrackBerry.com

P.I. guy just for you..........ttsoldier and spiral out also......
    Last edited by Accidental Post; 08-20-10 at 10:00 AM.
    08-20-10 07:10 AM
    Nobody seemed to answer this so I guess I will.

As far as I know yes the processor and ram specs are the same as the torch

Torch = 624 mhz and 512 megs and the bold had the same I believe

No bb at this time, even the torch, will allow you to install apps on the memory card. Don't know about any new ones.

However wouldn't that be a software, ie OS, thing and not hardware? So I would assume once rim allows it it could be made to work on any phone, or at least any that can run OS6
    08-20-10 09:22 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD